It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all the gender generalisations/division threads these days on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax
Haha! Yep, my night time social gatherings are quite tribal...I'm pleased to say

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well that is the problem...we aren't all created equal...sure it feels good to say it and might win you a round of applause on the Oprah show but we are all different. I wish I was better at math....but Im advanced in music. I wish I had better endurance than some people I have ran with. We aren't equal....at all.

In terms of rights...sure we should have the same privileges but the world is so F ed up that we will never have equal rights.

And if you have had a bad experience with a certain group of people I think its only common sense to ignore that group. I find most people are needy, whiny, and take way more from me than I require of them. So for me...I prefer solitude. Works out great...I don't like most people and most people don't have to encounter me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
Of course we're not born equal, that's obvious, but basic and equal human rights between genders/races/etc are a given as far as I see it.
A bad experience with a member of one gender does not equal that the gender all share the same trait though.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Blame Tumblr. And Twitter.

They started it. It's bleeding through the rest of the internet.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When you make a thread that have spin off complains threads about people complaining you know you did a good job

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The whole gender,racism, etc thing is so childish I don`t even read those threads.
and no I didn`t read this one either, I saw the title and made this post

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Agreed.
'Social media' seems to have dumbed down the interwebs a bit in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What gets to me is that these people do not seem to be able to make up their own minds, and draw upon their own experiences ..... Somebody else has to think for them, and then they will jump upon the bandwagon, without thinking for themselves.

What does it matter what color, sex, sexual preferences, etc, etc, etc a person are? If a black person/muslim/feminist/gay does something bad, lots of people immediately scream and shout and put the whole group into the same setting, instead of looking at the individual. We generealize, and that is the bad thing. Not all feminists/muslims/straights/christians/conservatives/liberals are bad, just a very small percentage of them, yet, when a person does something bad, we tend to group everybody of the same race/sex/political party/religion under the same umbrella, rather looking at the individual.

edit on 18/12/2014 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
That is true!
I'm happy for my thread to massage the ego's of the member comments which inspired me to create this.
...it's interesting interaction on a quiet Thursday eve though.

a reply to: Tardacus
Haha, I agree, it is lame, and my considerations of lameness inspired this rant

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I look at each person as an individual...with their own beliefs; character qualities and actions in life.

I cannot control another persons actions and behavior; I can only control my reaction to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604
Excellent post.
Your comments pretty much sum up how I see things, cheers for contributing here.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well the media shows half naked woman all the time. Tries very hard to convince people that Sex is the best thing in this world. Worth as much money as you are willing to part to get it, and is the backbone of peoples purpose in life.

I honestly don't care for the Othersex or sex in general.

I have seen E.T and that has filled a void that a woman can never fill. I have been filled with purpose. And so i don't require a partner to give me purpose.

For my purpose is another destiny. A spiritual and scientific one.
But don't take my way of life as a role-model. If you don't have that void filled then do what you must to fill it.

But what is true in my life is the absolute certainty knowing that God is out there, That is enough to fill it and then some.
The universe has much to be explored.
My mind is beyond the simple reproductive cyclical thoughts as i am pretty much ready to leave the flesh and blood behind and reach towards infinity.

edit on 18-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea
Same for me, it is why I feel frustration with all the divisive threads I am seeing on ATS lately.

...loving your eye avatar by the way, my eyes are blue. I greyscaled/blurred my pic though as it is my actual eye but after a festival and some pink face painting going on which I didn't want to show on ATS lol

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
I'm happy if you are happy.
...sex is actually my favourite activity with another human though, I never found faith quite as satisfying during my adventure into adulthood.
Again though, I'm happy for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The problem is that we, humans, are too lazy to think for ourselves. It is much easier to let somebody else, a more charismatic person, think for us, then we can just sit back, follow that person, and when we are wrong, we can always blame that person....

We want to be sheeple, it is too difficult to think for ourselves, and base our learning on experience. so if an 'esteemed leader' says a specific group is bad, we say the same, without thinking about it.

I see so many parents discouraging their kids from asking "Why?", and I think that is such a huge failure. Instead of teaching our kids to have enquiring minds, to question everything, we teach them to accept everything their 'superior teachers' say, instead of thinking for themselves. Only if you are able to think for yourself, will you be able to question generalizations.

edit on 18/12/2014 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It is always nice to feel protected and 'off-duty', but I don't personally recognise your claims that 'we want to be sheeple'.
Maybe some folk of course, but not all. Some of us like working in a mutually consensual agreement situation, such as myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

dont lose too much sleep on my ego

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
I did actually laugh out loud then, nice one!
Funny pic...not at all representative of me though I'm pleased to say

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't think 'n am a sheeple myself, but I don't know how to put it without generalizing. Only by putting myself under the grouping of being a sheeple, can I have some empathy with the sheeple without putting them into a group. Not sure I make any sense at all, but that way, I can empathize with every group, and try to think in their way.

I can empathize with different groups, by getting into their mindset, so I can understand a bit of the anti-feminist/anti-gay/anti-christian/anti-everything threads, but on the other hand I can also put myself into the mindset of the pro-groups.

Only by understanding the fears of the different groups can we try to understand all the hatred... Sometimes it is scary, but most of the time, they just want to follow their 'fearless leaders'. Not taking responsibility for their own actions, own thoughts, own emotions. I guess we evolved that way. It is called "social evolution", whether it applies to humans, apes, dogs, or any other animal.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Too many people see the group they identify with over individual human lives.
I would agree with you there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join