It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inspired to share MY ghost story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I would be pretty surprised if this made it on the radio show. I've never listened to it so I don't really know what the content is, all I'm familiar with is the NLBS and I sure hope I don't wind up on there lol.

I actually never even thought of looking into the residence through my professional contacts. I wasn't living in my employer county at the time, and the previous tenants had made it seem like it was no big deal to them so I guess I just never considered it for whatever reason. They also didn't have any children in the home, though. Both their kids were young adults. That's a good point and I wish I had thought of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gibraltarian

Great story man. I apologize for not replying earlier, I read this via mobile and then forgot to get back to it.

I totally understand where you're coming from with wanting to ask the florist what's going on. I've thought about dropping by the house a few times, but if those people living there now are doing okay and not experiencing anything I don't want to freak them out.

And I don't want to give anything the opportunity to "latch on" to me if it's still there. I don't want to bring anything home with me!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'm a lapsed Catholic. We considered going the religious route, but my faith isn't/wasn't (in my opinion) strong enough to work, and my ex is an atheist so she wouldn't have added a whole lot to anything. She was willing to try it, but I figured the lack of at least one strong believer in the house, it wouldn't have done much for us.

1) The younger child was never, at least the nights when I was home for "events," woken up by anything. In the downstairs bedroom, their beds were about 3 feet apart, and he was closest to the door. You would have to pass him to get to the older one, so it was easy enough to check on him. Every time I was home and went in to get the older one, the younger one was snoring away. Even if he was left in the room by himself, nothing happened to him.

2) The footprints in the snow were, as best I can recall, just depressions in the rough shape of a foot. I'm no expert tracker or anything so I couldn't really identify them, other than not mine. I didn't disturb the tracks in any way, so my tracks were next to them. The tracks continued through our yard and in to the next yard. Our back yard connected to the back yard of another house. It was pretty much wide open, with only a shed in our yard and a shed in theirs. Whatever I was chasing, I felt that I should've been able to see it across the yard because I could hear it (or thought I could) when I opened the door. Unless they were track star anyway. I followed the tracks into our yard and they kept going a bit, but I couldn't see anybody so I went back to the house. I was in shorts and a t-shirt, it was cold, and I wanted to check on the kids. And in case I didn't mention it, it was cold lol.

3) My kid had just gotten big enough to start grabbing door knobs. Whether or not he could actually get the door open or not was a different question. There was a door on the pantry that he could open, but I never saw him open the front door by himself. This particular day, my ex did say (when I called her to fill her in) that she thought she might have forgotten to lock the front door. The twist on the door knob was fairly heavy though. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he would've been able to get it open on his own, especially if it wasn't latched all the way. He was TRYING to open doors in the house, but without success most of the time. So I really believe he was just going exploring and got lucky with the front door for once. I don't discount the idea that he may have been lead outside, but I don't think it's the more likely of the two options.

Sounds like you had a lovely little house yourself! Those are things that my high school friend had talked about happening to her as well. Hers got significantly worse though, from what I recall of her story.

Guns are fun, and great tools, but I wish they could take care of paranormal things too!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'm a lapsed Catholic. We considered going the religious route, but my faith isn't/wasn't (in my opinion) strong enough to work, and my ex is an atheist so she wouldn't have added a whole lot to anything. She was willing to try it, but I figured the lack of at least one strong believer in the house, it wouldn't have done much for us.

Baptist myself, by practice, in case you are curious. There, I have to agree. A lack of faith from one of you, and less-than-strong faith from the other, and the probable outcome is that such methods would not have been effective. Faith can indeed be very effective in removing such things, but that faith cannot waiver. The place we were back then, I see as a sort of lesson. One thing that happened there was dreams of this "troll" thing, something like the critter in Cat's Eye, but bigger, that I dreamed was what was making the noises in the heating vents. In a dream, I rebuked it, in the Name of Jesus, and it retreated. After that, the sounds in the vents were gone, too. Nice lesson in spiritual warfare, is how I look at that now!

1) The younger child was never, at least the nights when I was home for "events," woken up by anything. In the downstairs bedroom, their beds were about 3 feet apart, and he was closest to the door. You would have to pass him to get to the older one, so it was easy enough to check on him. Every time I was home and went in to get the older one, the younger one was snoring away. Even if he was left in the room by himself, nothing happened to him.

So, either he wasn't a target, or he was simply too sound a sleeper. My sister was always like that, sleeping through a fire alarm that fell off the wall, and even a house explosion under a mile from us, both of which woke everyone else. So, it's possible that whatever scared the older child simply didn't wake him.

