It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all the gender generalisations/division threads these days on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Feminism this, mysogyny that, stereotypes abound in loads of threads right now, and that's all they are, stereotypes.
I know women who are gold digging witches, I know women who are absolutely lovely, I know men who are pricks to women, I know men who have been treated badly by prick women. Sheesh folks, there is no umbrella label for men or women, we are all different good and bad.

So you had a bad experience with an ex, get over it and stop being so lame as to claim your experiences apply to whichever gender group the ex is a member of.
So you shout for equality? Can anyone suggest a single piece of legislation required in my country (the UK) which is needed to create an equal playing field for all genders? I can't see any discrimination these days in our laws so what is the moaning about?
I also struggle to understand what the blokes whinging about feminism have to moan about. Of course rabid extremist feminists are annoying, but so is any extremist group, just ignore them. How does it affect the average man, and how does an extremist feminist represent the average woman? They don't.

...and as far as 'men on strike' or 'sexodus' claims go, I say excellent. It means less competition for me and I frankly couldn't give a toss if there are millions of socially inept men hiding in basements playing World of Warcraft because they fear dominant women. You walk your own path in life and have only yourself to blame with your lack of success in attracting people from an entire gender.
Lame.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ain't that what your doing now ?
Just saying !

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Don't know but to me there should be equality among genders, among everybody. Sure as a guy I've run into rude women, but I didn't let them sour my view on every woman on the planet.

I honestly feel bad for guys who hate one women because of personal experiences. Same with women who do the same. Painting a broad brush and labeling all women as shallow or all men as pigs doesn't help anyone. I've met feminists who I got along with, also met some "annoying" ones. There's good and bad in everything, race, sex, creed,etc.

Umbrella terms cheat people, if you judge everyone in the same light, you won't know what you could've encountered, that could enrich your life and challenge your very being (in positive ways in the end).

link   
It's the same as racism threads.

Any perceived sleight or attack on ones identity (white/black male/female Dem/Rep)

These threads are quick to have those come to defend their views.

link   
Bit ironic really , you have won the ( give yourself a double facepalm ) award .

link   
a reply to: Denoli
Nope, I'm saying that there is good and bad in all genders and stereotypes are lame, did I not make myself clear enough? I apologise

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Look at the links in the OPs. It's the same thing with the recent obsession with race. Right wing media is brainwashing the conservative masses into believing that they're victims.

Men are under attack from feminists! Whites are under attack from the anti-white agenda! Fundamentalists are under attack from gays!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh please both parties mess this planet up, it's not just the right. Different wings, same bird (and it's a hungry vulture).

link   
Class what did we learn?

*raises hand* 'I know... I know..... women are scary.'

That would be the correct answer.

(u get a star.) lol.
edit on 18-12-2014 by whatisurproblem because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Denoli
How so? I'm promoting equality and the abandonment of gender oriented stereotypes.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Oh please both parties mess this planet up, it's not just the right. Different wings, same bird (and it's a hungry vulture).

If that's the case, where are all the threads about the evils of misogyny?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well I won't lie, I agree with a lot of things you said but not every guy who isn't successful with women are basement dwellers, some are just awkward for various reasons. I'm sure you didn't mean it, you were probably just using it as an example for the post (which is in Rant so I'm not holding anything against you).

But I can imagine there's plenty of alpha males on WOW who are successful with women.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Political parties. Not men and women, I meant conservatives, liberals, etc. Both have oppressed people and they work together to maintain the image of separate teams while benefiting eachother.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Agreed

a reply to: corvuscorrax
Silly tribalism to mask ones own insecurities is how I see it.

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Fundamentalists are under attack from gays!

That made me chuckle!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
True, I apologise in public for my own shameless generalisation of WoW players.
That is worth a facepalm for sure! ...again apologies to WoW players, I retract my generalisation/stereotype basement dwelling comments.

*Edit*
...although looking at my OP again I didn't assert there are millions of male WoW players hiding in basements afraid of women, just that I don't care if there are.
edit on 1Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:36:30 -0600pm36122014f30pm12 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I've noticed there will be "waves" of divisional topics.

Do you remember when there were dozens of threads on homosexuals for awhile? Not even started by homosexuals, which was comical.

These gender topics are more of the same. Makes me wonder if it's all just the same person/people. One day they wake up and say "Okay minions, let's start some topics for the next few weeks about blacks" or "Alright my minions, let's start some gay threads for the next few weeks...starting with the gay agenda" or "Ready minions? Next topic is going to be Democrats versus the Republicans...make it last".

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If that's the case, where are all the threads about the evils of misogyny?

Tumblr

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Agreed

a reply to: corvuscorrax
Silly tribalism to mask ones own insecurities is how I see it.

Fundamentalists are under attack from gays!

That made me chuckle!

Silly tribalism? Heh your night life sounds like a tribal mating dance. We are animals at the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Look at the links in the OPs. It's the same thing with the recent obsession with race. Right wing media is brainwashing the conservative masses into believing that they're victims.

Men are under attack from feminists! Whites are under attack from the anti-white agenda! Fundamentalists are under attack from gays!

Yea, you're right to an extent. But there's been decades of left wing indoctrination of Blacks into victim hood. And I'm not sure the so-called right wing media is doing much in the way of brainwashing as much as they're informing instead of self-censoring like the Democrat lap-dog left wing MSM. You don't see reports of "White girl bleed a lot" incidents or reports on the "knock out game" on MSNBC. Is all of this divisive? Of course it is; it prompts some to riot and demonstrate and loot in the name of "social justice" and it prompts white flight, social avoidance and isolation in others. But hey...follow the money trail. The whole agenda has become an enormously profitable business plan!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology
I've thought the same thing.
It would be good if we all started calling them out for what they are, we're all human FFS, and I judge a person on how nice they are or not. Gender/race/sexual orientation/abilities/age/blah, none of that matters to me, just how nice an individual is.
...and if an individual is not nice, I do not automatically attribute that trait to a societal group they may identify with.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join