It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Video Shows MICHELLE OBAMA Lied About Experiencing Racism At Target...BUSTED!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Update video below tells an entirely different story of Michelle Obama's experience with supposed racism at Target. The topic for People was the experiences the first couple had had in the past with racism. Michelle chose to tell the story of her trip to Target as an example of racism.

www.youtube.com...

UPDATE: How pathetic.

Michelle Obama lied about the incident. The video below at the 4:40 mark is where Michelle Obama talks about her Target run:
As Ben Shapiro notes, Michelle had a different spin on that same incident a few years ago. She told David Letterman:
“No one knew that was me. Because a woman actually walked up to me, right? I was in the detergent aisle, and she said — I kid you not — she said, ‘Excuse me, I just have to ask you something.’ And I thought, ‘Oh, cover’s blown.’ She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not. And the only thing she said — I reached up, because she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down. She said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good.”

www.100percentfedup.com...
edit on 18-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: link added

MORE:

Michelle Obama Recently Cited Alleged Example of Racism at Target — Her Story Sounded Pretty Different When She Told It in 2013

www.theblaze.com... -different-back-then/

edit on 18-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: Links added

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Racism truly does still exist...but when high-profile people LIE about it happening to them...purely to advance their own selfish and self-serving political agendas, it cheapens constructive debate and casts a shadow of doubt over LEGITIMATE examples.
What the First Lady did was pathetic and inexcusable. SHAME.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's just a matter of perception. She could have interpretted it as racism when in fact it probably was just a bad choice of wording that led to the misinterpretation of what was being said. It may not have been an outright lie.

But remember, lawyers are taught to interpret things with a twist to distort the truth. This is her way of perceiving things.

Most people interpret things they see and hear differently. I do not think we will ever change that. All the conditioning in the world will not change that. We have a mind of our own, we are not ants that do what the queen says without question. Well, I should say some of us possess that trait.
edit on 18-12-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Helping someone is now racism? Or am I missing something...

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's just a matter of perception. She could have interpretted it as racism when in fact it probably was just a bad choice of wording that led to the misinterpretation of what was being said. It may not have been an outright lie.

But remember, lawyers are taught to interpret things with a twist to distort the truth. This is her way of perceiving things.

Most people interpret things they see and hear differently. I do not think we will ever change that. All the conditioning in the world will not change that. We have a mind of our own, we are not ants that do what the queen says without question. Well, I should say some of us possess that trait.

NO. On Letterman...she said: "I felt so good." about the incident. She also said the woman asking for help, did so because the woman was short and Michelle was tall.
There was Nothing about Racism then...or the fact that the woman asked her for help because she thought she worked there (although why that was "racist" I can't imagine).

"-I reached up, because she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down. She said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good.”

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
When i got to buy my wife always stay hours deciding between the endless possibility of product a vs b, in the time i roam around and many many times i have been asked by people about things as if i work there.

Now i know its all racism and i look as white trash
thank you Obama

link   
wait, did she change her story from something else?
i read her original version and the new version and they say the same thing...at no point does she talk of discrimination.
i don't get it

link   
The woman-who-asked's sister just relayed a story on the Glenn Beck show...saying her sister voted for Obama, just thought FLOTUS (who admitted she was in 'disguise') was another (taller) shopper who was standing in front of the top shelf detergent she wanted...but was unable to reach.

The woman said her sister and her husband are furious that Michelle is now portraying the incident as 'racist'.
edit on 18-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Living well softens the impact of skin color bias, no? Living in an insulated manner seems to make people more sensitive to social interactions.

Lying about a topic of such incredible history and human suffering demeans the person doing the lying.

I'm personally still looking for more information to get a better picture of this specific incident. Not forming a conclusion based on bits and pieces.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Maybe I am missing something, but how/where is she claiming that was a racist incident? She is just telling a story of how nobody recognized her. I have had people ask me many times to get things off of shelves.

Since she has told this story before with no mention of racism, I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that People simply failed to transition topics well as the interview supposedly covered a variety of topics.

It would just be weird to retell a well-known story with well-known context as a racist incident, but who knows. Time will tell.

edit on 18-12-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Was not the People interview with Barack and Michelle Obama mentioned in the O.P.?
BOTH claim that other people (white people) thought that because they were black, assumed they had menial jobs.
Barack claimed someone assumed he was a Valet because he had on a tux at the time...while Michelle assumed the woman in Target assumed she was a Target employee.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i read her original version and the new version and they say the same thing...at no point does she talk of discrimination.
i don't get it

I agree. Where did Michelle say this Target incident was racist??? I've had people ask me for help at the store... It's nothing new. If she did try to say it's racist, I'd imagine she's so unaccustomed to doing her own shopping that she doesn't know that people talk to each other in the store sometimes and even ask for help if they need it.
edit on 12/18/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i don't get it

I agree. Where did Michelle say this Target incident was racist???

OKAY...So let's look at the TITLE of the People magazine article:

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences

www.people.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It was a 30-minute interview. There was a lot more to it than these couple of sentences. I'd like to see it in its entirety. And maybe she did think it was racist. That doesn't mean it was.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yes, People is mentioned in the OP, but you should realize that the interview covered varied topics and you are relying on People to make the link with this particular story and racism by taking what they want from the interview and using it how they choose.

Without the actual question and actual answer verbatim, you should deny ignorance and not jump to that racist link. If the actual transcripts come out, then the link can be made.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Racism truly does still exist...but when high-profile people LIE about it happening to them...purely to advance their own selfish and self-serving political agendas, it cheapens constructive debate and casts a shadow of doubt over LEGITIMATE examples.
What the First Lady did was pathetic and inexcusable. SHAME.

Do we expect different from our first couple?
They're so well practiced at it they should get jobs as newscasters once they leave the White House.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Yes, People is mentioned in the OP, but you should realize that the interview covered varied topics and you are relying on People to make the link with this particular story and racism by taking what they want from the interview and using it how they choose.

Without the actual question and actual answer verbatim, you should deny ignorance and not jump to that racist link. If the actual transcripts come out, then the link can be made.

AGAIN, I refer to the actual title of the PEOPLE interview:

The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences

Context is always important.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So Michelle only ever shopped at Target ONE TME in her whole life?

....Hot issue.

Not.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Context is always important.

Absolutely! And if we could see the text of the entire interview, we would be able to tell more. Several topics were discussed.

Are you suggesting that a magazine wouldn't use such a title and try to attach a simple story to it to cause sensationalism in order to sell their magazine?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, one question...was Mrs. Obama wearing a red shirt?

Because I swear - never wear a red shirt to target or someone WILL ask you for help. LOL! Doesn't matter if you are black, white or FLOTUS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join