It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Quackery, Part 150, 001 : Creationists Say Aliens Don't Exist, So Let's Stop Looking!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I still have physical problems associated with my paranormal rape from 1986.

Like I said. Hallowe'en every day round your place.

How come the Lord didn't protect you from your paranormal rapist?

edit on 30/12/14 by Astyanax because: yawwwwn.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

A very good question and I don't know why.Everything has a purpose and a lesson
to learn from situations that happen in your life.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Prezbo369
Wholly untrue

No I think you'll find that it's all that is required in order for someone to commit an appeal to authority fallacy.

I mentioned them to refute the idea that my belief was "a wacky Christian" idea. They aren't Christians. And furthermore, I never claimed t as a fact, I said I agree with the conclusions they came up with. That is in no way an appeal to authority to make an assumption that it's a fact.

So you just so happened to list two men that just so happened to be 'giants' in their field, comparable to Einstein and Plato, to back up your claim that the idea that aliens are actually demons isn't a wacky christian idea?

You could have just listed any number of non-christians, but you had to mention 'two of the most respected men in the history of UFOlogy'......

And I've had a look but have come up short in my search for either man describing aliens as 'demonic' (despite not apparently being theists). Could you source this claim?

You're lying. Quote me where I claimed it as a fact and not my personal conjecture/belief.

I'll ask again.....why would you hold a belief that you didn't think was the truth?....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

.....you think you were raped (and left with physical problems for almost 30 years) for a purpose?...

That's some hardcore, cultish, apologetic and indoctrinated **** right there...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

.....you think you were raped (and left with physical problems for almost 30 years) for a purpose?...

Eh...I wouldn't go that far. The philosophy of "everything happens for a reason" or "good things can come out of bad events" can also be seen in Taoism, Buddhism, and atheism. Sort of the "that what does not kill you, make you stronger" way of looking at things. Certainly part of one's internal defensive mechanism and there is some merit to the philosophy of trying to create something positive out of bad things.

Someone who was abused as a child, for example, may take that experience and make something good out of it, say counseling abused children.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

the problem with your " explaination " is that the unknowable machinations of your imaginary friend are indistiguishable from blind fate

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Eh...I wouldn't go that far. The philosophy of "everything happens for a reason" or "good things can come out of bad events" can also be seen in Taoism, Buddhism, and atheism. Sort of the "that what does not kill you, make you stronger" way of looking at things. Certainly part of one's internal defensive mechanism and there is some merit to the philosophy of trying to create something positive out of bad things.

Someone who was abused as a child, for example, may take that experience and make something good out of it, say counseling abused children.

Sure I can take the 'cup's half full' type of philosophy, but when someone is directly attributing all events to an all-seeing all-knowing overseer that actively dictates everything that happens as part of a divine plan, and devotes their life to said overseer to the point of excusing rape, well, I can only put it down to the factors I listed.

And delusion.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Sure I can take the 'cup's half full' type of philosophy, but when someone is directly attributing all events to an all-seeing all-knowing overseer that actively dictates everything that happens as part of a divine plan, and devotes their life to said overseer to the point of excusing rape, well, I can only put it down to the factors I listed.

And delusion.

Meh. People cope in different ways. Why give someone a hard time about it if it helps them feel better about their situation.?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Apologizing for your rapist isn't in any way coping with the situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

to back up your claim that the idea that aliens are actually demons isn't a wacky christian idea?

Since you don't know who Vallee and Hynek are (for the 30th time, not Christians) then you surely won't know what they concluded.

1. That the UFO/alien phenomena is inter-dimensional and not extra-terrestrial.
2. That it appears demonic. (only because abductions seem to always be ended immediately by the person being abducted invoking the Name of Jesus and the aliens and UFOs operated with a certain degree of deception)

I myself don't think they are demons, I think the aliens are hybrids of human and animal DNA created by fallen angels, which are not demons.

I'll ask again.....why would you hold a belief that you didn't think was the truth?....

Straw man. I do hold the belief it is true, I agree with the conclusions of Hynek and Vallee, I said quote me where I affirmed it "as fact." I never did, I said I believe their conclusions to be true.

edit on 31-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2014 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In response to the topic of Polonium halos, after reading through Gentry’s work and related references, I decided to focus on one point that would be fairly easy for a non-scientist to understand. Throughout his work, including interviews and videos, Gentry claims that radioactive decay varied in the past. He has no evidence for this claim, but since he has to account for the decay chain process which directly refutes his hypothesis of a young earth, he had to come up with something. His entire hypothesis on Polonium and Polonium halos stands or falls on that statement.

