It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.5859 highlights the sickness of US government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Yup, it's coming. The Russians aren't increasing their long range bombing run missions for nothing.

This bill IS a declaration of war on Russia.

I mean seriously. On every front. Economic, military, covert, propaganda, and everything.

Yup. Kiss it goodbye folks. We're gettin nuked.

THE END.

PS. Good riddance. Just hey, Mr. Putin, try to spare Ron Paul will ya? Thanks.

Big whoop, missile defense system will make it look like just another sunny day in philadelphia

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

No none of this would be necessary had Putin not regressed back to the 1980's.

Stop blaming the US for Putins stupidity.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
The hysterics in this thread would be laughable, if I weren't hearing them from my own countrymen.

If only people would make an effort to understand things before they get indignant and condemn our representative republic...

Instead of demanding a switch to mob rule a la pure democracy, why not advocate informed, responsible voting?
Though that would take more effort than griping about perceived injustices on a conspiracy forum.

How you can sit there and ridicule anyone for being upset at the corrupt, sneaky, underhanded tactics used to pass this bill is absolutely beyond my understanding....

Regardless of anything else to do with this bill, simply the way it was rammed through is shameful.

You point to our representative democracy.... well how the hell is this supposedly representative of the people??? If this doesn't bother you, I'd suggest maybe you are asleep.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

If you think Putin started anything your badly miss informed or just don't bother doing any research and rely on CNN for your facts.

Was it not Russian troops that took over a sovereign countries land, and who has the power to send troops into Ukraine...Putin does, and he admitted sending troops without insignias into Crimea.

So yes in fact Putin started it by sending troops into Crimea. And I have done the research, but it seems you haven't and nobody watches CNN and nobody cares about their ridiculous stories.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

and yet members of congress aren't screaming about its passage or demanding it be repealed. What's better is it had to pass both chambers of congress before the president signed it.

Are you seriously suggesting Boehner and Reid got together to pass this bill without members of congress approving it?

What I think you and others are confused about was the fact the bill already passed. The conference committee accepted the bill with a minor change. The passage without dissent was the change.

It was not rammed through.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So let me be a little more clear, since obviously you can't read between the lines.

I'M NOT YOUR B!TCH. I'M NOT YOUR SECRETARY. I DONT WRITE IN DEPTH ANALYSIS FOR ANYONE, MUCH LESS YOU.

Is that clear for you now buddy ?

It's funny to watch the psuedo-debunkers in this thread FAILING so spectacularly.

Got it: you are an ignorant bully who is not interested in reasoned discourse, just name calling. Thank you for your honesty.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Jenny

I too saw that other thread and immediately watched it go off from what I considered the main point of the thread. Just as I have seen yours veer off in the same direction. Into the partisan bickering between ideologies. Only as I skipped to the end of this thread did I find you still insisting regardless of the bill it was the way it was sneaked through is the main issue you hoped to address. How can we even hope to address the issues the bill brings forth if we can not even address, or for that matter even FOCUS on the manner in which it was passed. But thanks for your attempt.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If they can`t destroy another nation by war....
They`ll always find another way.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So let me be a little more clear, since obviously you can't read between the lines.

I'M NOT YOUR B!TCH. I'M NOT YOUR SECRETARY. I DONT WRITE IN DEPTH ANALYSIS FOR ANYONE, MUCH LESS YOU.

Is that clear for you now buddy ?

It's funny to watch the psuedo-debunkers in this thread FAILING so spectacularly.

Got it: you are an ignorant bully who is not interested in reasoned discourse, just name calling. Thank you for your honesty.

Haha, you're the one who tried barking orders at me, demanding I provide you a detailed analysis.

The Bully here is you, and then you go and cry when someone stands up to you. Typical.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
But to help you out a little here you go: H.R. = House resolution S.=Senate Bill

H.R. stands for House of Representatives, and H.R.s are bills. A House Resolution is an H.Res.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I assure you Ukrainians do not think of themselves as Russians and want no part of Russia. We have left them to drift without help and Putin took advantage of their weakness. Up to a point, we either have to help them or allow them to fall back into the grasp of the Russians. Crimea we should just write off, that's not Ukrainian territory. Actually, it's Cossack territory. The new sanctions are a mistake though. I want to keep us out of that anti-Russian policy zone we were in before. Putin is like a chess player, as long as we recognize him for what he is, we can deal with him behind the scenes. Help Ukraine before it's too late, but stop hurting Russian business.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
in order for a bill to be a law it has to pass the house, senate and be signed by the POTUS. if the POTUS vetoes it the senate and the house can pass it but only with a 2/3 majority vote of the entire body.

has this processed been followed?

read about it the POTUS signed it into law. the POTUS!!!!!

