It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Video Shows MICHELLE OBAMA Lied About Experiencing Racism At Target...BUSTED!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i read her original version and the new version and they say the same thing...at no point does she talk of discrimination.
i don't get it

I agree. Where did Michelle say this Target incident was racist??? I've had people ask me for help at the store... It's nothing new. If she did try to say it's racist, I'd imagine she's so unaccustomed to doing her own shopping that she doesn't know that people talk to each other in the store sometimes and even ask for help if they need it.

I'm not buying that. Did you see how she was dressed? No khaki pants, white pants to be exact, and a very colorfully patterned shirt, with a ball-cap on. No one would mistake someone dressed like that as a Target employee.

So a shorter woman(I'm guessing white) asking a very tall woman (black in this case) to reach a bottle of detergent off the top shelf which she could not reach is Racism in the eyes of Michelle? Wow, she either needs to get out more, because A) that's not racism no matter how you spin it and B) there's things that could be actually interprutted(sp?) as racism which are still not racism, she needs to figure those out.

But there's a much larger Agenda here:

If the government through the MSM would stop over playing and over reporting the few "true" cases of white on black crime and black on white crime (although they usually don't show the latter) I'm fairly sure the people of America would have made huge strides in the area of unity, and judging people or being afraid of people cause the color of their skin would be a thing of the past. Except for a few isolated groups, that would fade away through evolution over the next several generations.

But no the government wants us fighting with each other, and concentrating on their "sideshows: instead of us as Americans focusing on the real problems and taking care of those. This classic US government misdirection has been going on for as long as we've been a country. It's been used by every POTUS some more than others.Classic "Problem , Reaction, Solution stuff. Things are coming to a head.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I agree. Maybe that old guy was just being obnoxious, no matter how many times you say it's yours he'd just go "yeah yeah sure it is haha". Maybe he thought it belonged to his dad or a boss or neighbor. So many options to choose from perhaps skin color was the last item on the older man's list.

Eh, all I can say about this story is Michelle probably went to the Target for a publicity op, and to show how in touch she is with the little people, decided to act like racism affects her.

Sure Michelle, racism affects you. It's held you back. It's made sure your kids attend horrible schools with underfunded budgets, poor lunches, outdated textbooks. Your kids are faced with police harassment when they walk down the streets to go home. When they walk in stores the owners watch them like a hawk because they look "bad". They've been denied educational opportunities, the gangster on the street corner pushing dope is more appealing than the afterschool volunteer basketball coach.

Sure Michelle, racism has affected you and held you back. Sure it has

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
When the First Lady carrys herself like a low class homless person... well wtf does she expect?
She is IMHO a joke as a first lady with no style or grace what so ever....just sayin

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am so confused about how this story links to anything to do with racism whatsoever, other than a People magazine interview title, which doesn't help me understand the bizarre desperate attempt at linkage.

Sorry, but rain through the OP and first page of comments left me wondering if I had lost my sanity and ability to think. Wow.

Just recently Michelle Obama said "Barack and I have experienced racism ourselves" and then referred to this incident when she was shopping in Target and a woman asked her to get something off the shelf, as if she was an employee....

God forbid. I personally have been confused as an employee at stores quite a few times. Probably because I often wear khakis and a plain color polo shirt.

It doesn't bother me. And never once in my life have I thought it was because of my race.

Things that happen to everyone else every day, black people often think happens to them simply because they're black.

Actually personal story about that: A friend of mine went on a rant on facebook about how some old guy in Texas was racist because when he saw him with his racecar/truck and trailer, the guy asked who's car it was. My friend said it was his, and I guess they guy kinda blew him off like "yea sure it is kid".

I said maybe it has more to do with the fact that you look hardly a day over 17yrs old and even at 25yrs old, most people don't have the money for a nice truck/trailer and racecar, plus traveling around the country.

For him it had to be his skin color though; there could be no other reason someone would be surprised.

Thanks for the clarification. It's so silly, I guess it falls under the category of 'reasons I don't watch the news' lol.

