It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Received a New Message from "Hackers"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm not sure why would anybody get the impression that I'm advocating anything close to/near that.

How about Sony doing two things here. One, man up and release the damn movie [NK be damned] Second, get some higher quality cyber security.

Obama on the other hand should just come out [and I hear he will at 1:30 ish today] and tell North Korea that we're onto them. Then show some real proof for once.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sorry if I misconstrued your sentiments. I actually agree with what you've just said on all counts.

The FBI just released a statement blaming North Koreans. From NYT:

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. on Friday said it had extensive evidence that the North Korean government organized the cyberattack that debilitated Sony Pictures computers, marking the first time the United States has explicitly accused the leaders of a foreign nation of hacking American targets.

I'm reading through the rest of the article now to determine what evidence they're providing.
edit on 2014-12-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

But I thought that Sony was a Japan based corporation. Just because they use American actors who appeal to drug addled teens and place the movie in the US does not make it an American movie.

Maybe I"m not even on first base here though as it seems most everyone else on this thread thinks Sony is a US corporation.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 19 Dec 2014 12:25:31 -0600Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:25:31 -060014122014-12-19T12:25:31-06:001200000025 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"Sony Corporation of America" is the North American branch of "Sony Corporation" in Japan. While there is likely Japanese leadership at the very top of SCA, "Sony Pictures Entertainment", which is a branch of SCA, is likely entirely run by Americans.

So, no. It's not a Japanese film. It was written by Americans, produced by Americans, stars Americans, etc.

It's American.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

But I thought that Sony was a Japan based corporation. Just because they use American actors who appeal to drug addled teens and place the movie in the US does not make it an American movie.

Maybe I"m not even on first base here though as it seems most everyone else on this thread thinks Sony is a US corporation.

A Japanese based corportation that has a headquarters on American soil in Culver City, California, and uses American energy, infrastructure, workforce, etc.,

Sony Pictures Studios
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
310-244-4000

edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"Sony Corporation of America" is the North American branch of "Sony Corporation" in Japan. While there is likely Japanese leadership at the very top of SCA, "Sony Pictures Entertainment", which is a branch of SCA, is likely entirely run by Americans.

So, no. It's not a Japanese film. It was written by Americans, produced by Americans, stars Americans, etc.

It's American.

But top Japanese execs could have shut the movie down, or sold off the entire American portion of the company making the movie. These non Americans, by their position, are influencing a potential military confrontation.

Sony should be banned from the US over this.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This might be the downfall of Sony. I smell another side to this and to other company's that might be on the hit list also beside Sony.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The Japanese do not fear North Korea.

Neither should the U.S.

Or are you suggesting that the Japanese, in our infinite wisdom, should have stepped in and guided these poor, stupid Americans in the right direction?
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sony should be banned from the US over this.

Yeah, that'll show the world that America is a beacon of free expression!

BTW, Sony is the victim here. Not the perpetrators.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The Japanese do not fear North Korea.

Neither should the U.S.

It is not a matter of the US fearing anything, it is a matter of Japan setting future US foreign policy where NK is concerned. That is supposed to be Obama's job with funding and approvals by Congress.

The Japanese should not be allowed to use the US as their proxy to confront NK.
They effectively committed what is in NK justification, an act of war, using the US as the launch site with their US branch of Sony.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are you being serious right now or just trolling?

So a couple of AMERICAN writers make a stupid stoner comedy, NK gets pissed, and you blame of all people, The Japanese.

That's some serious reaching there to get to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I guess leave it to Americans to blame everyone but themselves for their own problems.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Still wondering if it's NK.

Not so sure.

Peace

It's not, it was US. This is a drill, a live test if you will. Think about it logically. You don't trust the government, you don't trust the media, why would you trust the government through the media telling you NK did it. They might hack your world of warcraft account that's about it.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Yep, you nailed it.

If I was SONY I would have that movie EVERYWHERE, Netflix, YOUTUBE, CBS, and The Home and Garden Channel.

Our new slogan would be "SONY, because F KimJong ,that's why" in 50 ft letters in Times Square for the world to see.

On one hand.....
If they don't release it everyone will say they caved in and shouldn't have made a deal with terrorists. And if they do they will set a dangerous precedence where in the future anything that offends someone can be halted by a threat of some kind.

On the other hand....

If they release it and there is an attack and many many people are killed people people (including ATS) will say it's their fault and all they cared about was money.

I think I would say "F them" and release the movie. If they pull it and don't release it they will make ZERO money on it so instead just release it to EVERYONE for free, free rentals, free netflix, free downloads. They will still make zero money but would say "F" you to who ever is doing it. If they make zero money on the release then something bad does happen they can at least show it wasn't due to someone trying to make money.

link   

Are you being serious right now or just trolling?

So a couple of AMERICAN writers make a stupid stoner comedy, NK gets pissed, and you blame of all people, The Japanese.

That's some serious reaching there to get to that conclusion.

Sony is a Japanese corporation.

You are seriously ok with US sons and daughters getting sent to fight over a movie Japan used to get back at NK?
Guess you are ok with boots on the ground over in the Middle East to defend Israel then too?

link   
Sony need to take a reality check. Irrespective of any action taken by Sony even if they are totally compliant what is to stop their sensitive data, already copied and stored elsewhere, from being released anyway. What is to prevent someone hacked off at the hackers from distributing it?

The data is out there, it will be released, Sony need to go on the attack and distribute the film to everybody everywhere ASAP.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

originally posted by: abe froman
Yep, you nailed it.

If I was SONY I would have that movie EVERYWHERE, Netflix, YOUTUBE, CBS, and The Home and Garden Channel.

Our new slogan would be "SONY, because F KimJong ,that's why" in 50 ft letters in Times Square for the world to see.

On one hand.....
If they don't release it everyone will say they caved in and shouldn't have made a deal with terrorists. And if they do they will set a dangerous precedence where in the future anything that offends someone can be halted by a threat of some kind.

On the other hand....

If they release it and there is an attack and many many people are killed people people (including ATS) will say it's their fault and all they cared about was money.

I think I would say "F them" and release the movie. If they pull it and don't release it they will make ZERO money on it so instead just release it to EVERYONE for free, free rentals, free netflix, free downloads. They will still make zero money but would say "F" you to who ever is doing it. If they make zero money on the release then something bad does happen they can at least show it wasn't due to someone trying to make money.

When they don't release it they are laughing back at Sony HQ and toasting sake because they made the US look like chumps on top of pissing NK off.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you're going to make claims like "Japan used this movie to get back at NK", you're gonna need some proof there, buddy.

If the U.S. sends people to NK to fight over a MOVIE, the first people I'd be questioning is the U.S. That would be a gloriously stupid move.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I guess leave it to Americans to blame everyone but themselves for their own problems.

Please don't lump all Americans into your group of idiots, nobody is saying this except ONE SINGLE person on ATS.

I am not convinced it is North Korea in the first place, The government saying it is gives me pause in the first place since about 90% of what they say are lies to promote whatever agenda they are pursuing this week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join