It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Christ AND Paul said God is within and Compassion is the fulfillment of God's Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
God being within

Christ:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:20-21

Paul:

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" - 1 Corinthians 3:16

"One God and Father of all who is above all and through all and in you all." - Ephesians 4:6

Compassion (putting yourself in other's shoes and loving them) is God's Law

Christ:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12

Paul:

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." - Galatians 5:14

"For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." - Romans 13:9-10

If Compassion (treating others as you would like to be treated, loving thy neighbor as thyself) is the one word/commandment that fulfills all of The Law and what The Prophets taught, then shouldn't Matthew 7:12 and Galatians 5:14 be more well known and quoted? There are some people who don't like Paul and say that Paul disagree with Jesus but these two verses are both in agreement and both say that this is God's Law.

Likewise, both Paul and Jesus talked about God being within (Paul: 1 Corinthians 3:16 and Ephesians 4:16, Jesus: Luke 17:20-21). While Jesus talked about "The Kingdom" and "The World", Paul talked about "The Spirit" and "The Flesh", so both of them are making the connecting between the "within" (Kingdom of God within you, spirit of God dwells within you) and "without" which is "the world" or "the flesh".

I just thought this was very interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Similarly James calls "loving your neighbour as yourself" the NOMON BASILIKON. This gets translated as "the royal law", but I think James is coining the phrase "the Kingdom's law".
Also where Paul talks about the Holy Spirit, James talks about "the Wisdom from above".
So they're all saying the same thing under differences of labelling.

edit on 19-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Good points...

I wonder though...

Is telling people things like that women are less then men being "loving"?

Or that people should not keep the company of sinners?

Even go so far as to say "don't even eat with them"?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Your answers can be found in Matt 13 . Paul also wrote about the same thing but called them wolves that secretly come into the group or rize from within . a reply to: Akragon

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Interestingly enough...

The tribe of Benjamin were also called the same thing...

get back to the Mat 13 tomorrow... gotta sleep

edit on 19-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Back then, that's the way people thought. I think Paul didn't want others to look down on him, but he also said this:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28

Jews who followed the old testament,
are one with the Greeks who didn't.

The slaves who were taken advantage of,
are one with the free who weren't.

The males who were considered superior,
are one with the females who weren't.

This is teaching people that even though there are some who claim superiority over others, in reality we are all equal. What does he mean by "in Christ Jesus"? It's not about circumcision (Jewish Law/Old Testament) it's about Faith which works through Love.

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." - Galatians 5:6

Christ has called us to freedom, not freedom to destroy, bite, and devour one another, but freedom to serve each other through love, for all of the law is fulfilled in one commandment "to love thy neighbor as thyself":

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another." - Galatians 5:13-15

edit on 19-12-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

There is also another small point that always makes me smile and that's the bit about not building altars to him of hewn stone etc. When you look at the vatican and see the wealth there as well as in most of the mosques etc there is a great deal of ignoring what god supposedly wanted and man delights in having, especially men in frocks.

The one thing that I do find with so many churchy/religious types is that rigid judgemental attitude to others who don't follow their narrow, sterile lifestyle. Compassion doesn't seem to be within their reasoning and worse their understanding and when they judge everyone first and merely turn their pious snouts up into the air, you know perfectly well compassion, which is a humane natural asset is easily killed off by the desert religions. Shame none of them actually practice what they preach or they are told to live by.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There are a lot of things that happen that ought not to .One bad apple doesn't have to spoil the whole bunch but it can sure turn you off from buying that bag . I think it comes down to being spiritually mature and helping others to grow .What parent hasn't wanted their kids to be more respectful more obedient . Some times parents will just have a bad apple and that is all there is to it . a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Guten Morgen- Love and Compassion; Compassion and Love.

And that same 'Consciousness' is in every Body/Vessel and each is Sacred, and because You have a Body, You too are Sacred. Notice that when dealing with "Demons" or malevolent E.T.s , what is it that they want? They want the 'Body' to act out their evil deeds, this is sometimes called "possession".

And each is 'The Creator' working their way from whence You came, The One Infinite Creator. Each WILL make it back, some sooner rather than later. Each will remember where it is they need to return, like a Salmon. Even those who are so staunchly against it (God, The One, The Tao, The Source.. and ALL the other names of the One Infinite Creator) will make it back.

••Fun Field Trip Idea/ Fun Experiment •• Go to the local Senior Center/Maternity Ward and see if You can see that same 'Spark' in both the aged/newly arrived...

namaste

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28

All religions point to unity - oneness, non duality.

Here and now is Gods presence, nothing can appear outside the present moment - all that appears appears within God. The light is here now. God sees the light. The light is neither male or female, bonded or free - it just is.

