It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure... a freemason Red Herring??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
After seeing the movie National Treasure, i thought it did an excellent job of diverting attention away from what the fremasons really do. I'm not claiming to know what exactly that may be, but a lot of the general public will just pass freemasons off as "oh yea, they were in that movie" And won't delve any deeper into the subject. A cover-up? possibly... thoughts anyone?

Reflector

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by reflector
After seeing the movie National Treasure, i thought it did an excellent job of diverting attention away from what the fremasons really do. I'm not claiming to know what exactly that may be

How can you know they are diverting attention from something, if you don't know what the something is
what do you presume or think they may be hiding? and what is it that your think Freemasons DO

And won't delve any deeper into the subject. A cover-up? possibly... thoughts anyone?

Maybe you should delve a little deeper yourself, there is a long thread regarding this film on ATS already, do a quick search and I am sure you will find.

Reflector

[edit on 13/12/2004 by Bondi]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

After seeing the movie National Treasure, i thought it did an excellent job of diverting attention away from what the fremasons really do.

I'm not sure what the "fremasons" do either, but it can't be good... The Freemasons on the other hand are the worlds oldest fraternity, and contribute extensively in the community, promote charity, and relief... But who cares about that stuff?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nah MM. That can't be.
You make them sound like they are good guys.

Great to see that some people are basing their opinions of things on a media formed for entertainment. I personally don't go into the water after watching Jaws. I'm now totally aware that if I even dip so much as a toe in the water there will be a Great White intelligently waiting for lunch.

I'm also waiting for a bicycle flight after ET. Only thing is, I don't have a shopping basket on the front of my bike. For any alien reading this - will a rucksack do?

Not to mention that I see all Vietnamese (or gooks if you prefer) as inscrutible, merciless enemies after watching Full Metal Jacket.
Personally I believe that all Vietnamese are up to something after watching that movie. What it is I don't know. Good or bad, I don't know. But heck who cares? - the movie convinced me to suspect the lot of 'em of being devious.

I love movies. They're better than real life ain't they?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Not to mention that I see all Vietnamese (or gooks if you prefer)

This term is racist and offensive to all Asian races, and can get you beat up if you say it to their face.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
*sigh*

That's my point exactly. You don't go about calling Vietnamese people "gooks" just because you saw it in a movie. The same as you don't go about believing conspiracies about people because you saw it in a movie.

There has to be a line between entertainment and reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

After seeing the movie National Treasure, i thought it did an excellent job of diverting attention away from what the fremasons really do. I'm not claiming to know what exactly that may be, but a lot of the general public will just pass freemasons off as "oh yea, they were in that movie" And won't delve any deeper into the subject. A cover-up? possibly... thoughts anyone?

Reflector

Would you mind explaining me what you think freemasons are actually doing?

It seems that you have now idea what the freemasonry actually is about. Well, therefore here are lots of people who will answer almost any questions regarding freemasonry, so, go ahead and kindly ask them.

Are there any secrets in the freemasonry? Well, there is one which I will share with you. Link

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
here is what freemasons are doing!

www.shrinershq.org...
www.scgrotto.com...
www.srmason-sj.org...
www.knightstemplar.org...
www.scottishritechildrens.org...
www.msana.com...
www.mhc-oxford.org...

there are probably many more, but these are bad people! all those sites are lies cause they are all satanists trying end the world by helping it out! lol

i didnt wanna type out all the names and thought people might actualyl wanna see for themselfs so i just link them all to the sites about the charities and etc.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by 99CentsStore]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I may be missing something here but wasn't National Treasure an entertaining film that drew ( very loosely ) on Masonry and a few other bits and bobs like the Templars, Ancient Egypt etc to create the premise for a film?
Anyone who sees anything sinister in that is stretching things just a bit don't you think?
Its like the Da Vinci Code thing, its not real. Just a bit of light entertainment but people insist on seeing what just isn't there.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Could be real, personally, I think yes it's real, but not much in the film would be right, or someone would:
Have done it by now
Be doing it as we type
Planning to do it very soon

They stated that they researched A LOT into the history of the film, that's why it took 5 years [I think] to write the script and story...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis

Reflector

Would you mind explaining me what you think freemasons are actually doing?

It seems that you have now idea what the freemasonry actually is about. Well, therefore here are lots of people who will answer almost any questions regarding freemasonry, so, go ahead and kindly ask them.

Are there any secrets in the freemasonry? Well, there is one which I will share with you. Link

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Agnis]

Agnis, obviously you didn't actually read my initial post... either that or i used to many big words for you. I'd love to answer your question regarding what i think freemasons do... really i would be delighted to, except for that fact that I already stated that I don't know what they do. Thank you also for pointing out that i have "now" idea of what the freemasons are actually about... had you read my first post, I said that I do not claim to know what it is that freemasons do.

Let me re-iterate,
---I do not claim to know what freemasons do---
I'm sure a lot of very nice people are freemasons, and do good things in communities around the world.

The point I wanted to get accross is that if the freemasons had some deep dark secret stuff that they wanted to do in secret... (they probably dont ) By making a movie about a treasure and stuff, it would make them appear harmless to the public. And judging by the links kindly provided by 99centsStore, it looks like the freemasons do a lot of good in this messed up world of ours.

