It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inspired to share MY ghost story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
a reply to: Shamrock6

This would make a good episode of "A Haunting".

It would, wouldn't it?

OP, would you be interested in sharing your story on t.v.? I have had several different t.v. producers post on my paranormal thread to see if anyone would like to share their story. The contact info is in there somewhere... could take some digging to find it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Lol I'm honestly not sure. I wouldn't mind sharing my story with somebody but I wouldn't care to be on TV about it because of my line of work. I prefer anonymity over limelight

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Same here. My line of work makes me have to remain in the background.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'll dig through the 47 million pages (
)in your thread and see what I can find. Perhaps one of them would be okay doing the whole voice altering blacked out view thing. But my ugly mug will not be gracing your TV any time soon lol

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Thanks for that, was an enjoyable (and creepy) read

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You see, I read these things at stupid o'clock (here in the UK) and freak myself out.

Thanks for sharing. You might not have felt able to protect your child but at lease there were 2 spirits there that probably where.

I'll go try and sleep. I'm just glad we don't have a door bell.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So many "ghosts" stories reaching the front page here with absolutely NO audio or video. This is getting to be a trend at this point. People speak the truth and will never see the front page...but A good ghost story...true or not, and stars galore. All this time living there and you didn't consider recording it before telling your story to the INTERNET? The only place that you cannot tell the truth from lies or fakes, outside of a magic show at Las Vegas?

Either ATS is becoming weak, or people joining this site just believe (or want) to believe anything they hear, that is "out there"...doesn't make it real though. Bring proof people...not just imaginative stories! We all have a way to record, either audibly or visually these days. If I were being haunted, it would not be hard to find a medium to record it somehow, but time after time...these stupid stories and nothing to back them up.....save them for Halloween, or get a camera old timer.
edit on 21-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The house I grew up in and that my parents still live in is haunted. The doorbell ringing and knocking on the doors happens frequently. They have disconnected the doorbell before. Electricians can never explain it. When the doorbell is disconnected, the entities just take up to knocking more. They have even made the car horn go off and this was before car alarms.

My parents have also always had phone problems. I remember the radio and tv (the kind with knobs before remotes) coming on and changing. We have photos with very unusual activity. The house has been in our family 30 plus years. My husband did not ever believe in ghosts until one manifested in that house when he was alone. Speaking from experience of being a kid in a haunted house, it was mostly an annoyance but it seemed that the more I let some of the dark stuff bother me the more I had it harass me. You did the right thing moving. My mother is too attached to the house to let it go.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Also a good way to get attention. I'm sorry, but I have an imagination too and I create a story like this that is scary, will drawl you in and by throwing in a few variables that ostensibly really don't apply to the story (such as my baby was sick and coughing, and I decided to go on doen the hall to where the real action was.etc.). Without photos or audio or video AT LEAST, how can you try to get this person TV time? Anyone and ther mother could come up with an imaginary tale like this.This is what we always get, day after day, month after month, year after year, decade after decade.... The world is tired of "stories" and "postulations"....WE WANT PROOF, OR SAY NOTHING AT ALL!
edit on 21-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Ha! I did this to myself the other day. I was reading about Robert the cursed doll. Then my husband had to leave me in the house alone and I was so paranoid about Robert the doll.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'll dig through the 47 million pages (
)in your thread and see what I can find. Perhaps one of them would be okay doing the whole voice altering blacked out view thing. But my ugly mug will not be gracing your TV any time soon lol

Allow me to save you some time...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was going through my thread and came across this link for anyone who may be interested in having their story told on The Haunting t.v. show. I can't post a link because I was in "my posts only" which doesn't have a link at the top of the page.
This was back in 2012, but the information should be the same...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM quote reply

Originally posted by hauntingcasting
New A&E show “The Haunting” Casting Now!
Is your family being haunted?
Do you need help?
The creators of Paranormal State & Ghost Lab are looking for families like yours.
We are casting families who are being haunted by spirits, ghosts, or demons. If you have experienced visits from the unknown, and are open to having your encounters filmed, we can possibly help you gain understanding of the unexplainable.