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Haha, you're the one who tried barking orders at me, demanding I provide you a detailed analysis.

The Bully here is you, and then you go and cry when someone stands up to you. Typical.

Excuse me... weren't you the one who said:

But it's funny to watch you price your own conjecture higher than the logical reasoning of others. Try not to get too much enjoyment out of sniffing your own methane there buddy.

Your insulting, trollish post.

When you used the phrase "the logical reasoning of others," I naturally assumed you were referring to your own. Naturally, I challenged you to prove the superiority of your reasoning, but now I see I was mistaken. Please, pretty please, refrain from taking this thread off topic again, please kind sir.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
I assure you Ukrainians do not think of themselves as Russians and want no part of Russia. We have left them to drift without help and Putin took advantage of their weakness. Up to a point, we either have to help them or allow them to fall back into the grasp of the Russians. Crimea we should just write off, that's not Ukrainian territory. Actually, it's Cossack territory. The new sanctions are a mistake though. I want to keep us out of that anti-Russian policy zone we were in before. Putin is like a chess player, as long as we recognize him for what he is, we can deal with him behind the scenes. Help Ukraine before it's too late, but stop hurting Russian business.

Excellent post! Couldn't agree with you more! The Crimean issue is dead; it's been a Russian military stronghold for centuries, so if the EU wants Ukraine, they were never going to get Crimea with it. Putin seems to want to talk, so we should sit down and try to negotiate a real peace between Ukraine and Russia. If it means having a legitimate vote in Donetsk and Luhansk about becoming part of Russia rather than Ukraine, then so be it, or maybe just a compromise, and Russia keeps Ukraine while withdrawing back to the agreed Ukraine border.

I'm all for self-determination really. If those people in Donetsk and Luhansk TRULY want to be part of Russia, then it should be THEIR decision, not the US or EU.

The US should have no say at all, and the EU parliament is a bunch of un-elected spokesmen for European corporate interests.

...I naturally assumed you were referring to your own.

You assumed.

You were making it out like everyone in the thread who believed the bill had been backdoored was a moron.

The bill absolutely WAS backdoored. There's no disputing that. You stated that if they had put it to a vote, it would have passed anyway. Well then why didn't they put it to the vote?? To answer that would require knowledge inside 400+ peoples minds.

I don't assume to have such knowledge.
edit on 20-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
in order for a bill to be a law it has to pass the house, senate and be signed by the POTUS. if the POTUS vetoes it the senate and the house can pass it but only with a 2/3 majority vote of the entire body.

www.govtrack.us...

the president signed it into law. December 18th

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did I say the bill was not n"backdoored?" No, I said that the bill could not be "backdoored" without the tacit consent of the majority, or it would have been challenged. Sorry if pointing out that obvious fact made you feel stupid. reply to: 8675309jenny

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Did I say the bill was not n"backdoored?" No, I said that the bill could not be "backdoored" without the tacit consent of the majority, or it would have been challenged. Sorry if pointing out that obvious fact made you feel stupid. reply to: 8675309jenny

And we come full circle LOL. What you are stating is an ASSUMPTION! It is assuming that the House members knew this was going to come to floor later and they all decided to make a beeline for the door so they wouldn't be singled out for allowing it.

You could be right.

But none of us knows what was going on in their heads or if they truly did know the bill was going to be brought back up at 10:23pm.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

www.govtrack.us...

the president signed it into law. December 18th

THE PRESIDENT SIGNED IT INTO LAW REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY HOUSE REPA PASSED IT !!

edit on 20-12-2014 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

5. Fifty million dollars to assist in a corporate takeover of Ukraine’s oil and gas sectors.

That's normal isn't it?

It's a Corporate World, it's actually less than I'd expect.

7. Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

That's normal isn't it?

It's a Media run World, it's actually less than I'd expect.

You're right on brother. It's all propagandized now sadly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join