It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correcting problems created by POTUS and Dems

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have two question: 1.) If a Republican becomes the next POTUS, with Republicans in charge of Congress and Senate. How long do you all think it will take to correct the problems that our current POTUS and Democrats have created? 2.) Now I know that not all will ever be fixed. But which ones do you all see being corrected?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have two question: 1.) If a Republican becomes the next POTUS, with Republicans in charge of Congress and Senate. How long do you all think it will take to correct the problems that our current POTUS and Democrats have created? 2.) Now I know that not all will ever be fixed. But which ones do you all see being corrected?

Same Sh*t different A**holes, only the names will change.
edit on 19-12-2014 by YouNeedMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
yes and in the process create different problems for the next iteration ad nauseum. aka same # different year

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If you believe it was only the Democrats and the current POTUS that put the US where it is today, I'd dare say you're part of the problem, and not the solution.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
If you believe it was only the Democrats and the current POTUS that put the US where it is today, I'd dare say you're part of the problem, and not the solution.

The problems with America can be summed up in one word: CORRUPTION

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Both Republicans and Democrats contributed to the condition the nation is in right now. Anyone that thinks just the President is responsible has been watching too much FOX and listing to too much Rush. Thinking if this party gets in they can fix everything is ridiculous. Also just because the Republicans have the House and Senate now doesn't mean they will have it when the next President walks in because in the next election we will also be voting for members of Congress as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

1.) If a Republican becomes the next POTUS, with Republicans in charge of Congress and Senate. How long do you all think it will take to correct the problems that our current POTUS and Democrats have created?

Look at history, when republicans have had full control in the past they never made any significant changes to shrink gov't, decrease taxes,increase privacy nor promote individual freedom.

In addition they did not fix any of the plethora of issues that exist today which existed back than and some have existed for numerous decades if not centuries.

Regardless of which party is in control both give you bigger gov't, more debt, and less personal freedom. In fact, the last Republican administration raised the bar in giving you bigger gov't, more debt, and less personal freedom.

2.) Now I know that not all will ever be fixed. But which ones do you all see being corrected?

The first thing the Republican control congress will attack are the issues critical to the lobbyist but beneficial to the general public .

There has to be a loser in order to be a winner and with net neutrality the general public is the winner, that slipped through the cracks and the Oligopoly corporations want it rectified.

Undoing net neutrality which is beneficial for the general public will be one of their top goals .While the evil Romney care (Oops I mean Obamacare) corporate friendly regulations will not be undone.

edit on 121231America/ChicagoFri, 19 Dec 2014 09:12:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It would depend on which republican and which members of house and senate, and whether there is a super majority in the senate or not... lots of variables.

Lots of members posting here are of the mindset(apparently) that we should just roll over and take it because it doesn't matter who (D or R) is in office ever... I disagree of course, but I disagree further in saying NOT EVERY REPUBLICAN is the same.

So my TLDR version is: It depends on whom...
edit on 12/19/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

but I disagree further in saying NOT EVERY REPUBLICAN is the same.

Excellent point because the Tea Party had divided the Republicans. And it's getting bad enough that they can't get along long enough to even vote the same way like on immigration reform they were at odds with each other.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Look what's been "fixed" already.

At this clip, the US should be partitioned off, internet turned off, elections cancelled and round one of Hunger Games starting by 2017. Ayn Rand's disgusting face will be up there next to Jesus and the (interim) supreme ruler.

FFS. Never mind what the controllers have planned for wars abroad. I can see it now. A solid majority of Americans support autonomous battle bots to fight the war on otherness. Open to domestic zombie policing.

The only question I have is; is Canada far enough away from this beast.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun I do not believe it is only the Democrats that cause problems. However, for the last 6 years it has been ALL DEMOCRATS. I can blame every issue in the last 6 years on every Democrat in Congress, Senate, and President. As far as what happened in the past with Republicans sure there where mistakes, however the way I see it they did not hurt anyone as much as the Democrats have.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Until you cast off your Republican Vs. Democrat thinking we cannot move forward. The two-party system itself is at fault, as are the financiers keeping that system in place.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Look what's been "fixed" already.

At this clip, the US should be partitioned off, internet turned off, elections cancelled and round one of Hunger Games starting by 2017. Ayn Rand's disgusting face will be up there next to Jesus and the (interim) supreme ruler.

FFS. Never mind what the controllers have planned for wars abroad. I can see it now. A solid majority of Americans support autonomous battle bots to fight the war on otherness. Open to domestic zombie policing.

The only question I have is; is Canada far enough away from this beast.

Nope, but if you know what you're doing, you can still get lost in Alaska and the great white north!
If you want to run away from the problems, that is.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Well that's something I can finally agree with you on. No matter what country your talking about, as long as there's a two party system in any capitalist society, I doubt there will be any fundamental change no matter which party gains power.

But, (although it may seem to contradict my first paragraph) I personally doubt the republican party will just allow states to continue legalizing cannabis for medical or recreational purposes, it has just always felt like a unique Obama policy to me. The republican party will almost most certainly demand the DEA do mass raids on these establishments, to please there fanatical christian supporters.

So basically, if you vote republican, you'd probably be voting for more 'government control' and federal government interference into state laws and politics.............Just saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That's the beauty of ATS. Even though we may disagree constantly, we'll still manage to find some common ground somewhere!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What makes you think anything will change. We were to have Change the last time. Did you see any?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well I do not think anybody is going run on a platform that says we are taking back your healthcare, we are going to stop job growth, going to restart some long term wars, and we want to go back when most of the Planet was angry at us.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Well I do not think anybody is going run on a platform that says we are taking back your healthcare, we are going to stop job growth, going to restart some long term wars, and we want to go back when most of the Planet was angry at us.
What planet do you live on? The rest of the world hates us even more since this guy got elected. Jobs growth? Have you looked at how many people are now out of the labor force? How about how many people on some form of public assistance? Oh and it's not like Obama didn't bomb Libya or threaten to do the same to Syria and it's not like ISIS didn't form under his watch after withdrawing troops and leaving all that hardware there like M1 Abrams for them to go cruising around in. And just whose health care is going to be taken away? I know I lost mine for a while after the implementation of the ACA and what I have now costs more not less, as it was advertised to do.

The guy is no different than anyone prior and in many cases is worse. Keep defending his inadequacy!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun I do not believe it is only the Democrats that cause problems. However, for the last 6 years it has been ALL DEMOCRATS. I can blame every issue in the last 6 years on every Democrat in Congress, Senate, and President. As far as what happened in the past with Republicans sure there where mistakes, however the way I see it they did not hurt anyone as much as the Democrats have.

It has not been all Democrats for the last six years. The Republicans have had the majority in the house for the last two years. if you don't know enough about the government to know this then you really need to brush up on your history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join