It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incompetence among us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am only 30 years young. I don't know if it's because I'm pretty type-a, borderline OCD, or simply just a raging (b word) but I can not believe the amount of incompetence in our society!!!!! !!

I have 3 children and run a business, so maybe my patience are thin. But I will give you a quick analysis of the two errands I had to run this evening that put me over the edge.

I went to pick up some 1-hour photos I had developed. My drive over there started with a person sleeping through a turn light, then leaving with just enough time for them to go through. Of course. Then I finally make it to the store and someone almost backed into me because I'm assuming he wanted a specific parking spot that was taken by a motorcycle that he didn't see.
I finally made it into the store and there were EIGHT people in line in front of me. I KID YOU NOT. EVERY SINGLE PERSON HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEIR TRANSACTION. The computer wouldn't read the order number. An order was lost. Part of an order was missing. A credit card was declined.
And the cashier looked like she was strung out, so that didn't help matters. FORTY FIVE ENTIRE MINUTES LATER, I finally got my order.

After this I decided to go to Dunkin Doughnuts because apparently I'm an emotional eater lol.
THEY WERE OUT OF DOUGHNUTS! I just wanted a single, delicious doughnut!

The other day I went to a wings place and guess what, out of wings! This kind of stuff happens on an almost daily basis. I live in Denver so I don't know if it's big city stuff, or if we are slowly turning into the movie Idiocracy. But I seriously can not handle it! I had to call tmobile 4 separate times yesterday due to them repeatedly making mistakes to a simple account change request. My credit card processing company I use decided to drop my account last week because they couldn't verify my tax info that has been the same for 7 years with no issue... they didn't let me know ahead of time, it just suddenly stopped working. And they haven't been able to fix the problem. I could go on and on and on...

I feel slightly better now. Sorry to let my negativity out onto whoever reads this. But my goodness! The day to day stuff is making me insane.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
happens to me every day man.
it is all around.

its ridiculous.

i went to arby's once. like the one time of year i as craving on of there sammies.
out of roast beef.
yup. they specialize in roast beef and theyre out.

not even 2 months ago my son was in mcdonalds drive through. he ordered 2 chicken sandwiches with nothing on them.
they wrapped 2 chicken patties for him. no bread. just the patty.

how can people be that stupid?
its very frustrating.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

mmmm doughnuts.

sounds like you having a bad time.

stuff happens then you die , that's what i always say.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Sounds like you could use some of your new state flower

Hope tomorrow is a better day for ya

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Oh my gosh! I always give my orders very specifically...

"Id like a # whatever with no pickle or onion and a dr pepper, small"

"Ok what size for your order"
omg

"What do you want to drink?"
Are you kidding me?!

Every time. And they always have pickle and onion on them.

The patty with no bun has happened to me too. And once, all buns, no patty lol

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh trust me. That is the only thing keeping me from totally going bananas. Maybe more would help!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

yup.
and 11 times out of 10 your bag is missing something.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

LOL - It's not incompetence.

It's the holidays and the universe advises 'patience'.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I feel slightly better now. Sorry to let my negativity out onto whoever reads this. But my goodness! The day to day stuff is making me insane.

Always better to vent than keep it in. Not negative to rant. Very positive. Keeping it in is how it builds up and makes us go Crazy!

I felt better just reading it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Right there with ya on T-Mobile...they are a communications company, yet they can't communicate! Their website was screwed up last week so I couldn't pay online. I set them up on electronic pay through our bank and sent the transfer to the T-Mobile e-pay in Ohio...showed paid in full on our checking account. Next day I am in the car, and my phone is dead.

Took four days to finally get our account straight! Of course the call centers are all Off-Shore in India someplace and it is very difficult to communicate with the people that handle COMMUNICATIONS!

IMO, Customer Service does not exists any longer.

I feel your pain!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't know nothing about getting a patty with no bun.

But I'll tell ya, I've been going to macca's lately at 3am in the morning for a grand angus and the service is just perfect. Never wait more than a minute and the burger is just the definition of quality, I wouldn't be able to make a better quality burger myself. But, I guess that's what you get when you pay them more than 8 dollars an hour.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
I went to pick up some 1-hour photos I had developed. My drive over there started with a person sleeping through a turn light, then leaving with just enough time for them to go through.

After this I decided to go to Dunkin Doughnuts because apparently I'm an emotional eater lol.
THEY WERE OUT OF DOUGHNUTS! I just wanted a single, delicious doughnut!

The other day I went to a wings place and guess what, out of wings! This kind of stuff happens on an almost daily basis.

I live in Denver so I don't know if it's big city stuff, or if we are slowly turning into the movie Idiocracy. But I seriously can not handle it!