In an effort to demonstrate the outcomes of variable half lives of elements, in particular uranium, I put together an Excel sheet which takes the physical data on uranium and tested whether Gentry’s hypothesis of variable half lives in the past had any merit.

The spreadsheet shows the half life of Uranium 238 decreasing by a factor of 1000 for each speculative half life. So 4.5 billion years is dived by 1000 to yield 4.5 million years, etc. The total energy yield is then calculated on the known energy yield due to radioactive decay of 0.01 WATTS per short ton of Uranium.

The final result showed that as the half life of Uranium 238 decreased, the corresponding energy yield and temperature increased.

Based on Gentry’s interpretation of “instantaneous creation” at some point in time that is LESS than 4.5 billion years, the temperature approaches values that would decimate other elements that were presumably being formed simultaneously during the creation event. At half life 4.5 thousand years, the corresponding temperature would have to be approximately 6.55 million degrees Fahrenheit or 25,500 Kelvin. The surface of the Sun is 5778 Kelvin by comparison.

The conclusion is very obvious. In order to satisfy Gentry’s statement that half lives varied in the past, the corresponding energy yield and temperatures had to be so great as to preclude the formation of other elements. In addition, the instability of the isotopes would make it impossible to know if one or more isotopes were “frozen” in time during the creation event such that the correct Polonium isotope (one or more of 33 isotopes) could instantaneously form the halos. Gentry uses only one “pure” Polonium isotope in his work and never addresses the fate of the other 32.

Gentry is the poster boy for my description of Creationist science methodology. He started with a conclusion and worked backwards to create a model that seemed to fit his hypothesis. If he had approached the Polonium halos objectively, he would have asked the more important questions about Uranium. He acknowledges the validity of the decay chains, but wants everyone to accept his speculative statement that they were “different” in the past – that with not a shred of evidence.

Draw your own conclusions.

Link to Excel Spreadsheet:

www.screencast.com...

EXCEL SPREADSHEET

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
“From the wiki link " Gentry claimed that Baillieul could not publish his criticisms in a reputable scientific journal,[85] although some of Baillieul's criticisms rested on work previously published in reputable scientific journals.[84] " I would think that having the belief that Gentry got it wrong would be a easy thing to refute using the scientific method. As well as the scientific journals to present their papers in . Failure to do that the evolutionist side is just left with arm waving .How scientific is arm waving ? Imagine how much notice a scientist would get if you did that . Imagine the stars and flags .Imagine the shame you could bring on Gentry . any takers ? best of luck ,I am done .”

Baillieul is not a bench scientist. But he understands science and the research. He did a review of the literature on the subject of Polonium halos. The literature is chock full of empirical evidence that Gentry either got it wrong or failed to include standard calculations which would refute his claims. There’s no reason to publish the review in a scientific journal because Gentry’s work was already questioned and shown to be deficient in several areas.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

The challenge I made months ago to debate anyone on this board about Creationism and evolution is still open. Any takers??

Ok I will take up your challenge and then fall asleep because your wrong. You and not one scientist on planet earth can show one species that has changed from one to another. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN and has never happened!!

Evolution is based off a Theory. Just because some Micro organisms do it they think we evolved from Monkeys lol. Guess what Monkeys are still here so we obviously did not Evolve from them or anything else. Micro Evolution is necessary for us Humans and life to survive. We do not evolve physically in that way as God made us just they way he wants us.

When you see what people are calling an alien UFO craft it is either Fake, made by our Governments or project Blue Beam.

When people see crazy lights in the sky that act under intelligent control it is either above OR the same Watchers in the book of Enoch. Why do you think they are called Watchers? That is what they are supposed to do by order from God. They watch us and report back to God. They are spiritual and come from another Dimension, not outer space. and not going to Satan and his 199 that the Bible and Enoch tells of did the same exact thing to ancient Egypt. Make people think they come from outer space and that they are gods that made us Humans.

The best trick Satan can ever pull, make everyone like you think that God does not exist and if God does not neither can he. It is no coincidence that Satan came as and will come back as the god Apollo. The same one who tried to pull one over on the Greeks at the same time. Greek Mythology is no myth. The Watchers can take any form they like. The whole race is not bad, just the 200 that came to earth and interfered with Gods wishes.

Satan has and wants us humans to worship him, not God. God had put Satan in charge of earth, to watch over us but not to interfere with us, he did not like that. What do you think will happen when these clowns come back in a fake UFO and their leader comes out and says that he is god and they made us?? He will get what he wants by most people who do not read the good book and know the truth.

It is also not a coincidence that everyone knows these so called Aliens were here and left at the same time as the biblical flood!! Just as God sent his Arc Angels to bind up the Watchers and cast them into the deepest cavern on earth. The water was to drown their offspring, the Giants that also have been found here on earth. There were too many of them to deal without destroying the earth so God made it rain without stopping till most of them were drowned along with the Humans who were no longer worth saving.

