It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Received a New Message from "Hackers"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thtas right people lets start a war over a movie not even seen

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dear Sony

Do not leave all you're Passwords in a file called password's with a password called PASSWORD

lots of love

kim

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Hackers are rubbing it in
And practically demanding the head of Sony kiss Kim’s behind on TV Christmas day

In the message, the hackers told Sony, “Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy.” It reportedly went on to demand that, “everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately.”
www.thedailybeast.com...=http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/12/19/george -clooney-slams-sony-hack-response.html

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
They must have some really good dirt on sony, the next demand will be for money.

Yep. Something stinks here. This wasn't going to be a straight to DVD after two weeks in the theater type of movie. Either these hackers have some REALLY good dirt on Sony's execs or they're total pussies that just bow down and who will take a multi-million dollar hit because of some nerds, that are good with computers...

Probably both.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think most of this was a bluff but Sony folded anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sony exec fires back at President Obama

money.cnn.com...

Obama may be showboating

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I say show the damned thing and to heck with what little Kim Jung Un thinks.

I can't believe that SONY caved. What weasels!

Like another poster said, this film should be plastered all over the place......YouTube, Netflix, etc, etc, etc. regardless of what NK (or whoever else is to blame) says.

Since when does the U.S. give in to little wimps like NK?

What happened to our backbone?

Our gov't doesn't have one.....wanna bet that Obama will let this slide too??? He could care less as his vacation to Hawaii has started. Even a nuclear war wouldn't interrupt that.

edit on 20-12-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If Sony was paying more money to politicians and the right people, the government would have threatened to whoop NK and made sure the movie was played and a good profit made. Looks like Sony may be into gaming but it doesn't play real world gaming very well at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Remember Michael Jackson's interview about his Sony overlords? They are no weak good fellows.
Now everyone want's to see the goodie and will see it twice while applauding and paying for a new internet security of corporations. Why not? Smart enough to work.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Some people just never learn,this is a very elaborate propaganda campaign against the DPRK to get all you fools chanting "USA USA USA!" it happens about 3 times a year but everyone just laps it up because all of you still read and watch mainstream news and take it all in.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Granted, but Sony Pictures is an American Corporation that was incorporated under American law that follows American Laws. This is an American problem, that effects the rights of American business and commerce, not a Japanese problem.

It doesn't matter what opinion the heads of the American incorporated baby branches decide, when the head bosses in Tokyo Japan say don't show the movie it is the final authority. Japan's corporation is masquerading as an American entity just so it can legally do business here, but the power is in Tokyo over anything that has to do with harming the Brand Name of Sony.

It wasn't an American decision to not show the film, Tokyo couldn't risk a bomb going off and devalueing their brand name costing them dollars. They can now sit safely in the background behind the curtain while the American company that fronts their name takes all the flak.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what opinion the heads of the American incorporated baby branches decide, when the head bosses in Tokyo Japan say don't show the movie it is the final authority. Japan's corporation is masquerading as an American entity just so it can legally do business here, but the power is in Tokyo over anything that has to do with harming the Brand Name of Sony.

Sony Pictures is an American entity. A huge megalith of an entity. I have a hard time believing that Sony Japan would want to, or need to, sign off on every picture Sony of America and Sony Pictures decides to produce. I don't believe that Sony Japan had anything to say about this picture's content or release until it became a global issue.

And even then, I believe their decision was more about delicate and embarrassing revelations than the content of a movie.

But, was get's my goat a kickin, is that their decision is shrouded in concern for American's safety. Bullocks!
edit on 20-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Still wondering if it's NK.

Not so sure.

Peace

Alright lets run with that.

Who else would be throwing a hissy fit about a MOVIE mocking LIL Kimmy ?

Answer:

No one but North Korea.

"Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy."

1.English worse than mine.

2. Only a communist doesn't like piracy.Unless they making knock offs of them in Hong Kong.
edit on 20-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It is shrouded in concern of lawsuits should anyone be hurt in a theater if they showed the film.
If that were to happen the Sony Brand name would be MUDD, you bet they decided and not some peon down the line.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sony's name is MUDD now anyway.

I don't believe that Sony, the UN or the USA ever thought that this hacker group was a credible threat to movie goers, or has the ability to carry out any attacks. Terrorist threats are cheap. Actions, not so much.

Again, American corporate culture CAN'T bow down to terrorist demands or we become, as Americans, the victims of the very dictators and despots that we despise and stand against as a culture.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks the hackers have some dirt linking Sony to the global elite pedo ring? Anonymous did just recently announce a campaign to bring them down in the UK. #OpDeathEaters This definitely doesn't seem like Anonymous's style, but it could have been picked up by another group, who would probably want to protect their true identities. At the very least, this being the dirt would make a lot of sense for Sony to back down so fast.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Yep, you nailed it.

If I was SONY I would have that movie EVERYWHERE, Netflix, YOUTUBE, CBS, and The Home and Garden Channel.

Our new slogan would be "SONY, because F KimJong ,that's why" in 50 ft letters in Times Square for the world to see.

This whole hack thing was a sham in the first place. A cover for something maybe, I don't know.

The whole thing just smells.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Thtas right people lets start a war over a movie not even seen

Me thinks this has nothing todo with a Movie , but a distraction to cover the real target.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We now demand that Sony make new movie featuring successful invasion of USA by superior supreme North Korean army, followed by dear leader's arrival where he is welcomed by Americans that have turned against evil US government. USA happily submits to his rule and help overthrow bad US government, US military joins with superior North Korean army, and now will conquer world with dear leader leading way. Happy ending.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone else thinks this is just a marketing ploy by Sony?

Now with all this hype about the movie in question, the people want to see it. Before all these 'hacker threats' most have not even heard about the movie and fewer actually had the desire to watch it.

Now someone could sell tickets for $100 a piece and sell out the theatre. It also should be noted that many movies get 'hacked' and released before they are released. I haven't heard nor searched for one, who knows there very well maybe a tor rent available to it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join