It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.5859 highlights the sickness of US government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

So who was it who doesn't understand the US political system ?

You....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

Western banks are completely isolating Russia.

No Putin's actions ads of late are isolating Russia.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

And then they call people like this crazy and not worthy of being elected as president.

Quite ironic that you would post such a picture.

Have YOU read the bill? I doubt anyone who has flagged this thread has..

edit on 19/12/14 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Wait, earlier on you say..

...there would have been no need to backdoor the bill.

Yet now you claim that..

This one actually passed the Senate first as S.2828

How can it be a backdoor bill if it was already passed before, Back in September too by the way.

They snuck it in 3 months ago!

edit on 19/12/14 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
well yes, it is unfortunate but it looks like our Empire has snagged up another piece of land and the people that go with it in the traditionaly violent and deceptive manner all Empires have over the last few million years. it appears that it was codified into law in a now commonly known manner to most people who bother to know how they can prevent it again.

I think step one is to figure a way to form an NGO or something to keep the eye of the people inside the Capitol during exactly these moments. Clearly Holidays are when evil loves to take advantage to make its move. So we must figure out how to get a system going when there are only a handful of representatives during not normal hours doing official business. That way if something like this as an example is in the throes, the acting "eye" of the people can get out a social media warning message out that very moment and try to make it viral within 24 hours. The message would contain a link to a page where the users direct state representative's contact information can be presented immediately for a grassroots DDoS by their constituents from every possible media. Phones will ringing off the hook and emails and physical letters start piling up by the thousands to the point they do not have enough staff to even sort through it all.

And the message would be clear, get your ass moving on this issue or we'll send you ass packing in the next cycle!

Now onto point 2 of mine.

Seeing as it has already been said and done, lets learn how to capitalize on this move! Good little investors know when to profit on a good catastrophe when they cannot directly affect an outcome more favorable. So we know the industries will be privatized. Ok, so who gets the spoils? Americans, Europeans, the Chinese? In regards to Energy, the bulk of takeovers will likely be American and European, with maybe a lucky Arab gulf state with a small lease. I think the Chinese will grab up a lot of the mining as this seems to be their thing.

I think it be important to keep in mind much of this military aid money is in the form of loans that will be paying back the defense industry. That is why the IMF is there, to facilitate these loans. So if you want to keep on eye out on the companies to invest in over the short term here, think big agriculture. Food companies like ConAgra, PepsiCo, Monsanto and the such will start buying out all the nice little family farming operations and water supply. I expect the usual suspects of western energy ExxonMobbile, Royal Dutch shell, BP, conocophillips.

Lets keep an eye out also on the mining operations that will startup from publicly traded companies. Gold and silver mining companies tend to do fairly well on the market in the initial few years before they get sold off to the big boys, so definitely put some money there.

Assuming there is nothing we can do about this law, lets just capitalize on it ok?? Pick the right companies that go in there and start raping their resources and you can come out a bit wealthier in the next couple of years. Is that not what we are supposed to do as capitalists anyways? Its an empire with rules designed to work in our financial favor when force is used to bring in a new revenue stream, so lets use them. Regular people like you an I right now are enjoying their returns from the private companies that have moved into all the nations whose markets we have aggressively taken over in the last coupe of decades.

These wars are not just about resources, but about who is selling what to who. If Coca Cola can now sell an extra $30 million a year in this country, it has worked in our Empire's favor. When the citizen in Ukraine now has access to a Stanley, Craftsmen, or Black & Decker power drill in their versions of Home Depot (soon to be our Wal-Marts with a local name) then the battle has worked in our Empires favor. So let us capitalize in the meantime with this # for brains law, all the while brainstorming a way for us to have a visible presence in those chambers next time at 10:30 at night a week before Christmas NEXT YEAR. Because every year something like this happens, it just so happens every year the laws they want to sneak aren't usually as hostile to the Largest nation on Earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
THIS THREAD IS IGNORANT.

1) A bill cannot be passed through the house with only three votes. It needs a simple majority (>50% of total representatives) - this is 218 votes.

2) Then the bill must be voted on by the senate - which typically results in two versions of the bill, and that has to be sorted out

3) Then the president has to sign it into law

It's like none of you even took high school government classes.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Schkeptick

buddy, this exact same thing happened 101 years ago. Ha almost like a joke.

Sneaky legislating 101 . And frankly, this method is used much more often for more mundane actions.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

How is it sneaky when it's been on the table since September?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: DJW001

What is your explanation? Be sure to include an in depth analysis of the 2016 electoral landscape.

Sorry, you've got the wrong guy; I'm not your political science student/sub-slave. Find someone else to wear the gimp suit pal.

If you admit you don't understand what you are talking about, why are you arguing?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

And the stupid post award goes to................

Seriously, what a completely idiotic statement!!!

If you think Putin started anything your badly miss informed or just don't bother doing any research and rely on CNN for your facts.

People need to wake up fast!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond
a reply to: DJW001

And the stupid post award goes to................

Seriously, what a completely idiotic statement!!!

If you think Putin started anything your badly miss informed or just don't bother doing any research and rely on CNN for your facts.

People need to wake up fast!

Oh, that's right... those guys in unmarked uniforms patrolling the streets of Sevastopol were the Salvation Army. I yield my award to you, sir.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Wrong. It doesn't have to go to the house first. This one actually passed the Senate first as S.2828.

Sorry but it was introduced by the House on the 11th and didn't go to the senate until the 12th, as shown here...

www.congress.gov...

So get the facts straight before you make make misinformed posts.