Legal Marijuana sounds like it played a part in your day lol (joking).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Don't you love the holiday spirit......I was at the post office standing in line with a couple boxes, One of which needed 2 strips of packing tape on the top, to close the box properly. So I figure well maybe the postal clerk will be nice and let me use 2 SHORT STRIPS of her tape. Hell no. I'm still in line, not even up to the window yet, and she hollers at me "Sir, you're going to need to buy a roll of packing tape" and points to where the 3.95 rolls of tape are hanging. Wow she's really on the ball. So I go over and get a roll, and packed up the box. At this point I was so mad I think I used half the roll on that one box taking out my frustration, because just the mailing cost alone was setting me back a small fortune. So I finally get up to the window and ask her "Maam I don't suppose you ever just let customers use a piece or two of your tape?" She answered quickly "Oh no, we can't do that....they have cameras all over the place and if they see us do that we could lose our job". O Really...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I don't doubt that lady is told not to give you tape.
They sell tape and require you to tape the package, if it makes them money then they are going to have the employees push it.
Would suck to lose your job for being nice to the customer.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

you know alisha I understand all too well, thumbs up for you for pointing out something that I have also felt strongly about in a public forum. Let me join you in this rant.
It is easy to hold a big name high priced company accountable because they are being represented, but it is important to put the blame where it really lies. The individuals who maage and staff these operations. Seriously how on Earth can any manager allow their Donut based business to run out of their signature product which is built into their company name?? there is no way on Earth that manager should still have a job if it ever happened more than once under their supervision. But I will guarantee that asshole somehow is still running the same facility. It just so happens I love Donuts very very much, and probably would have become extremely agitated and vocal were I to encounter the same incident there as yourself.

Its as if "Just Barely Good Enough" is what our working society in general has decided to adopt at the workplace. A Lot of people in the highest volume businesses are just not giving any crap about the effort they put into the work that represents them as a worker. Yea I know it sucks working all day everyday at a thankless job where customers and co-workers alike may not respect anything or anyone. I have my own rant on here from a couple weeks ago that went into that really well. I did it for ten years, and I put all of my effort and all of my thought on making sure my work represents me in a good light as a worker much the same as I am sure alicia does in her business.

That for some reason is becoming scarce in the American workplace though. People are abandoning thoroughness and critical thinking, which they have no idea is actually making their job a lot worse.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

one has to wonder why you were unable / incapable of taping the box correctly before travelling to the post office , incompetance perchance ?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

ok this must be regional or something because when I send mail at the airport in my city, or even the outlying post office they just have rolls of tape sitting all over the place for people to use, and nobody has to pay extra for it. Then again I have only ever noticed the tape is priority or express mail tape. I suppose they offer it for the fact we are paying for whichever of those services, and if you are not using either than you cannot use that tape.

Yea come to mention it I dont think I see regular packing tape without a shipping designation on it.

I may have to agree with above poster and say, are you sure it is not considered incompetent to show up with a package to ship not yet sealed up??

Haha hey man we just picking on you its for fun not malicious. Just laugh with us ok. Your post office needs to take the stick out of it ass I suppose and just cough up a little bit of tape lol.
edit on 12/19/2014 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Its as if "Just Barely Good Enough" is what our working society in general has decided to adopt at the workplace.

I agree that is a prevalent attitude in the work place like people just go through the motions so they can punch out and go somewhere else.

ETA: Also, IMO, there are too many low paid, overworked and mistreated workers that get ground down to the point of having that attitude, even if they started out with higher standards.

If you find an honest, competent, and truly professional person in what ever profession, latch on to them like you were glued to them, esp. doctors, dentists and auto mechanics.

edit on 19-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

edit on 19-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Food service is mostly run by teenagers and many don't care if your order is correct or even if they get fired, they know another fast food place will hire them.
I haven't been able to eat fast food for years, it literally makes me nauseous to even smell it. The only "fast" hamburger I get is Steak & Shake. I ordered breakfast once at the local McD, 4 of the same thing, big breakfast, and one only had what was left over after they had filled the others. A small scoop of eggs, one pancake, a pathetically small hash brown and no sausage. I went back in to get it right and the teenager there said" You probably ate it , then come back for more". The manager, a guy about my age, obviously saw what was about to happen to this kid and came over, said "You need to go in the back", then took my order back, got me a new, full one and apologized for his employee being a dumbass. His word, not mine.

Don't get me started on stupid drivers. We'll be here all day.
edit on 19-12-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland Ceeker's rule of thumb for the holidays. Never go near malls, or big box stores from Thanksgiving to New Years Day. Avoid crowds completely. If you must go out to your favorite doughnut place go after the morning rush, but never near closing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join