It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many countries don't have Internet access?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I wonder if the reason we see Cuba and North Korea in the News of late is the one thing they have in common is their citizens do not have access to the internet. Part of the U.S. deal with Cuba was to allow the west to bring in equipment to make the internet available.

Imagine for a minute, between the government and Google and their balloons trying to make the internet available to every single human on this planet.

Why, you could say its for money/greed, but what if there is a condition for disclosure, what if the condition is all humans have to be on board with this disclosure for it to work. What better way to disclose alien life then the internet. It could also work for getting the masses of the planet to accept a new Alien religion.

Ah maybe I am seeing things that are not there. Maybe this is just about getting other country to buy Oil from certain companies.

Any thoughts?
edit on 18-12-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
hmm...
four!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Have Op's??? Just this one.

edit on 12/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well i don't think it has as much to do with aliens as it has with staying relevant and competitive.

If a country wants to keep up with the world it is going to need the internet sooner or later.

But this could give you a general idea of internet availability:

edit on 18-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
...have the patience to finish typing before they hit 'post' !

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So cuba-usa is because aliens...

It beats my topic i must say

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What is there is no nefarious or extra-terrestrial reason? What if we're simply easing on restrictions that should have been removed decades ago?

Why does everything, no matter how speculative and far fetched, have to be about aliens to some of you people?

Additionally, and I expect that you know this because of course you did some cursory research before posting this fantasy, but the Cuban Government has been easing up on some pretty strict rules lately. For example, people can now much more easily own and operate a business, when before you had to go through a metric %&$^ ton of red tape to do so. Cuba is growing up, and adopting capitalism in a very limited form. Perhaps these changes have helped US/Cuban relations and that's why we're opening up to helping them with infrastructure.

edit on 18-12-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yes there are some places without.

i think its worse to have and then not have in the first place.

Those places are just fine without it, if you took it away from the ones that have it? it would utterly ruin them.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I really, really hope that internet access will be the last straw that leads to the end of the Castros and their repression. Tyranny hates free exchange of info and ideas.
Once travel opens, any chance any of those Occupy idiots head south? It would be fun to watch them deal with real brutality.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Right...because the internet has done a bang up job with disclosure up to this point. Bringing YouTube to the unwashed masses that will do the trick.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Part of the U.S. deal with Cuba was to allow the west to bring in equipment to make the internet available.

Hum...make the internet available to Cuba via U.S. help...(The easier to spy on you my dear).

top topics

join