I didn't realize she actually referenced it as being " racist ." Ludicrous. I've been asked for assistance because people thought I was an employee at places by whites and blacks. I always assumed it had to do with still having on a dress shirt and work. At times, I've used this to advise people not to buy crappy, overpriced Dell/Gateway, etc. computers.

Guess some of us use such incidents to further their agenda, while others are just good Samaritans

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I agree. Maybe that old guy was just being obnoxious, no matter how many times you say it's yours he'd just go "yeah yeah sure it is haha". Maybe he thought it belonged to his dad or a boss or neighbor. So many options to choose from perhaps skin color was the last item on the older man's list.

Eh, all I can say about this story is Michelle probably went to the Target for a publicity op, and to show how in touch she is with the little people, decided to act like racism affects her.

Sure Michelle, racism affects you. It's held you back. It's made sure your kids attend horrible schools with underfunded budgets, poor lunches, outdated textbooks. Your kids are faced with police harassment when they walk down the streets to go home. When they walk in stores the owners watch them like a hawk because they look "bad". They've been denied educational opportunities, the gangster on the street corner pushing dope is more appealing than the afterschool volunteer basketball coach.

Sure Michelle, racism has affected you and held you back. Sure it has

Exactly. The only thing holding 80% of anyone back is the 10,000ton chip on their shoulder.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

By now it should be obvious that nothing but lies come out of liberals' mouths.

Think about why her husband had to legalize propaganda (lying).

You just lost credibility with your first statement. Obviously some liberals lie, but not all.

And when it comes to politics, the Republicans take the cake for lying on the national stage. Bush lied to get us into an illegal war in Iraq, resulting in thousands of American deaths and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths. THAT is a lie that matters, not a possible lie about Target...... ....... .....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

I am not sure how this could be racist, at all. Michelle is a tall woman and someone asking her for help getting a product off the shelf isnt racist. Is it because Michelle is a tall black woman that all of the sudden someone asking for help becomes a racist incident? Good god, what a joke, seiously! I am a white woman and stand almost 5'9 and have had people ask me to help get them something from an upper shelf. People are too sensitive!!

And this is where I too get frustrated with the current social justice debate.

I have myself worked in the past in social justice work, from education to research regarding race and culture.

However, it is becoming a thing now where not only is almost everything racist but a person of color can call something racist and everybody is supposed to simply believe it, because of their "lived experience" that a white person can't understand. What this does is give license for psychological projection and flips the racist coin to the other side, i.e. now people of color are always right and whites always wrong.

A good example of how a similar misunderstanding might happen is the famous case of "microaggression." For those who don't know, a microaggression would be for example a white woman is standing in an elevator, and a black man gets in, and the white woman moves her purse to the other side away from the man. Ostensibly, the reason being that her fear has been triggered by stereotypes of black men.

It happens, i am sure, exactly along those lines.

But, as a white man, who is decent size, I've had women in elevators AND on the street, especially at night, seem to trigger their fear and walk quicker, grasp their purse, etc ad infinitum.

So, a woman might be generally afraid of men at night due to experience or fear or sexual violence. It could be more sexism or fear than anything, but if a black man experienced it, he might attribute it to race rather than simply his sex.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I hope you can all see this for what it is....just another attempt to divide this country and the people who inhabit it.
One day it's economic inequality, then when that wears then they switch to racial inequality. The song may change but its the same tired old tune. Let one side claim racism and the other side will counter with their own charges of reverse racism.

The result is that by the time the next election rolls around people are properly separated into their respective camps so the the various political parties can convince the masses that it is in their own best interests to contribute to their political campaigns. The only winners are the corrupt and morally devoid politicians.

As long as people continue to believe these lies and allow themselves to be manipulated nothing will change and the this country will continue to be divided.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In Obama's State of the Union propaganda speech, he talked about bringing people together. I remembered this thread and had to chuckle. He and Michelle are more divisive than any other POTUS and FLOTUS in my life time.

Michelle Obama lied. It's very clear race baiting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join