It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sleeping Giant' of ancient life-sustaining water found in Earth's crust

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

The water wont be of any use to us humans, there's no fluoride in it!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This discussion is very interesting.

Water has been found in large amounts in Mercury's atmosphere. Mercury's atmosphere is so thin it is called an exosphere. Yet even though it is so close to the Sun it has lots of water in it.

What can create water? Plasma creates water. Water has been found on the surface of the sun and also being spewed from a 'Black Hole' or more likely what is a Plasma Discharge Event.
If water is created by a Plasma discharge (the Sun and all stars are Plasma and so are "Black Holes") then this should mean that there is a Plasma discharge occurring on or below the surface of Earth. Maybe inside it.

www.everythingselectric.com...

Now, new research supports that the source of at least some of the Moon’s water is the Sun, with the answer blowing in the solar wind.

www.universetoday.com...

WATER everywhere!
There is water all throughout space

"The environment around this quasar is very unique in that it's producing this huge mass of water," said Matt Bradford, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "It's another demonstration that water is pervasive throughout the universe, even at the very earliest times."

www.nasa.gov...

There are huge pools of alcohol in space, I would think there is many many areas in space containing water

Astronomers based at Jodrell Bank Observatory have discovered a giant bridge of methyl alcohol, spanning approximately 288 billion miles, wrapped around a stellar nursery.
Read more at: phys.org...

"We have very good reason to believe that water is a hugely plentiful resource, and even that liquid water can be found throughout the solar system if we're willing to look hard enough."

io9.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Didn't read this in the replies but didn't read all of them, would multicellular life be livable in water with dissolved hydrogen? I couldn't even say im a layman, when it comes to this stuff. Although I will admit I am a hollow earth reader and if you can't consider 3 main facts about this conspiracy, then what's the point of having an imagination.

3 points
1. Can't travel legally around north and south pole. Because of sensor problems .
2. Antarctica can't have land owned by any country ( only for "scientific" purposes) im not sure about laws when it comes to civilians.
3. You either have to be on a cruise, in military, or a scientist, to see anywhere remotley close to those area.
If 3 isnt good enough then at least the legends that come from monks or the people from that area

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I suppose with enough funds at your disposal the above problems regarding travel or colonization to the Antarctic region would miraculous disappear. One has to wonder, extreme weather conditions aside, why this territory is off limits to 99% of humanity? Possibly because there is some form of ancient civilisation already occupying the area or cavern systems that permeate the place?

Im not suggesting a true hollow earth scenario, i am however inclined to believe TPTB are hiding or not disclosing something regarding the area.

edit on 19-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
why this territory is off limits to 99% of humanity?

Who told you it was off limits? Tour companies travel there regularly.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
It would be interesting to see what`s living in that water,maybe some microbes that hold the cure for cancer.

Or cause face melting. Got to tread lightly where new microbes are concerned.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair point i can travel there as a tourist but that's only going to show us the parts of the Antarctic region that the travel companies are authorised to show or cruise along. Is not like you can go back packing across the region in say the same manner as Australia or New Zealand, i release the weather conditions somewhat prohibit travel in the area in this manner. But like i said with enough funds am sure one could outfit themselves properly and go where ever they pleased.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Is not like you can go back packing across the region in say the same manner as Australia or New Zealand, i release the weather conditions somewhat prohibit travel in the area in this manner.

Not true again. There are tour groups that do hiking and backing expeditions. I would suggest you sign up for one of these and then go wander off and explore Antarctica to your hearts content. I would wager you would drop dead before anyone kicked you out.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Like i said i understand there is a tourist industry regarding the place but given the fact that there are still vast tracts of land and mountain ranges that remain unexploded(To our knowledge) by Man in the area i really don't think any tour groups are going to take me to those places. Quite right i could indeed attempt to travel to those areas myself but would probably end up dead simply due to exposure.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Like i said i understand there is a tourist industry regarding the place but given the fact that there are still vast tracts of land and mountain ranges that remain unexploded(To our knowledge) by Man...

Not sure how they are unexplored, they have been aerial and satellite photographed by various companies and agencies.

Just because someone has not physically set foot there does not mean we do not know what is there.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Boots on the ground so to speak provide a completely different kind of understanding and information than aerial photograph or satellite imaginary. Mars and some of the moons of Jupiter have being imaged in a similar fashion does that mean they have been explored?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well I guess if you are that suspicious of the imagery you can book a tour now, I am sure someone wants to take your money and arrange a tour to one of these places.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Buddy i wish i had the money because its a place i would really like to see at least one time in my life, same with the Pyramids. Again through there are simply regions in the area that the tourism industry just cannot take you to backpacking or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It is not unduly expensive. If you truly desire to go it think you can find a manageable trip.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

The water wont be of any use to us humans, there's no fluoride in it!

We can change that though!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Call me stoopid, but I assumed most of the water on Earth was 'old water' that has been recycled through the process of evaporation followed by rain/snow, over and over again... like I learned in science class of my childhood.
Yes, exactly, but each time it evaporates, it can no longer be called water, its water vapour (gaseous molecules), but once it collects in droplets, then it can be called water again (I think) and it becomes "new".

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: stirling
The xtains will be along to tell you its the leftovers from Noahs flood soon......
hey Donald.....DUCK!

There were many ancient floods told of in the ancient tales from peoples all over the world,long before christianity existed.
There is a good chance these were from the ice age melts-but who knows,maybe at times this inner water is thrust to the surface by some mechanism of the Earth

I read an interest theory here on ATS about the the effect the weight of ice had on the earths crust during the age. The theory says the ice was so thick and so heavy that it caused a lot of compression, which has gradually been decompressing (and rising) since the ice melted in our current cycle of warmer temperatures. This could explain the flood stories from around the world too because as the earth decopresssed a lot of underground water could have been released, and not necessarily because of the melted ice water after the ice age but the reduced compression allowomg underground water to potentially rise in great quantities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join