Ye are all one in this moment for there is only ever Presence. There seems to be a seeing and knowing aspect to this moment and there seems to be something appearing to be seen.
God is the father (the source) and Christ is the son (the appearance).
It is like God is sat all comfy in his favourite armchair in the dark watching the moving light on the screen - the moving light is not Jewish or Greek, male or female.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What a different world it would be, if Compassion was our Religion.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It`s pretty obvious that the new testament is an instruction manual for the meaning of life.unfortunately people try to read to much into it and over analyze it so they can`t see the forest for the trees.
The meaning of life is simple, to learn how to love others regardless of their flaws and mistakes, but more importantly it`s to learn how to love ourselves regardless of our flaws and mistakes.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What you say is true, that Paul simply re-states what Jesus taught, but God only dwells in those who believe that Jesus died for our sins. Without that initial faith, the law of compassion cannot be properly fulfilled...Paul taught that too. Only believers in Christ are the temples of God.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Your answers can be found in Matt 13 . Paul also wrote about the same thing but called them wolves that secretly come into the group or rize from within . a reply to: Akragon

As far as Mat 13 goes... It seems its not what Paul said...

Jesus gave a parable saying "Let both grow together until the harvest"... Which contradicts what Paul was teaching about not keeping company with sinners... In fact Jesus regularly kept the company of what most would consider the scum of society... So im not sure what you're getting at unless you're saying Paul was wrong in his teaching

Ironically... He also came up into the group from the inside as you said...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well we know by the NT that he hung around with the Corinthians and you would be hard pressed to consider them a virtuous group .They were talking about what could be considered the kingdom cults .We see a lot of them on the TV now a days taking advantage of un-taught un-learned and just plain ignorant people . That is why both Jesus and Paul warned us about them . a reply to: Akragon eta....Paul was not part of the group but was brought in .I believe it was Barnabas who reported to the others that Paul (at one time persecuted the Church ) was now preaching the same Gospel .

edit on 19-12-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)
eta ..the wheat and the tares is verse 24 onward but the first verses explains what happens within a group .
edit on 19-12-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Do you ever wonder why god created us capable of sinning?

I see that as a part of a new soul learning by making mistakes. The idea that we can be punished on earth for our mistakes and then be punished all over again by god when we die, begs the question does God have compassion towards us as we learn?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I personally believe that hell does not have to be eternal. If God will accept repentance in this life, why not in the next. Those who suffer in hell remain there, because they refuse to accept Jesus' payment for our sins. They can change their minds at any time, but rather than being motivated to repent from suffering, they turn it into hate and project it towards Christ.

I suppose that while in hell you have until the second death to make your final choice. I dont have scriptural evidence for that, it just seems to fit God's forgiving character.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is from my own experience: When I first encountered Jesus, I wasnt aware that I needed to ask for repentance. Even in my ignorance He had compassion upon me, and His presence revealed how loathsome my sins were. I fell on my face feeling like a mud puddle. I could even feel how bad I made others feel weather with my words or actions.
What I was shown at that time, was that the conviction I felt, wasnt because He rejected me or even wanted me to feel like that, it was a biproduct of His Holiness (for a lack of better term). His Holiness shines the light on your deepest darkest places. Seeing yourself like that is actually painful, horrible in fact. I was very young and very religious when it happened.
I am thinking that one reason people stay in Hell, is because they cant stand the weight of uglyness in their own soul. The reflection of themselves is probably more than they can stand so they make the choice to run from His light. Gods Holiness by nature can not be in the same place as depravity, perversion, self-righteousness-harming others in anyway, etc. While in the midst of going through that, I really felt Gods compassion, even for the sin/death thing I was living through.
That was over 30 yrs ago, and I confess, I am way less than perfect, so Im really not looking forward to going through it again, so I hope that one time was enough forever. I shared the experience if you want to read about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That is very interesting, thanks for sharing. So, you actually saw Jesus with your own eyes? I know only a few people who make such a claim. It must have been some experience.

Have you since believed that Jesus died for your sins? Have you been born again? If so, Im happy to call you my brother/sister in Christ.

I will look at the link later when I have more time.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I didnt "see" a physical shape of a person. But, my house was filled with a golden "glow" is the only way I can explain it. When this took place, I had not heard the term being born again. I began to pray and pester God about what happened, and one morning a stranger knocked on my door, and handed me some scriptures. He said that he had been woke up in the middle of the night by an angel and told to write down the scriptures, and on his way to work, he was told to drop them off at my house. The scriptures held the key to understanding that I had been "born again", but it took me a couple of years to figure it all out, as I was "testing" everything. I think my other thread will explain a lot more about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join