It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

IRS Warns Of Possible Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
Another tactic to get what they want, if they threaten that peoples tax returns will be late then people will get upset.

I am not one who gets every penny back on my taxes paid in along with nice chunk you didn't pay in through tax credits.

They will sure have enough people on duty though to make sure everything thats owed to them is collected.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM

Koskinen says there is no more fat to cut at the IRS.

Time to break out the bone saws, I guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
a reply to: IAMTAT

Here's an interesting question that anyone who wishes to do the research can answer... How can a "wholly owned" agency of the government as we are led (read lied) to believe, behave as if it is an autonomous entity and threaten shutdown if its budget is cut? Unless the IRS is an autonomous (private corporate) entity owned by something other than the government.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
a reply to: bobs_uruncle the Federal Reserve?

Pfft they can keep my refund if the whole protection racket was eliminated. 9/11 probed that they are not very good at it in the first place and the TSA feeling up grandmothers doesn't do anything to restore the idea that they can protect anything.

Heck, I bet there would be no cries for an increase in minimum wage if people were paid a full wage in the first place.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM

originally posted by: macman

Wait.......the IRS is threatening to shutdown???????

Seriously??? Will they actually shutdown?? Is this a promise?

I double dog dare them. Actually, pretty pretty please IRS...shutdown.

Haha you beat me to it

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM

The IRS eats up $29 million dollars per day just to operate??? I'd say THAT is a big part of the problem, right there. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He said a one-day closure would save an estimated $29 million.

Imagine what we would save doing the same on the other 364 days then???

365x29 million = 10,585,000,000

Wow, now that's saving some money!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:20 PM
So let's think about this a sec. What if the IRS shut it's doors and never reopened them, yet we still pay taxes as we do today? How bad would that actually be for both sides. The government would still be getting their money and the people that understand how to work the tax system will be keeping theirs. Then it's up to the other tax payers to learn more about the system and how to beat it. Of course there will still be sales tax and other various taxes for the government to make their money that the people can't get their money back so that is pure profit for the government.

By the IRS closing their doors is only takes away the checks and balances that the government depends on so they don't feel they got screwed out of any tax dollars that they think is theirs.

On the other hand, it takes away the checks and balances for those that don't understand the system and lose out on their tax refund for paying the government too much money.

So, all in all, is the IRS closing their doors such a bad thing? Guess it depends on the type of tax person you are, the one that understand how to break even every year, or the one who depends on that fat tax check back from the government that you think is so grand yet, you don't understand how much interest you lost on your investment by letting the government hold those funds for you. And not to mention, the true amount you paid versus what you actually get back.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:29 PM

IRS Warns Of Possible Shutdown

I support the 100% dismantlement of the IRS. Those people shouldn't be examining our incomes... they should examining the data for asteroids threats! Wernher von Braun warned us!

The process of taxation is nearly automated anyway... a computer writes a letter, the printer prints it out, the folding machine folds it up... the letter stuffing machine takes the letter and puts in the envelope, The envelope is sealed by a machine and stacked into a bin for the outgoing mail.

Never touched by a human hand...

The skill sets in the workforce of the IRS are ideally suitable to searching for asteroid threats from data accumulated by NASA, ESA and RSA.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:32 PM
As part of the scheme to dismantle the IRS and re-purpose it's skilled workforce, 100% tax amnesty for individuals effective December 24, 2015 and... they will have to change their name to something like... Asteroid Search Service...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM

How to most amusingly characterizing this without offending any of the acolytes of "work within the system" out there getting flustered?

A tantrum?
A 'protection racket' demanding their cut?
Another puppet of global banking making threats?

...or shall we bathe in the uncertainty of political flavoring..., and are we not often witnesses to such "threats"?

Check it..., it is called "your income" and partly whisked away to the magical land of "anything but 'yours' bucko".... and in this virtual never-land the money you never got binds you to their demands. You see these IRS folks are the magical fairy-folk who can "wave their wands" and either return your money (and you best be grateful) or complicate your life for the profiteering of their contractors.

This transactional yoke placed on your money is now more important than you are. Sorry America.. you don't have currency... you only have "notes" that belong to a bank... and the IRS folks work for THAT bank... not you (just because your politicians put them there doesn't mean squat.)

Will their be riots if the money is dibbled out over time? Who might get theirs first? How will this "failure to compromise" COST us money... it's coming you know... how the IRS is too big to fail.

I welcome any policy makers to opine.... just along as they understand that these are people we are discussing ... and "the system" is a thing not a holy relic. It is a construct that can (and arguably has) outlived it's reason for existing. Until WE control the monetary policy in this nation we can never be said to be free.

It is high time that the agreements we have with these banks be openly scrutinized... especially since the IRS is their metaphorical iron fist wrapped in a silky wad of dollars. The disposition of property is at stake here... and the only reason they have the power to hold tax-payers hostage is because we actually believe them they say it's all under control...

Politics..., what are you gonna do?

edit on 19-12-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

lol good...just let them shut down and stay that way...then they will whine some more when no one cares...but they do have access to those billions of rounds of ammunition the gov bought.. :/

you know..there is no better feeling than leaving a sinking ship
except when the cause of the ships gravity is a black hole.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
a reply to: IAMTAT If the IRS shuts down for a single day, it is no big deal. But I do not believe a federal agency can decide on its own to shut down and go home. Seems like they are just sulking and and having a temper tantrum like a baby would do. I do not believe a federal agency can shut down on its own. I know the president can shut down parts of the government or fire whom ever he pleases. Remember what President Regan did with the air traffic controllers.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:26 AM
Lets just abolish the IRS and the scam that is income tax. Lets get rid of property tax too!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
Several political people have wanted to get rid of the IRS, unfortunately they just wouldn't get elected. It seems to me that the IRS is the Bank now of the government. Corporations broker loans through it. It also funds 99.9 % of waste and BS our leaders spend.

Get rid of it. I would say the money that is saved from these idiots could fund our schools and health care through vouchers. Remember that "Taxation without representation" is what we fought a war over... "No taxes shall be levied upon the people without vote.

Regulations by our Government tax us more than the laws describing what we actually have to pay... And who makes those? lol Hackers have the wrong ideas, they could be heroes.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM

If I were to get $10,000 back on my tax return. I would gladly let the IRS keep it all, if they would just buy a passport out of our country for good. I mean, all they do is steal from us anyway. That 10,000 would pay itself off in a couple of years, if they were gone. Money well spent!

If they do leave however, we had better worry...because that means that they have sucked the host dry and the economy is officially finished. They would NEVER leave as long as there is money to steal.
edit on 19-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
Ok so do a flat tax and we save the whole IRS budjet. I get an earned income credit every year and really don't care if I lose it.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
So if the IRS promises to shutdown and not pay out, everyone required to pay has the same right to not pay them? All you need is multimillions in gross funds to have a reason to not pay taxes. If I owed money to a company that no longer exists or does their job, I surely will not pay them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>