It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Sony Emails Say State Department Blessed Kim Jong-Un Assassination in ‘The Interview’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
e xclusive-sony-emails-allege-u-s-govt-official-ok-d-controversial-ending-to-the-interview

The claim that the State Department played an active role in the decision to include the film’s gruesome death scene is likely to cause fury in Pyongyang. Emails between the Sony Entertainment CEO and a security consultant even appear to suggest the U.S. government may support the notion that The Interview would be useful propaganda against the North Korean regime.

This is the first non animated film where a sitting leader has been depicted as being killed. I guess the debate over if the gov. censors free speech and films will happen because many fail to see the end result happening all around us. Why would they choose now to let such things be on the big screen. I believe the thought that we are caving in to terriost by not showing the film is false because the film crossed lines and some can take that as a first shot by us.

Here also is the most recent response by the gov. denying the claim that they have any such say in hollywood

the-interview-state-department-blessing

eta my claim of this being the first film to do this was shown incorrect but this film imo has made great efforts to be more than just average satire. Also Most of the depictions of deaths of leaders have foreshadowed the leaders deaths. ex. saddam ubl un's daddy
That does not mean much to what we call sane folks but we are talking of a leader that is unlike any other.
edit on 18-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

This is the first non animated film where a sitting leader has been depicted as being killed.

Oh really?

Death of a President.

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept mockumentary political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No Spoiler Alert!? I was looking forward to seeing how they killed that turd darn it! Thank you very much!

edit on 12/18/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Not quite the same but 2 films come to mind.

King Ralph in which the queen of england dies and is replaced by Dan from Rosanne.

The pope must die.

Very diffrenent I admit but I do not remember such a fuss caused over satire.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Also as people have pointed out (pretty sure to the op in another thread) The timeless cinematic masterpiece; Hot Shots

Nothing new here at all. Expect dear leaders tantrum.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ok good job i was wrong over the death of leaders in films. Now most of them are dead now except the queen but she has everyone going around saying God Save the Queen. I guess that is why.lol

How about the state departments role in giving the ok in this.

If we look at the examples you all provide not only are the leaders now dead but their deaths have cost the u.s. many lives in the process. One can still have the view that depicting such in films has never ended well and it does show a view that we are crossing lines that lead to death.

On top of that the actor in interviews with john stewert came right out and said his goal was to make the movie as close to reality as possible and still be funny and he agreed his actions inflamed a country to the point that not only would he never visit nk but he would never go back to sk because of fear for his life. That shows clearly that his intentions were too cause trouble and it looks like the state dept. went along.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: deadeyedick

This is the first non animated film where a sitting leader has been depicted as being killed.

Oh really?

Death of a President.

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept mockumentary political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

So now you are making the claim that bush was a leader?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The movie JFK ?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hahahaha! Are we saying lil kim is a leader too?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The movie JFK ?

I think OP was talking specifically heads of state being killed on film while still in power.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's not even counting all the old WW2 era black and white movies that depicted the death of Hitler, Stalin and Hirohito.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick." - Hilary Clinton on Death To A President.

I'd like to hear her thoughts on The Interview as well.
edit on 18-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This is NOT true. Lot's of examples exist like this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot

Hahahaha! Are we saying lil kim is a leader too?

No i guess we are realizing that the whole world is being duped over and over.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

yes i edited the op to reflect my mistake but in all the examples provided it is true that the leaders do not live long after their death is on film unless it is in britan or u.s.

Just look at all the death that took place after that film. Do you think that possibly when he was gassing his own peeps he was venting anger over the world laughing at him? It just does not seem wise to me that the state department would allow hollywood to push the buttons of a percieved mad man.

Clearly looking back now it was a bad choice. I mean it would be one thing to deal with the whole nk issue but to sit back and allow pot shots at a man in charge like this is wreckless.

How would you feel if your death was acted out on film then worshiped by millions?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How would you feel if your death was acted out on film then worshiped by millions?

Wouldn't feel anything.

I'm DEAD.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think once you step into the public spotlight you just have to accept that you are making yourself subject to nearly all forms of ridicule and whatnot. I don't expect megalomaniacs to be capable of that, but still.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't call the death scene gruesome. It's on Youtube I think...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
That's not even counting all the old WW2 era black and white movies that depicted the death of Hitler, Stalin and Hirohito.

That kinda touches on the question of what came first the propaganda or the continued slaughtered of millions and millions.

At the least i think it is safe to say that it does not help relations with others when we laugh at them.

i think the goal should be to build bridges not burn them.

That should be the goal of the state dept. when making these types of decisions.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Wouldn't feel anything.

I'm DEAD.

I am sorry to hear that.
Would you like to be resurrected any time soon?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join