They had corrupted earth to the point God had to hit the reset button and destroy the least amount of his work possible. Just look around, It is going to happen again as the Watchers are back and have been back for awhile corrupting everyone they can. This time it is a punishment from God to teach man a lesson that we will not forget for a long time. If that does not make sense to you, I really feel sorry for your soul. I say that in all sincerity. Open your eyes my friend, life is way more fascinating than some ETs. God made us and a whole lot other species per say who are now gods, one day we will have "Evolved" enough in Gods eyes to be gods ourselves!!

The fastest way to never become anything will be to fall for Satan's deception, especially when it is in black and white, in every Bible on the planet to not fall for it. Enoch goes into depth on who these so called ET's are and that is why the Catholics left his books out of the Bible. You will never get to Heaven worshiping a man before God! The Vatican would not be powerful today if they exposed that one little fact.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So there is no life in the universe except on this little rock?

And IF there are Aliens here or IF they have visited... they are demons?

Is that what you're saying?

Please correct me if im wrong

edit on 31-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I still have physical problems associated with my paranormal rape from 1986.

Like I said. Hallowe'en every day round your place.

How come the Lord didn't protect you from your paranormal rapist?

Because that can only happen if the entity is invited into a home or person. Gods Angels can rid it but not by yourself, You have to say the right things and beg the Gods Angels to help you if you did not have the proper protection before hand that let it happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So there is no life in the universe except on this little rock? And IF there are Aliens here or IF they have visited... they are demons?

If there is life like us somewhere, and their probably is, we will not be allowed to see or communicate with each other until we have both evolved spiritually.

Yes, they are the most powerful Demons in disguise. Read the Book of Genesis and the Book of Enoch. Enoch is the only man to ever be made an Angel before he died as a Human, because he was perfect in every way. His name is now Metatron.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If the Books of the Bible had been properly translated from one language to the next and the Books of Enoch were not left out, just about everyone would have been able to read with without putting it down in frustration, as some verses make no dam sense what so ever.

When there was no exact word to translate to from ancient Hebrew to ancient Greek they had problems, then by time they got to the modern forms of Hebrew and English they had whole verses screwed up throwing the whole meaning of it off so bad it has twisted the whole story.

One good guy I have found knows all of the ancient languages and has translated many verses in the Bible to show what the true meanings are. It now make perfect sense and exposes the almost intentional looking screw ups.

This guy has spoken at UFO conferences because he like myself know that the UFO situation is real but not E.T. from some far off planet, yet he will say he is on the fence not to upset anyone and let people make up their own minds.

His name is Micheal Heiser, P.H.D. in Linguistics. drmsh.com...

He also wrote a book called "The Facade". I would highly recommend it. It is fiction but tells a very good story about what he thinks is happening today. How the Gov thinks they are working with good aliens but they are not, they do not know who they are really working with, the evil Watchers. Enoch describes what they look like in their natural form, they are scary looking things.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: Akragon

So there is no life in the universe except on this little rock? And IF there are Aliens here or IF they have visited... they are demons?

If there is life like us somewhere, and their probably is, we will not be allowed to see or communicate with each other until we have both evolved spiritually.

Yes, they are the most powerful Demons in disguise. Read the Book of Genesis and the Book of Enoch. Enoch is the only man to ever be made an Angel before he died as a Human, because he was perfect in every way. His name is now Metatron.

I have read both of those books many times...

Believe it or not, just because a so called holy book says something does not mean its is true, or even close to accurate...

You might also notice Jesus said we are like angels in heaven... so I guess that theory is out the window as well...

First time I've ever heard Enoch was Metatron though... that's news to me

So basically, when aliens finally decide to make themselves known...its really only a matter of tme... you will be one of the religious type flicking holy water at them and calling them demons?

edit on 31-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

One species does not "turn into" another or several other species -- not in an instant, anyway. The evolutionary process of speciation is how one population of a species changes over time to the point where that population is distinct and can no longer interbreed with the "parent" population. In order for one population to diverge enough from another to become a new species, there needs to be something to keep the populations from mixing. Often a physical boundary divides the species into two (or more) populations and keeps them from interbreeding. If separated for long enough and presented with sufficiently varied environmental conditions, each population takes its own distinct evolutionary path. Sometimes the division between the populations is never breached, and reproductive isolation remains intact purely for geographical reasons. It is possible, though, if the populations have been separate for long enough, that even if brought back together and given the opportunity to interbreed they won't, or they won't be successful if they try.

Plenty of empirical evidence to back this up too.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join