It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog faces death after owner's will states that he be euthanized, buried with her

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Connie Lay, who died on Nov. 25, mentioned in her will that she wanted Bela, her beloved dog, to be put down and have his ashes put with her own. The report pointed out that animals are considered possessions and the owner has the legal right to decide its fate.

So...let me get this straight...the owner of a dog can specify that a healthy dog can be put to death to satisfy their post-life wishes.

Should there not be some distinction in the law between living and non-living "possessions"?

Why is it that dog owners cannot neglect or abuse their companion animals under the law, but killing them outright is okay?

Wow...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Hopefully this will be held up in the courts until she's buried. She could have just as easily asked to be exhumed once the dog died and that it then be put with her, but no, this "loving petowner" thinks she's some kind of Egyptian Queen and wants her dog killed. Lucky she didn't have handmaidens.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
thinks she's some kind of Egyptian Queen

My thoughts exactly.

As long as it breathes, it should not be considered a possession.
It should be treated like offspring, you don't own your children, they own themselves.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skaffa

thinks she's some kind of Egyptian Queen

My thoughts exactly.

Yes, and now that I think about my post, I want handmaidens!

Bottom line, dogs are people too. One of the Pope's even said they all go to heaven (but please, not this soon).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hopefully this will be held up in the courts until she's buried. She could have just as easily asked to be exhumed once the dog died and that it then be put with her, but no, this "loving petowner" thinks she's some kind of Egyptian Queen and wants her dog killed. Lucky she didn't have handmaidens.

That was exactly what came to mind...the Egyptian royalty example...when I read this.

That's what you get for a lifetime of loyal service....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I agree with eveyone, but does anyone know how old the dog is? The average life-span on these big dogs is like only 10 -12 yrs. So, Im wondering if she thought it was better for her "old" companion to go with her, rather than be subjected to the unknown treatment by strangers in his old age?

Otherwise, she has to be the most selfish old lady ever.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Selfish old gal isnt she

I'm a pet lover and would want my loved four legged family member to enjoy a full life however long it has left.

Some peoples ego are so bloated and huge that they really thought they can take anothers life with them when they die. She could have set aside enough funds for it's care or made arrangements with family/friends before her passing.

I guess she was too much into herself.
edit on 19-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I guess i could see her point in that case.

Some animals can't really deal with big changes when they're nearing the end of their journey.
Especially dogs, they can get quite depressed after their owner dies.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"owner"...

That's the problem right there. People still have this delusional mindset that they can "own" another sentient life form. Pets are not objects. Animals don't exist to serve us. Although this story does expose an even greater hypoocrisy in society that most are too uncomfortable to look at: Our habit of slaughtering animals for food while claiming to care about animal welfare. We don't need meat for nutrition, and unless you're eating roadkill, eating meat is endorsing the needless suffering of other animals.

The way we distinguish between which animals get our protection and which don't is petty, mindless, and just as damaging to our psyches as it is to the animals who died needlessly. Hypocrisy, double standards, and intense cognitive dissonance plague most of us because our society is so nihilistic, and our peers/parents are all in the same boat as us. When you start to unplug yourself from The Machine, you'll feel 1000% better and be able to see and think much more clearly.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sounds like a very selfish woman to me. Her wants and desires over what she says is a beloved pet . A beloved bracelet or pair of shoes is more like it. She didn't love her dog she loved the possession of the dog. I worry that my pets would be lonely once I die but I sure as hell don't want them destroyed to avoid the dispare. Hopefully someone else will love and care for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People can and do own pets. There certainly are animals that serve us and work for us. In most cases it's an inbred desire to do so. Animals and people are not the same thing. One doesn't think or have the same wants and needs as the other. Say what you will. They are not equal and a dog doesn't want to be your equal in most cases. Pack mentality makes your dog subservient to you and its totally what the dog desires. Don't give your dog human qualities. He neither wants nor needs them. Try to understand your pet. reply to: Son of Will

edit on 12192014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The 9 year old dog, Bella, could go to a sactuary in Utah, as the owner wished, but there is no $$$ for that.

An alternative to Bela's fate, as mentioned in the will, would be to send the dog to Best Friends Animal Society in Utah, a no-kill sanctuary, the report said. But the attorney said due to financial strains, that is not an option.

I think this "news" is a ploy for donations to "Save Bella", which I'm fine with.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

We should be really trying to bring her back to life, so we can slap her, then put her back down.

On the other hand , maybe as one other posted above this could have been an idiotic ploy to generate finances in order to make sure Bella was taken after?
edit on 151231America/ChicagoFri, 19 Dec 2014 09:15:33 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Like Egypt. First thought and then noticed it was thought by others too. If its alive and breathing, life isn't owned and subject to the whims of others.

Good people don't follow bad orders, they challenge and disobey them. I'd just take the dog away and find a home for it across the country.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
selfish and probably egoistic woman. i hope they don't do that, like others have said, why not wait until the dog is dead? you love it so much you are willing to end it's life early just because what, you think you will travel to the afterlife together or some such nonsense?
wow i would slap her in the face even if dead.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was just thinking of a will reading, ie. my family after grandma passed. And something ludicrous like this.

Good people do not obey bad orders.

My brother or father would have loaded the dog in his truck and kept it or given it away to a good home.

Don't obey bad orders, no matter who is giving them. Never obey anything bad, corrupt, unjust or cruel. You be the judge.

Do have to say its more than than the old lady who is psychopathic.

It hit news because the family is divided about what to do? The family is apathetic and insane in their response to such a thing? They're all insane in the membrane? I can't think of too many families who would sit around on their buttsides allowing this.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

On the other hand , maybe as one other posted above this could have been a ploy to generate finances to make sure Bella was taken after?

Yeah. That attorney says there's no funds available to save Bella, but I bet he's getting paid quite nicely!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm starting a protest today over this.

Dog lives matter.

Who's with me?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Time doesn't have the same meaning on the other side.

She patiently should "wait" for her dog to fully live it's life.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Was she a s*** stirrer in life, too?

Last hurrah, the only kind worse are rich people that leave everything to their pet.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join