It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 8 Marines Killed in Iraqs Anbar Province

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Eight U.S. Marines have been killed in two incidents in Iraq. The deaths in the volatile Anbar province equals the highest daily total of Marine deaths since a car bomb incident killed 8 in October. It is unclear if the deaths occurred in Fallujah or another area n the province. No further details were available relating to the incident because the Marines feel that its disclosure could put troops at risk.

story.news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Eight U.S. Marines were killed in two separate incidents in Iraq's restive Anbar province, the military said Monday, a day after American warplanes pounded Fallujah with missiles as insurgents battled coalition forces in the city.

The deaths equaled the highest number of Marines killed in a single day since a car bomb killed eight outside Fallujah on Oct. 30, which was the deadliest attack against the U.S. military in nearly six months.

It was unknown if the deaths Sunday were connected to the fighting in the volatile western Iraqi city of Fallujah. In a statement, the military said the seven Marines with the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force died while conducting "security and stabilization operations" in Anbar province, a vast region that comprises Fallujah and Ramadi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A resident of Fallujah said the fighting had started when the U.S. brought n personnel to help clear debits and begin reconstruction efforts. If true, there may be an active insurgent underground that has returned to the city or perhaps never left. In reality, if the Sunni�s really want a voice in the elections, they need to help put down the insurgency. If the chose to boycott, or make voting untenable in their areas by actively or passively helping, then they deserve the Shiite majority that will no doubt win.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Too bad they don't realize how great America is, and that they will never taste the delicious freedom with these kinds of acts.

mmmm......freedom.....

Either Shi'a or Sunni, I hope Iraq becomes an Islamic State like Iran. And I hope that Saudi Arabia becomes a Wahabi Islamic State soon, Insha'Allah.

The rest will be easy. Thank you America.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Either Shi'a or Sunni, I hope Iraq becomes an Islamic State like Iran. And I hope that Saudi Arabia becomes a Wahabi Islamic State soon, Insha'Allah.

And what exactly would you see as the benifit to a extremist Whabbi state other than an all out war in the middle east?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The goal is Khilafah. Whatever it takes to bring it back, must be done. One step at a time.

The Western countries brought it down, and divided all of it up, and hoped to have friendships with all of them to serve their own interests, and get rid of Allah (God), just like the liberals in America want to get rid of Allah (God) from everything. Christians know what it's like. That's why people like Falwell are going crazy.

Well, the goal is topple every single one of these corrupt governments, establish a single Islamic state, and follow the rules of God, which are perfect and peaceful. There will be no cut off of relations with the west. Trading and everything will continue. No one wants to take over America. America can be a Christian or secular country, it is not a problem.

But until these corrupt regimes are finished, there is no peace. Until oppression is defeated, there is no peace.

That's the goal.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Well, the goal is topple every single one of these corrupt governments, establish a single Islamic state, and follow the rules of God, which are perfect and peaceful. There will be no cut off of relations with the west.

You really belive that the Jihad will stop and stay in the middle east? I doubt that highly my friend.

My case in point is the 13th century and an obscure cleric by the name of Ibn Taymiyah. Taymiyah felt that Islam needed purification at any cost: quote: �Death of the martyrs for the unification people in the cause of god and his word is the happiest, best, easiest, and most virtuous of death�

This is the basis of Whabbism and is also the mantra of behaps the even more radical and certainly more violent Muslim Brotherhood. Following the radical propaganda that is preached at the Madrasahs or religious schools, is is nieve to think that they will contain themselves to the middle east, as global terrorism has shown, or suddenly have the desire to peacfully co-exist with the West.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Well, the goal is topple every single one of these corrupt governments, establish a single Islamic state, and follow the rules of God, which are perfect and peaceful. There will be no cut off of relations with the west.

You really belive that the Jihad will stop and stay in the middle east? I doubt that highly my friend.

My case in point is the 13th century and an obscure cleric by the name of Ibn Taymiyah. Taymiyah felt that Islam needed purification at any cost: quote: �Death of the martyrs for the unification people in the cause of god and his word is the happiest, best, easiest, and most virtuous of death�

This is the basis of Whabbism and is also the mantra of behaps the even more radical and certainly more violent Muslim Brotherhood. Following the radical propaganda that is preached at the Madrasahs or religious schools, is is nieve to think that they will contain themselves to the middle east, as global terrorism has shown, or suddenly have the desire to peacfully co-exist with the West.

The Khilafah before World War I existed fine with the West. The problem came when they entered World War I and the Brits worked to break it up, and hoped to gain control of a big part of the land.

You don't know what Jihad is, if you think it is a fight of aggression. Some people may say that, but the majority know that is not the truth. Jihad (when not referring to a personal struggle) means fighting the oppressors. I read the Qur'an everyday, and I know this clearly, Alhamdulillah.

Now, read some of Osama's interviews...even he (allegedly the most extreme) says that he does not have a problem with America. His problem is with the governments of the Arab world. But he cannot defeat them, because the US is helping them stay afloat for selfish reasons. So the only way to stop the Arab governments is to break the US economy, so they no longer can afford to help these governments, then take those governments down.

I guarantee you 100% on everything. I swear to you, that if America was not on the Arabian peninsulsa with it Armed Forces, and was not propping up regimes like the Saudis, and supporting Israel unconditionally, that 9/11 would have never happened.

