It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dishwasher is perfect symbolism of modern day America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Holly Hannah is like saying Holy S**t, but more polite.

One fine evening, I get the dishwasher started
and in 20 minutes it starts PISSING water and foam in the middle of the kitchen

Well I'll tell you what I didn't do......I didn't panic, ok

I would have been really easy for me to panic, start foaming at the mouth, maybe even call 911-lol
BUT NO

I thought, if I unplug the machine, to try and stop it, I will end up with machine full of water and still dirty dishes which still need to be washed.

But if I let the machine continue, dishes will be clean, but I will have to contain the water.
So for the next 30 minutes I was scooping water with a towel and draining it into the sink.

In between the water collecting I had slices of Dr. Oatker thin crust pizza, which kinda helped a little.

It was in the middle me pretty much kneeling on the floor scooping water when I saw on the machine label USA GE, as in United States General Electric, in other words this dishwasher was made by American General Electric company which is actually pretty big and famous with long history.

It occurred to me in that moment while scooping that dirty water, that this dishwasher is perfect symbolism of modern day America.
Leaky, unreliable, immoral and down right insidious.

Living in Russia in 1991, my mother had a German (or was it swiss?) dishwasher machine made by Bosch company, you could have used any kind of detergent available to you in that machine.

But the machine made today by GE for example is DESIGNED TO LEAK if you use any kind of detergent other than special dishwasher detergent.

Do you see what I mean by "insidious" ?

I mean for Christ's sake, we didn't get that GE machine for free, we didn't get it as some damn Obama government program.

WE PAID FOR IT

So why is the product designed to turn your kitchen into an unkempt swimming pool.

I'll tell you why.

Because we have let ourselves be led by bunch of psychopaths in US government and US banks US businesses who infected entire western world with ideology of greed and absolute control.

The future is not coming, the future IS NOW, and it is leaky, foamy and dirty.
edit on 19-12-2014 by FutureWithoutFuture4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FutureWithoutFuture4
My dishwasher is perfect symbolism of modern day America.

What... big, fat, slow and wet?

Sorry couldn't resist....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FutureWithoutFuture4

how is your inability to follow basic instructions anyones fault but yours ?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

By what you stated in the beginning, "foamy water leaking on the floor," it seems evident to this old appliance repairman that you or somebody put dish detergent, intended for the washing of dishes in the sink into the dishwashing machine rather than the detergent intended for those machines. I say that because a proper amount of dishwasher detergent does not foam.

So I negate your observations, interesting as some of them are.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

because its dishwasher, not the Apollo Lander. You put in detergent, you put in dishes, you close it, then the dishes get cleaned.

What kind of instructions do you really need?

Companies love to sell appliance especially geared for a specific product. Then they produce the required product. Its not exactly stupid on the part of the business. But it absolutely is something Ralph Nader should be throwing a fit over.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

how is your inability to follow basic instructions anyones fault but yours ?

i think the op has a fair point that a machine from 2014 should be able to handle the same various fluids that a machine from 1991 can. why do you blame the op for american industry producing less competent product then what one could get from another country 2 decades ago?

since we are told our technology has improved in the last 20 years isnt it fair to expect our washing machines to also be an improvment over 20 year old machines

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm with OP as well.

Designing a dishwasher that fails when used with detergents other than the ones specified? Come on.

Next thing you know ford releases a vehicle where you have to buy ford brand gasoline- kicker being if you don't the engine seizes.

Intentional bad engineering in the name of profits.
Lets see how long I can go without buying a product from GE.... I think 'too big to fail' applies, here.

new topics

top topics

join