It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop caught with 4 pounds of marijuana at home won’t be charged

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
if it is legitimate...

he would have to utilize the proper channel...been on the up and up- upfront?

why did he side step the proper channel, is that the new protocol?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
He merely forgot to turn it it.....?

Yup he just completely forgot about it when he picked it up out of his trunk and walked it into his house. It just slipped his mind at the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
that really is making a case for "us verses them"...4 pounds and they turn a blind eye.....what a bunch of crooks all of em

This is a problem. A big one. If you can generalize and make all cops bad because of a few bad ones, then why do you complain when the cops do it back?

Somebody needs to grow a brain and stop the cycle. Life isn't one big stereotype.

well perhaps if there were one set of rules for all it would be less of a problem

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
well if he was gonna steel it, he didn't think it through very well.
and i notice you didn't bother to post this.

from the op's source,

The incident happened on November 25, 2013, when Avila picked up a box containing the marijuana from a UPS store. He radioed a dispatcher to say he would file an incident report, but that never happened and the marijuana never found its way into the department evidence locker, a violation of police policy.

I think this is key here.

Also concerning the 3dozen police reports he never filed; If they were all drugs related, then I would say he's busted. But if they are all just random reports, it would actually support the idea that he simply forgot the evidence.

Could just be a lazy cop.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

every job i ever had has lazy people working there, and people that didn't follow rules. i'm sure no matter where you go, you'll find the same in just about all professions. including cops.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Only difference is that those "lazy people" had disciplinary,or repercussions..That Pot PIG got a free pass for his "laziness"....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Only difference is that those "lazy people" had disciplinary,or repercussions..That Pot PIG got a free pass for his "laziness"....

wrong, if you read this statement, which comes from the OP's source. you will see that a public defender said that, and not a District Attorney. you do know the difference don't you. the first one defends a person, that's the one who made this statement, the other prosecutes the alleged suspect.

The Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office, which has been investigating the case, said it is not inclined to file charges. The county’s chief public defender, Robin Lipetzky, told The Contra Costa Times the evidence is not strong enough to produce a conviction.

i can only assume that the cop couldn't afford his own lawyer, and he doesn't get help from the local union if they have one.
that is the only reason i can see a public defender making a statement on this case.

now this comes from the local paper a day later.

The Contra Costa District Attorney's Office remained tight-lipped Wednesday regarding a criminal investigation into a veteran Richmond K-9 police officer who is accused of having stored marijuana at his home.
Officer Joe Avila has been on paid administrative leave from the Richmond Police Department since September, when a search warrant was served at his house. The District Attorney's Office has not indicated whether charges will be filed, but police sources and Contra Costa County public defender Robin Lipetzky have indicated that it's unlikely that Avila will face charges.
Contra Costa DA mum on whether Richmond officer found with pot will face charges

also from the same article as above.

Deputy District Attorney Barry Grove would not comment when asked if his office plans to file charges against Avila. He did point to previous prosecutions of officers by his office as indicative that it is not reluctant to press charges against police.[/color]

so to me the case is still open and he may face charges no matter what the public defender or the cops say. the DA has the final say, and i have yet to find a statement from him.

i see two problems here one is people are quick to jump on the cop haters bandwagon until everything is said and done.
the other is when you use a propaganda rag from a country as a source that has a clear bias and tries to stir up decent in a country that they perceive as their enemy/ foe.

i'm willing to bet at the very least the cop will not be a cop much longer. i also stick by my post that this guy was just a lazy sh@@brid, that didn't like or want to do the job he was hired for in the way that procedures were step up.
edit on 21-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule
loved that movie
won't post the clip just a link
The only way to catch a doper, is when you yourself become a smoker

ah mr. lizzard want a hamburger.

i liked this one to.
same on this heres the link.
save the whales, but shoot the seals

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
And the fact there are different levels of justice really is the problem isn't it..its about accountability. There was no interest in charges..now that the public is aware and a bit of a stink they aren't ruling out charges..not because they have reviewed the eveidence but because they got caught sweeping it under the rug. Its bovine scatology.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join