If you:
• Are a family of at least four (4)
• Are living in a haunted house or other building
• Have some evidence (Video, Photos, EVPs, etc.)
• Are experiencing paranormal activity and would like some help
“The Haunting” may be able to help you. Please email us at haunting@gogoluckey.com with information on your family, the location, details of the paranormal experiences, and your contact information.
If you meet the above criteria for the show, we will contact you for further information.

“The Haunting”
Go Go Luckey Entertainment
12910 Culver Blvd Ste G
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 314-3900 x203
haunting@gogoluckey.com

*IMPORTANT NOTICE - IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING, DO NOT APPLY:

By making a submission, you acknowledge and agree that you are making a submission solely for purposes of being considered by Go Go Luckey Entertainment, Inc. and their respective affiliated or related entities (collectively "GGL Entities") to be a participant on a potential television series and will not receive any compensation or credit for making a submission. You understand that your submission is not confidential nor submitted in confidence or trust and no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created by making a submission. You understand that the GGL Entities are diversified companies who may possess or come to possess information similar or identical to information contained in your submission, and you agree that any such similarity or identity shall not give rise to any claim or entitlement, whether for compensation, credit or otherwise. By making a submission, you hereby release the GGL Entities and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and licensees from any and all claims relating to your email submission, including without limitation arising from the risk of misdirection or misdelivery of your email.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Also a good way to get attention. I'm sorry, but I have an imagination too and I create a story like this that is scary, will drawl you in and by throwing in a few variables that ostensibly really don't apply to the story (such as my baby was sick and coughing, and I decided to go on doen the hall to where the real action was.etc.). Without photos or audio or video AT LEAST, how can you try to get this person TV time? Anyone and ther mother could come up with an imaginary tale like this.This is what we always get, day after day, month after month, year after year, decade after decade.... The world is tired of "stories" and "postulations"....WE WANT PROOF, OR SAY NOTHING AT ALL!

Or... you could simply leave the thread! You are in the paranormal forum. If you need proof for paranormal experiences, you are going to be disappointed until you experience something for yourself. People like you could look right at a real picture of a ghost and then say it was photo-shopped... or hear an EVP recording and say it was someone in the room talking. There will never be PROOF for you!

People don't always go around with recorders or cameras in their pocket to capture a ghost/EVP to prove to the rest of the world that they have had an inexpiable experience. I've had them all my life. I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't believe me; I know they are real, and I don't need anyone else believing they did, or didn't happen.
I think anyone who has had a real experience feels the same way.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
So many "ghosts" stories reaching the front page here with absolutely NO audio or video. This is getting to be a trend at this point. People speak the truth and will never see the front page...but A good ghost story...true or not, and stars galore. All this time living there and you didn't consider recording it before telling your story to the INTERNET? The only place that you cannot tell the truth from lies or fakes, outside of a magic show at Las Vegas?

Either ATS is becoming weak, or people joining this site just believe (or want) to believe anything they hear, that is "out there"...doesn't make it real though. Bring proof people...not just imaginative stories! We all have a way to record, either audibly or visually these days. If I were being haunted, it would not be hard to find a medium to record it somehow, but time after time...these stupid stories and nothing to back them up.....save them for Halloween, or get a camera old timer.

I'm sorry that our first thoughts were not to gather evidence so that if this story were ever posted on an internet forum we would have proof to back it up. "All this time" spent living there amounted to about two months, almost 3. Amazingly though, you're the first person who's ever heard this story and given me the "pics or it didn't happen" response.

Hopefully you'll be haunted one day and you can show us all how it's done!

edit on 21-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: eta

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

sorry!! hopefully you still managed to get a decent sleep in! but thanks for stopping by

@ TinaBallerina - I had a friend in high school who had a similar story to yours (obviously it was years before mine happened) that I never gave much thought to when she told me about it. boy did I feel bad for not being more compassionate once my story happened lol. I chalked it up to teenage angst to try and make myself feel better (didn't work).