And it was not passed by the Senate but sent to committee where it was amended and sent to the House for a vote, so it never was passed by the Senate before being sent to the committee on Foreign Relations.

Note the actions from the Senate...

www.congress.gov...

But to help you out a little here you go...

Notice how this says introduced...

Now do you see where it says Passed Senate and it isn't shaded in, that means it wasn't passed by the Senate before it was sent elsewhere.

LOL, really? H.R.2828 is NOT S.2828. You didn't even read your own image. That is the MAP act of 2013.

www.govtrack.us...

S.2828 passed the senate on Dec. 11th at roughly 1:30pm : www.govtrack.us...
Looks like congress.gov doesn't update much.

Hell, the president already signed it into law yesterday accompanied by the statement that he doesn't plan to enact the further sanctions at this time.

But to help you out a little here you go: H.R. = House resolution S.=Senate Bill

edit on 19-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Wait, earlier on you say..

...there would have been no need to backdoor the bill.

Yet now you claim that..

This one actually passed the Senate first as S.2828

How can it be a backdoor bill if it was already passed before, Back in September too by the way.

They snuck it in 3 months ago!

Are you actually this inebriated?? This whole thread is about how it was backdoored through the HOUSE. The Senate is only 100 members, the house is 435!!

The version that passed the Senate in September is NOT the current version, hence why it had to go through again (and did at 1:xx pm, Saturday Dec. 11th)!!!

They knew it would fail in the house again, so they avoided calling it to an actual vote and used the 'unanimous consent' trick.

What is your explanation? Be sure to include an in depth analysis of the 2016 electoral landscape.

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
Sorry, you've got the wrong guy; I'm not your political science student/sub-slave. Find someone else to wear the gimp suit pal.

If you admit you don't understand what you are talking about, why are you arguing?

So let me be a little more clear, since obviously you can't read between the lines.

I'M NOT YOUR B!TCH. I'M NOT YOUR SECRETARY. I DONT WRITE IN DEPTH ANALYSIS FOR ANYONE, MUCH LESS YOU.

Is that clear for you now buddy ?

It's funny to watch the psuedo-debunkers in this thread FAILING so spectacularly.

edit on 19-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: Merged post

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It should be illegal to vote while absent. Many politicians are defined by their voting record. Now it's all fraud.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Schkeptick

here is how they do and this is what i was talking about in my first post.

The Constitution provides that a majority of the House constitutes a quorum to do business. Under the rules and customs of the House, a quorum is always assumed present unless a quorum call explicitly demonstrates otherwise. House rules prevent a member from making a point of order that a quorum is not present unless a question is being voted upon; the presiding officer will not accept a point of order of no quorum during general debate or when a question is not before the House.
United States House of Representatives

The Constitution specifies that a majority of members constitutes a quorum to do business in each house. The rules of each house provide that a quorum is assumed to be present unless a quorum call demonstrates the contrary. Representatives and senators rarely force the presence of a quorum by demanding quorum calls; thus, in most cases, debates continue even if a majority is not present. Both houses use voice voting to decide most matters; members shout out "aye" or "no," and the presiding officer announces the result. The Constitution, however, requires a recorded vote on the demand of one-fifth of the members present. If the result of the voice vote is unclear, or if the matter is controversial, a recorded vote usually ensues
Procedures of the United States Congress

if you read it carefully, you see that it says, that it is always assumed that a "quorum is always present, and that 1/5 of members present voted and passed the bill, and that unless a member calls for a vote to determine if one is actually there they can vote, and that can only be done when voting and if it's not called the vote will precede.
like i said this is a tactic that is used quite often and they do mostly on controversial bills or sneaking something by.

edit on 19-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You are aware that this is not how a bill becomes law. It would still require the signature of the president.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This an imitation of S. 2828

Text of the Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014

This bill passed in the Senate on December 11, 2014 and goes to the House next for consideration. The text of the bill below is as of Dec 11, 2014 (Passed the Senate (Engrossed)).

The bill is 45 pages long.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schkeptick
THIS THREAD IS IGNORANT.

1) A bill cannot be passed through the house with only three votes. It needs a simple majority (>50% of total representatives) - this is 218 votes.

2) Then the bill must be voted on by the senate - which typically results in two versions of the bill, and that has to be sorted out

3) Then the president has to sign it into law

It's like none of you even took high school government classes.

Ignorance is defined as a lack of knowledge. So in this case, actually it's YOU who are ignorant, coming in here without even googling "unanimous consent" or the NUMEROUS articles discussing the sneaky way HR5859 was passed.

Your simple 1-2-3 process is the STANDARD method for implementing laws, there are quite a few sneaky workarounds in both the executive and legislative branches.

So I'd like to hereby nominate you for the IPOTT award (Ignorant Post Of The Thread).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
You are aware that this is not how a bill becomes law. It would still require the signature of the president.

Not true. The president could have refused to sign it, and if congress were NOT in session then it would be a veto by default (known as a Pocket Veto). However a congress at odds with the president usually remains in session over the holidays specifically to avoid the president being able to do this.

Obama actually signed it yesterday, but if he had refused, then since congress is still in session, it would have gone back to themwhere it still could have become law without the president's signature if they got a 3/4 majority vote.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The hysterics in this thread would be laughable, if I weren't hearing them from my own countrymen.

If only people would make an effort to understand things before they get indignant and condemn our representative republic...

Instead of demanding a switch to mob rule a la pure democracy, why not advocate informed, responsible voting?
Though that would take more effort than griping about perceived injustices on a conspiracy forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join