It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog faces death after owner's will states that he be euthanized, buried with her

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I say plant her ass in the ground, and when the dog passes sprinkle its ashes over her grave. Why would a self absorbed loone want to kill a healthy pet just to be buried with it. Its almost as bad as, if I die shoot my wife and put us in the same box I love her so much.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Meh, I would have no problem with the dog being killed if it was painless, and intended to be eaten. I've eaten dog before now and I would have no problem doing so again. I'll eat any animal, I've killed and eaten cute bunnie wabbits, and my own chickens many times.
The only issue I have in this story is the waste of meat. The sanctity of the dogs life, not so much.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Now I remember why I don't like to read the news first thing in the morning. *sigh*

They should get with locals and find a way to get the dog to the sanctuary in Utah. I've seen long distance pet adoptions work out in such a way that that volunteers transport the dog a certain distance, and then someone has arranged to meet at the next stop and takes the dog a little further and so on (sort of like the underground railroad, I guess).

The thing that really bugs me is that this is a German Shepherd dog, and as such is probably very highly adoptable. He stands a really good chance of finding a new home, if given that opportunity.

I worry about what happens to my dogs if my spouse and I both kick the bucket... but the difference between me and this lady is that I've made arrangements for my dogs (just like my kids) that don't involve euthanizing them.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
does the dog have any health problems?

eh, so now a dog that only has a couple years left of its life span is reduced to sitting in a cage without its beloved owner while the courts and the activists fight the ladies wishes.
yeah, thats much better for the dog

i wonder what the law is involving a will to not be obeyed if nothing illegal was asked.
while it may not be popular or the 'right thing' it is not illegal. it was her dog. those are her wishes.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Lots of fake indignation here for some dog none of us know and wont think about ever again.

It's a dog, people.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Lots of fake indignation here for some dog none of us know and wont think about ever again.

It's a dog, people.

Fix it for ya: It's a dog people.

Robert Anton Wilson said that only one person in a thousand knows that insects are people. Dogs? I would think that percentage goes way up.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

yup.
wonder how much time, money, and effort will be spent and by how many people to find away around this will for a dog that only has a few years left anyway, if totally healthy.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

It's a dog, people.

Fix it for ya: It's a dog people.

You didn't fix anything. I don't even know what that is.

Robert Anton Wilson was an idiot.
edit on 19-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's a dog, people.

I'm a Dog people and my indignation is legit.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't think she has requested this due to her being selfish, or 'queening' it like some Pharoah. She might have been worried sick that no-one could love and care for the dog like she does. Or that he could pine away in misery after she's gone.

I'm getting on in years and my best pal is a 12 years old mastiff, his mother is the girl in my avatar. It might sound like I'm a crazy sad old fossil but I've adored my boy since the day he was born, I know him inside out, and I understand his every expression and what he wants by them. His eyes are so expressive and they change depending on what it is he wants, different expressions mean different things. I always say he has me trained very well lol.

I worry and pray that I don't go before him. Who else will love him like he's used to? Who else will understand what he's asking for when he does that thing with his eyes? What if he misses me so much and makes himself ill? What if he thinks I've abandoned him and is pining and confused, or waiting for me to come back like I've always done before? I couldn't bear to think he'd be unhappy. He's not 'just a dog' to me.

Having said all that I couldn't end his life for no reason either. It's a terrible quandary.

I pray that he goes before me, hopefully peacefully and without suffering any illness or anything. It'll break my heart in a million pieces when that day comes, but I'd rather be the one to bear the pain of losing him than the other way around.

So yes, I can understand why this lady wanted her dog to go with her.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I'm leaning towards grainofsand on this one now come to think of it a bit longer...

She should have simply had a doggy BBQ with a few neighbors before her time was up.

edit on 19-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Or that he could pine away in misery after she's gone.

that is exactly what is happening.
and the dog is doing it in a a cage cause some activist turd decided to get involved.
really helping the dog by making it sit in depression in a cage
good call

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Why does this dog matter so much when thousands are killed all over the world?
Ever walked the land border from Thailand into Malaysia, Thai side thundreds of scabby stray dogs, Malay side not a dog in sight but plenty of cats. Guess you better start a campaign or don't they matter because they're not in the US?
Hmm.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with the principle of putting down your own animals, but this is one of those hard decisions she should have taken care of while she was still alive, and it's not right to leave it behind for someone else to take care of. That said, while I love my pets and consider them part of my family, they are my possessions. If she left this in her will then I think it should be followed. But I also think she is a cowardly piece of #. When she got too old to take care of it, she should have put it down herself. Or given it away. Not have it destroyed in her will. The sheer irresponsibility!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'd grind up a box of kittens if would find a final cure for cancer having said that, outside of a survival/starvation situation a family pet is one of the family and should have had other arrangements made instead of simply killing it imho.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lol, never tried cat but I have read that when skinned without its head it looks like rabbit.
Agreed the crazy bitch could have made a better arrangement for it, but it was her dog, her choice.
If the animal dies without experiencing fear or pain then as I said I think it is just a waste of meat. Of course there are those here who consider dogs as people but I don't, they're pack animals and show loyalty to whoever feeds them.
If that dog is moved to a new owner, that's right, owner, it will only be a few meals away from being loyal to it's new pack.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Lol, never tried cat but I have read that when skinned without its head it looks like rabbit.
Agreed the crazy bitch could have made a better arrangement for it, but it was her dog, her choice.
If the animal dies without experiencing fear or pain then as I said I think it is just a waste of meat. Of course there are those here who consider dogs as people but I don't, they're pack animals and show loyalty to whoever feeds them.
If that dog is moved to a new owner, that's right, owner, it will only be a few meals away from being loyal to it's new pack.

I suppose the difference maybe is, what a person decides they want to do with an entity (whether someone classifies them as an animal or a person) that they profess to love.

It is hard for me to imagine sentencing to death a creature that I have a heart-felt relationship with, just because I myself will have unfortunately passed.

But I can see that opinions on this are quite varied!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Let's turn this around for a second.

What if the Dog died first ?

Should we put the Human down to bury with the Dog ?

This is the most ignorant thing I have read in a long time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I concur, in fact, if a human cannot provide food for their pet, I think we should also demand the woman cut off her limbs, starting with the feet, until such a time as she could maintain a healthy diet for her pet.
edit on 19-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Sounds fair enough...depending of course what the dog wrote in his will

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join