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

thanks for finding! I don't think I would qualify though. Not anymore at least. Not sure how the current residents would feel about us showing up out of the blue lol

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That's some pretty messed up #, it would of definitely made me leave that place.

I have my own little Ghost story from 9 years back.....

At the time I owned a small upholstery manufacturing business, we were taking on more orders than our workshop could handle and needed a bigger place. I went to visit one of our out workers who made curtains for us and she told me there was some space for rent in their building, the building was a big old 2 story chapel and there were 3 other small businesses already trading from there. The place was just around the corner, newly fitted out and had some useful people working out of other parts of the building so I thought I would give it a go.

The day of the move came and we didn't really know how we were going to arrange the new space so we just threw everything in the van, did a few trips and piled it up in the middle of the room, there was a lot of stuff, I guess it half filled the large room of about 1500sqft to around 7 feet in height. On top of the pile were some long thin strips of 2 inch thick foam, the one right on top of the pile was maybe 9 feet long and 2 feet wide, this strip was folded under itself with a quarter lying underneath and the remaining two thirds holding itself in position with the weight from above, as myself and the ex girlfriend sat looking at the big pile of stuff we had just moved thinking what a fine job we had done the folded piece of foam rose up at the folded end and laid itself down fully flat. Now, foam is an abrasive and sticks to other foam, there is no way this could of moved naturally. We both turned round and looked at each other as if to say DID YOU SEE THAT? We left shortly after.

Not long after that, I felt that I could see dark shapes moving around at the other end of the large room, there was no partition between our 1500sqft of space and the adjoining business, we would all just come and go as we pleased and there were no problems, the guy who was renting the rest of the room made sports wear for local football teams and the like, he had great long cutting tables that were probably 20 metres long so the end of the room was quite a long way off and not lit at night. This shadowy movement got to me after a while so I went up stairs to the guys office and asked him if there had been any strange occurrences as he had been in there for 15 odd years. He told me he would often be doing paperwork at night and things like mugs would levitate and move off of his desk! Now I'm worried...

The place had been newly painted before I moved in, the owner of the building had employed an ex Royal marine to do some painting over night at the weekend so the building would be ready for us to move in, apparently he never finished the work, never came to collect his money and said that he had seen something in the building and wouldn't be going back in there.

A few weeks passed with odd little thing happening, stuff moving around, noises in the distance, generally getting that creepy being watched feeling and I had to work late one night, Christmas was approaching and I had to get a lot done so I stayed late. I was sewing some cushions for a customers suite and kept getting that creepy feeling, the sewing machine was facing the wall so all I could see was painted breeze blocks, after a while I plucked up the courage to quickly spin around and have a look, I saw an image, maybe not with my eyes but it felt more like I had seen it with my mind but it was definitely there, what I had seen and can still see to this day was a gentleman in a long dark coat with a brimmed hat, kind of like a short top hat, he was dishevelled and old and at his side was a small black terrier type dog. Obviously this freaked me out and I left for home straight away.

I spoke to the guy on the top floor and told him what had happened, he told me that the corner of the building where the sewing machine was situated used to be where the bodies of the dead would be stored before they were brought into the chapel, apparently after the deceased had been before the mourners they would then be taken from the chapel to the burial ground. This freaked me even more.

I had always liked a drink but these events were getting more frequent and as Christmas was approaching the late night working was getting more frequent the only way I could stand to be in the place at night on my own was to take a few cans of lager and get a bit pissed, the Dutch courage helped a lot and got me through some long nights but all wasn't well and I knew it.

One night I went back down to the workshop after I had been home to eat my Tea with the ex girlfriend, she was getting freaked out as I was coming home late, pissed up and thought I was messing around with another girl! I wasn't, I would get a bit merry in the workshop and then once I had got a taste for it go and have a couple of pints at the nearest boozer in town before going home. On this particular night I had been back to the workshop, drank the 4 cans and went for a pint in town, after my little I had picked up a pizza and decided to walk home, on the way home I had to pass the workshop and thought # it I'll go in, eat the pizza there and then I won't be waking the GF because it was late.