2) The footprints in the snow were, as best I can recall, just depressions in the rough shape of a foot. I'm no expert tracker or anything so I couldn't really identify them, other than not mine. I didn't disturb the tracks in any way, so my tracks were next to them. The tracks continued through our yard and in to the next yard. Our back yard connected to the back yard of another house. It was pretty much wide open, with only a shed in our yard and a shed in theirs. Whatever I was chasing, I felt that I should've been able to see it across the yard because I could hear it (or thought I could) when I opened the door. Unless they were track star anyway. I followed the tracks into our yard and they kept going a bit, but I couldn't see anybody so I went back to the house. I was in shorts and a t-shirt, it was cold, and I wanted to check on the kids. And in case I didn't mention it, it was cold lol.

So, potentially, in that case at least, there was a person. Fast, to be sure, but possibly human. Then again, odd tracks that were NOT human have been left in some cases, so who knows? That speed in the cold and snow seems difficult, at best. I can totally understand not following too far in the cold, dressed so lightly! I would assume you did hear whoever, or whatever, was there. Cold night, snow; what but running steps would sound like that? Tracks big enough to be a person wouldn't be confused with those of an animal. I am no expert, either, but I have seen animal prints in snow, and they look far different and smaller, than those of people.

3) My kid had just gotten big enough to start grabbing door knobs. Whether or not he could actually get the door open or not was a different question. There was a door on the pantry that he could open, but I never saw him open the front door by himself. This particular day, my ex did say (when I called her to fill her in) that she thought she might have forgotten to lock the front door. The twist on the door knob was fairly heavy though. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he would've been able to get it open on his own, especially if it wasn't latched all the way. He was TRYING to open doors in the house, but without success most of the time. So I really believe he was just going exploring and got lucky with the front door for once. I don't discount the idea that he may have been lead outside, but I don't think it's the more likely of the two options.

Well, it seems likely he did get the door open, at least that time. Small kids have been known to do so! Two of mine did once, and I found them on the front porch, because the noise woke me up I am NOT a heavy sleeper! After that, In installed a flip latch at the top, sort of like a tab that you can flip over the door, and that slides down into grooves to stay in place. That, they couldn't reach. The "alarm" you got when that happened does seem like a warning of sorts. In your place, I'd be wondering of the other knocks and rings were supposed to be as well, or if they were unrelated. Certainly, any person doing the knocking would not have simply vanished!

Sounds like you had a lovely little house yourself! Those are things that my high school friend had talked about happening to her as well. Hers got significantly worse though, from what I recall of her story.

Oh, I am very glad we moved when we did! The place was only two bedrooms, though, and a rental, and we had to move before my son (second child) was born. Didn't miss that pace AT ALL! The attic steps, the noises in the vents, the basement door; all happened with my daughter and I there, but NEVER when my husband was home. Apparently, things like that don't like him at all. Then again, these days, they don't come around me, either. I've grown a bit spiritually since then.

Guns are fun, and great tools, but I wish they could take care of paranormal things too!

That would be handy, but perhaps lard on the walls, lol! I'd recommend working on faith, instead. Even on your own, just understanding that a person who has accepted Christ can, through His authority, order such things out of their home, is a powerful thing to know! Ever read any Peretti books? This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness are both good fiction, and also a good way to look at spiritual warfare, which is what I believe hauntings are, in cases where the "ghost" interacts with the people. I actually ordered something out of a friend's place once, though it didn't stay gone. In that case, the friend isn't Christian at all, though she did understand the ideas, and I told her how it would work. Ah, well.

It's interesting that you mention being Catholic (lapsed or not). I have been watching the show, A Haunting, and noticed that, in a LOT Of cases, if the person is religious, they are Catholic. Seems most cases, the people are either Catholic or not religious at all. I wonder if that's significant or not. We often see patterns in the way such things manifest, but I have never seen much in the way of pattern study in regard to who is targeted, beyond some obvious things as ouija boards, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good telling of standard paranormal happenings. The stuff happens with some regularity... especially in certain places.

I've been through much the same events scattered over two very haunted properties and have had odd 'drop ins' throughout my life.

It's not much to get upset over, really, except for the nasty things that occasionally appear and the fact that we're somewhat helpless to fight them... physically anyway. Scaring kids is definitely bad behavior.

But it seems the whole "we're energy beings having a physical experience" might be close to the fact of the matter, but all the hooey about religion doesn't necessarily tie in.

Just think about this universe as a big jungle full of animals... just take away the critters' physical bodies and you might have a truer picture of things.

Anyway, interesting post... leaving was a fine idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join