Osama said that the previous attacks before 9/11 were to show that they were serious. In 1998, he said that America has seen what they can do, but decided not to change it's policies, so they will learn soon. He was ignored. The corruption continued. Then, 9/11. However, Osama has never claimed responsibility for 9/11. The US has put it on him, and maybe he did or did not do it.

Even though it seems suspicious to me, I'll just go with the idea that he did do it. In response to 9/11, Afghanistan is taken down, and installed as President: Former UNOCAL rep Karzai. Give me a break, this dumb thug has no right to be President.

Now you got the Baath party Apostate, Allawi in Iraq. Another one.

When you take down that loser Assad, who will you replace him with? A member of OPEC? Clinton? Ashcroft? A Syrian halliburton rep?

All I'm saying is, if the US wants peace, it has to stop getting more entangled. But since that will never happen, "terror" will never stop, until the last Hour.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

You don't know what Jihad is, if you think it is a fight of aggression. Some people may say that, but the majority know that is not the truth.

The traditional use of the term may or may not be congruent with the beliefs of the radical groups. For better or for worse, most people have no assosiated the term with extreemist islamic groups and they have perpetuated it by using the term liberaly in thier own propaganda.

That being said, the Quran does lead itself to a radical interpretation by these groups:

The Noble Qur'an 2:190-193
191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Har�m (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

The Noble Qur'an 8:72-74
73. And those who disbelieve are allies to one another, (and) if you (Muslims of the whole world collectively) do not do so (i.e. become allies, as one united block with one Khalifah - chief Muslim ruler for the whole Muslim world to make victorious All�h's Religion of Isl�mic Monotheism), there will be Fitnah (wars, battles, polytheism, etc.) and oppression on earth, and a great mischief and corruption (appearance of polytheism).

Abu Dawood 2493, Narrated Abu Malik al-Ash'ari
AbuMalik heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: He who goes forth in Allah's path and dies or is killed is a martyr, or has his neck broken through being thrown by his horse or by his camel, or is stung by a poisonous creature, or dies on his bed by any kind of death Allah wishes is a martyr and will go to Paradise.

www.muttaqun.com...

These are but a few of many. In regards to Assad. the Alwhatie 9sp) tribe is firmly entrenched and would be difficult to dislodge.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You can't just take certain verses and take the meaning from there. You need to read the whole Surah, and get a decent Tafsir before you draw conclusions of the meaning of one verse. There are people who hate Islam, and will say anything to destroy it. But being 1.5 billion strong, and having more practicing Muslims, then there are practicing Christians (as opposed to people who just call themselves a (whatever)), we are not going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
yes I agree and it illustrates the point I was trying to make. Passages also seem to be taken out of context by the more radical elements as well. It goes both ways. Just as Western media and the public in geneneral have misconceptions and mis-interpretations of the Quran and Islam in general, these perceptions are reinforced by the radical and incosistent interpretations of the holy book by the radical elements.

Quite simply this is going to degenerate between a us or them type of conflict with the western world opposed to the growing radicalism. While it may sound clihed we seem on the cusp of a 21st century Crusades.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   

yes I agree and it illustrates the point I was trying to make. Passages also seem to be taken out of context by the more radical elements as well. It goes both ways. Just as Western media and the public in geneneral have misconceptions and mis-interpretations of the Quran and Islam in general, these perceptions are reinforced by the radical and incosistent interpretations of the holy book by the radical elements.

Quite simply this is going to degenerate between a us or them type of conflict with the western world opposed to the growing radicalism. While it may sound clihed we seem on the cusp of a 21st century Crusades.

It shouldn't have to be this way, but I'm afraid you're right. And I'm sure you already know this, but for those who don't: Radicalism doesn't arise out of nothing. There is a reason why the message resonates. And just for some more context:

Sahih Al-Bukhari (Sahih are the most authentic Hadith)
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

It shouldn't have to be this way, but I'm afraid you're right. And I'm sure you already know this, but for those who don't:

I agree, but as long as thier is a demand for the oil, Im afraid we are heading to a global conflict that will cost millions upon millions of lives.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I agree, but as long as thier is a demand for the oil, Im afraid we are heading to a global conflict that will cost millions upon millions of lives.

Of course.

"Chasing our oil like cheetahs..." - Soldiers of Allah (Subuhanu Wa T'ala)

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Unfortunatelly for Osama and Islam as a whole israel is an issue the average American will not compromise on. I am not a christian, as a matter of a fact I respect the ideas of Islam greatly. That would still not change my or many other Americans to renounce our citizenship if we had to fight any invasion of Israel to the death. That being said do you really want several million american guerrillas to descend on your nations and bomb your buildings and kill your civilians because that is what you will get.
I acknowledge Israel is a sticking point, it is a region so steeped in history how could it not be? However those who think that by posturing and attacking Israel and her allies will get them what they want are sadly mistaken. Personally I think the whole area needs to become a demilitarized zone that all are free to visit and worship in. However I would under no circumstances accept giving it to the extremists because they are threatening our homes and families. THe jews have a right to be there, a right they paid for in blood.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
We're going to have to disagree. And you can pledge whatever you want, you will never have peace. Come and invade the whole Mideast...you are already running out of troops. Your generals are crying about the shortage, saying that they just sent in the last spare rotation of troops to up the number to 150,000. You have no more troops. Now the Mideast is their graveyard.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
All I can say is that you are dangerously misguided.
Forcing your god onto people is not only stupid, it is totally counter-producive. People need the choice to worship - it is the fundamental basic of mankind.
Put in place a society run on religion and you destroy choice. You then destroy your god.

top topics

join