I there sat in the middle of the room at my workbench with my back to the door, this door led to the front foyer and the only way out of the front of the building, the door had a hydraulic closer on it and the front of the building had UPVC double glazing, it was winter and all of the doors and windows were locked, as I sat there eating the pizza I started to get the creeped out something's watching me feeling so in my pissed up bravado I span around quickly and shouted "come on then, let's have a #ing look at you" The second the last word had spilled from my lips the door with the hydraulic closer quickly swung open by about 3 quarters and slowly closed itself, just like someone had responded to my taunt and had come to confront me. This really #ing freaked me but I slowly got out of my chair put on my jacket, got out my keys and calmly walked through the door into the foyer and let myself out of the front of the building. I got home and told the GF, she believed every word.

Strange things continued to happen, one night I left the GF at the workshop while I went across the road to do a quote for someone who had popped into the shop earlier in the day. I finished the quote in no more than 5 minutes and went back over to the workshop, there was the EX GF sitting on the front steps sobbing her heart out saying that she had been creeped out and as she left the building was followed by very load footsteps stamping after her, she never set foot in the place again.

Around 3 months after that I had to close the business down, we left the building, it was a real relief to me. I had though long and hard about going to see a local priest (I'm not religious) but never did in the end, I thought I was going mad, the ex and me split up and I went on the piss for an extended time, on one of these drinking sessions I bumped into a bloke from the local ghost hunting club, I told him to go and have a look at the place but I don't know if they ever did.

A florist has the place now and seems to be doing well, they've been in there a number of years and I always mean to go in when passing to ask if they have had any freaky goings on but I don't really want to worry them

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Nice, that gave me some goosebumps.

There was a time I wouldn't have believed it, but that was long ago. Its a good thing you left when you did.... If experience has taught me anything, its to get outta dodge when you're sharing some space with a dark entity

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Incredible share. Well written and enjoyable.
Hope they discuss this on ATS Radio or something in depth.

The part about the doorbell ringing over and over as a warning to you made a chill run right up my back.
The banging from inside the room and your child..my god. It's almost like the young one was sheltered from it by the benign spirits while your older son was being targeted specifically. Maybe a child's fear is like a demon's caviar or something, I don't know. I also cheer when I read that the person being haunted moves out asap, because that is obviously the most sane decision if you have the means to do it!
You should make a few probes through your employment and see if there have been any disturbances reported there or any more info about the house! Thanks for the Christmas ghost story!
S&F
edit on 12/25/2014 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gibraltarian

That's an awesome story!!

I don't know how you managed to stay there as long as you did.
It would have been great if you could have had a medium come in and communicate with whoever was haunting the place.
I wish the ghost hunters had checked it out too. I think they missed a great opportunity to capture some evidence!!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Interesting story! Having had a few "ghostly" encounters myself,I don't question those of others. Knocking, bells, etc., all fit into common occurrences, anyway. The kids being scared is a good reason to leave. That, or take serious action, an d that can be problematic at times. I don't know what you believe, and beliefs can affect the success, or not, of trying to get rid of such things. Even believing isn't always a guarantee.

A few questions.

1. When the older child was screaming, was the younger awake? If so, was the younger child too young perhaps to be frightened by some sorts of things?
2. Did the footprints you saw in the snow the one time look similar to your own? Did they continue into the backyard, or simply stop?
3. When your older child got outside the one time, was that unusual? I ask because I have known people whose kids would wander outside all the time, and who had to install key-only locks to stop them. Did you have any impression that time that anyone maybe lead the child outside? As a mom, I can understand how scary that would have been!

I lived in a place that was pretty creepy for a few months, some years back, but we moved because we needed more space, not because of the issues. Nothing as intense as what you encountered, but spooky nonetheless. Sounds like booted footsteps int he crawlspace attic whenever my husband was working nights. Odd noises (not wind or small critters) in the large heat vents. A basement my oldest wouldn't play in, because it creeped her out. Me, too, for that matter. A door to the basement with a latch hook that opened itself when I was alone in the house during the day. Hated the house on sight.

As for the gun, having one is cool, LEO or not.
Good protection.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join