Peace out

Reflector

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i thought it was a cool movie that just happened to involve the masons.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hell all, It surprises me about how alot of you "defend" the freemasons organisation. I thought people on a site with the slogan "deny ignorance" would be a little more open minded, eh?

I'm from australia...Western australia. And I live in a very small country town, I've lived here most of my life (I'm only 14) and yet I only found out that My town has a freemason's lodge about 4 months ago. This building is located close to the centre of town, I swear i must of passed it and seen it...even sat outside it atleast 50 times. Yet I never knew. Now, why did'nt I know? becauce no-one does. Its very secretive...A plain building...no colour. Almost like a brick cube with a small door outside...about the size of a small curch...large. Yet none of my friends even know what it is. *laugh* kind of stupid really.

One day i went around to investigate this building..i went around the back to see if there was an entrance. Not very surprising that I found a brick wall...Clearly build After the original building..this 1 brick-thick wall was taller than the actual building itself...It was obviously covering up some kind of back door...but it spanned out wider and taller than the actual building..So why...In a town of 6,000 is there a need for this security? (or secrecy!)

The last break-in of a show in this town was over a year ago....so why, is the freemasons Lodge so tediously locked up? The front door has about 4 dead locks on it. I've never seen anyone go in or out of the building. the doors have never been open to my knowlage, although they have meetings. When?
who knows...cause its so secret.

So, if the freemasons/masons arnt some form of super-secret society and all they are really doing in "making men better" (HA!) why are they so carefull about what they do? To me its obvious they are hiding something...some of you people actually claim to be a part of these societys....But look at the theoreticle Illuminaty pyramid. No one who is a part of that actually knows the read agenda till about the 3rd highest level.....and there are hundreds of levels.

So ask yourself (try to be open minded) If you really think that the free/masons are just some self-help 'company' or 'organisation'

I hardly think so.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Agnis, obviously you didn't actually read my initial post... (...)

I apologize, just thought that you are one of those trolls.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marquis
Hell all, It surprises me about how alot of you "defend" the freemasons organisation. I thought people on a site with the slogan "deny ignorance" would be a little more open minded, eh?

We defend it because we are trying to set you ignorant people straight, thereby denying ignorance.

the doors have never been open to my knowlage, although they have meetings. When?
who knows...cause its so secret.

I guarantee you that if you call and tell them you are interested in Freemasonry, they will invite you on a night when they are there, show you around and be glad to answer any of your questions.

So, if the freemasons/masons arnt some form of super-secret society and all they are really doing in "making men better" (HA!) why are they so carefull about what they do?

What Freemasons teach (about making a man better) isn't a secret, but HOW we teach it is kept private. Not secret, just private.

some of you people actually claim to be a part of these societys....But look at the theoreticle Illuminaty pyramid. No one who is a part of that actually knows the read agenda till about the 3rd highest level

I haven't been on these boards that long, but I have read enough posts to tell you that this is a retired old argument that will get you nowhere. A Mason is a Mason is a Mason, regardless of degree. Besides, there's plenty of "high-ranking" masons on this board, and they'll all tell you the same thing.

So ask yourself (try to be open minded) If you really think that the free/masons are just some self-help 'company' or 'organisation'

I hardly think so.

If you would bother to do some REAL research on the subject, you would be able to say FOR SURE what it is they do, instead of just think so. It has been documented by masons and non-masons alike. The only places that will give you the wrong information are these stupid conspiracy theorist sources. Stop being paranoid and go find out for yourself. Like I said, any lodge of Freemasons would be more than glad to invite you to their lodge, provided you come in with an open mind.

It's old news, there is no Masonic conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Accidentally posted the above twice.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

One day i went around to investigate this building..i went around the back to see if there was an entrance.

The last break-in of a show in this town was over a year ago....so why, is the freemasons Lodge so tediously locked up?

Well.....duh. Obviously to keep people like you out.

You describe examining the bolts and thouroughly investigating the building. If it was open would you have gone in?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

We defend it because we are trying to set you ignorant people straight, thereby denying ignorance.

I personally did not like the wording of this post. Telling people that they are ignorant is not what we aspire to here.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dont feel bad, I told the truth and this guy called me a liar.Now I dont know how he knew this check my thread (what I know).

Sounds alot like the situation were I live,dont ask questions though were all ignorant.

These kind masons will straighten all us ignorant people out though not to worry.

I came here with no idea of how the masons operate, now Im pretty sure Ive got it figured out

You guys are just plain creepy

Jez

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know everything about freemasonry - but from the things I have read I have learn't a few different things.

1. When joining the lodge, men are promised secrets, help and respect.
2. Christian men join the lodge believing they are worshiping God (or the great architect), as they progress through the ranks the great architect is revealed and higher and senior leaders inside the lodge eventually find that they are worshiping Satan himself.
3. Men joining the lodge place a curse over there family and generations to come.

As for what reflector has to say I would agree:-
Some men may of heard things within there church or religious groups similar to the things that i have mentioned above. Perhaps National Treasure was a great movie - but perhaps it was a marketing tool for the freemasons - a tool that might dampen or soften what a freemason really does, a marketing tool for the masons that may make the sceptic join there society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join