It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Ruble Falls, Russia Brags "War Readiness" With Secret Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The U.S. and Russia are dance partners. It's all an illusion, so sleep well tonight.....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh yeah?! Well the U.S. has lvl. 67 super-duper secret mega super weapons...saber rattling and war means we're still moronic humans.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think I speak for us all when I say: Metal Gear!?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
I do however place much more trust and confidence in the leadership in the US armed forces who have served their entire life and bleed red, white and blue

Red, white and blue, you say?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
After reading this the following can be stated:

It is simply saber-rattling. It is nothing more or less.

Russia is simply stating it has military assets that can be shifted around and moved to where it wants, that is all. It is nothing more than a chip that is added to the pot and it is seeing what the response will be. Personally I would not be worried about such. And some of such makes no real military sense, if you think about it.

The use of a drone as a sub, well that makes no sense, as it would have to travel close to the surface or even within a certain area, it would be giving off signals or be seen. It makes no sense that this would be a viable threat. Using them as mines, would make better sense and more of a strategic value, but beyond that no. And the other would be the train missiles. That really does not make sense, cause if the train track is damaged, kind of limits the capacity of the train. All it is going to do, is that in the event of a war, add's another target to a list.

So after that, it looks like it is simply back to being rhetoric and saber rattling, chest beating, that is all. Now if they were to say demonstrate such off of the coast of an ally or the US, within international waters, then that would be more of a threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm not concerned by someone pounding their chest, they are trying to achieve something through threats...

If they were silent and smiling they are planning and therefore much more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Thanks for your comment.

"Something sure stopped them from returning to the moon, and you would need to be a bit simple to buy the BS about we learned all we needed to know like 40 years ago about the moon."

That - no surprise - was a blatant lie. There is an on-going program in Colorado even now called LADEE ( Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer):

directory.eoportal.org...
LADEE
"LADEE is a lunar science orbiter mission under development at NASA to address the goals of the NRC (National Research Council) decadal surveys and the SCEM (Scientific Context for Exploration of the Moon) report to study the pristine state of the lunar atmosphere and dust environment prior to significant human activities."

I'd say "significant human activities" means we DO intend to go back to the Moon. Whether for public display or not is the question. We continue to develop the TR-3B triangle, and already have both atmo and space models. And a study of "Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment" sure sounds like it's really a study about "how that dang lunar dust can quite clogging up our landing/taking-off craft on the Moon."

***********************************************************************************************************
"Relying on GPS if things went hot would not be a good plan, because they would soon be taken out."

Our government bidders still aim for the cheapest/lowest bidder. And because China is (or was) the world supplier of rare earth minerals, China constructs and sells a LOT of electronic parts and computer chips. As a rival Superpower, who is to say they're not putting "remotely triggered back-doors" in ALL the electronic parts they sell us?

The worst case scenario would be a triggering event, and China just shuts down all our satellites - military and/or civilian. This could be the next stage of a Space War that we've been heading toward for a log time: Space War by Satellite Destruction. I know China and Russia are suspected of having satellite-killers, but the Navy seems to be going in different directions for some communications and detection:

www.nrl.navy.mil...
NAVAL RESEARCH LAB
Various accomplishments with Radio and Radar.

As I stated earlier, the U.S. seems primed for only an atmo/ground-war, but there have been significant advancements in laser weapons technology, especially with the Navy and Air Force:

news.usni.org...
(Nov. 2013) AIR FORCE SEEKS LASER WEAPONS FOR NEXT-GEN OF FIGHTER JETS
"The U.S. Air Force has released a new request for a high-powered laser weapon that could be mounted on a next-generation air dominance fighter in the post-2030 era.

“The emphasis of this effort is to identify potential laser systems that could be integrated into a platform that will provide air dominance in the 2030+ highly contested Anti-Access/Area Denial (A2/AD) environments,” the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) said.

"The AFRL is particularly interested in lasers that would be at technology readiness level four (TRL4) by October 2014. That means the basic components are already integrated enough to work together in a lab. But the USAF wants the laser to be at TRL5 or better by 2022, which means the system’s components could be integrated with “reasonably realistic supporting elements” to be tested in a simulated environment."

edit on 18-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It kind of defeats the whole "secret" aspect of your superweapons if you brag about them.

Well you have to brag if you want to sell such weapons abroad like the USA does a lot of so I don't think Russia would leak much about it more advanced super weapons but i will tell you about one.

Cost ?

Russia builds tanks for a tenth of what it costs US tax payers to build a tank even if they are not quite as good

The F-35 costs far to much and the USA has to force its freinds behind closed doors to cough up for these fighters and for all we know Russia has a missile that costs $250,000 each that can bring these babies down

Russia has better tanks with the t90a.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Missile trains........OK this is not the 1950s. It seems they are grasping at straws in hopes of America easing up a little. They can boast all they want but the US spends more on gas than the Russian military spends on everything.......Think about what that means.

Also why on earth would the Russians be bragging about outdated crap......Are they this isolated or what. If Russian leadership had any sense at all they would be trying to diffuse this by playing the peace card not the war card. Russia is not a super power anymore they are barely a regional power.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
It kind of defeats the whole "secret" aspect of your superweapons if you brag about them.

Meanwhile, the US likely has "superweapon" hardware that won't be de-classified for decades, or god forbid, that they're actually used.

Gee, I bet the Russians are reading your post going "oops, we shoudn't have said that"

Clearly you'remiles ahead of their curve on info/disinfo...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sounds scary

Thanks for letting the rest of the world know about their 'Secret Weapons' I'm sure now, if true, many Nations will now start work on counter measures....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

"Russia builds tanks for a tenth of what it costs US tax payers to build a tank, even if they are not quite as good."

You, Sir, have just said a mouthful. No pun intended.

www.bbc.co.uk...
RUSSIA INFLATES ITS MILITARY WITH BLOW-UP WEAPONS
"The Russian military is using a cunning plan to deceive the enemy and save money at the same time: inflatable weapons. They look just like real ones: they are easy to transport and quick to deploy.

"You name it, the Russian army is blowing it up: from pretend tanks to entire radar stations. The decoys are a hundred times cheaper than the real thing, which means Moscow will save a lot of money by blowing up its own weapons.

"On goes the pump, in goes the air and the plastic sheet begins to rise and take shape. A turret appears, then out pops a long plastic gun barrel. This is an inflatable Russian tank.

"When the men pump up their next piece of plastic, this one expands into a S-300 rocket launcher, complete with giant truck and inflatable rockets. It is a cross between a ballistic missile and a bouncy castle. And waiting to be blown up are inflatable MiG fighter jets - even entire Russian radar stations."

edit on 19-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That's actually just copying a strategy used by the US during WWII.

The Ghost Army

I wonder when the Russians will have good ideas that are genuinely their own.

ETA: Although, in the interest of fairness, the British first honed the idea.
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments. We got a nice list of opinions, that mostly seem to agree that Russia's "secret weapons" can't be all that great, if they are outdated (like missiles on a train), or just another reference to "drones." But let's try a "thought experiment":

My main concern, is that world militaries now have four platforms to master if they want to win a major world war today: Undersea, Surface/Terrestrial, Atmosphere and Near Space (orbital). (Possibly a fifth, the Moon, if Russia really does have a presence there, per DIA foia documents.)

We only dealt with three of those in WWII, and the Nazis focused on Atmosphere toward the end with their rockets. Those were their "secret weapons," and the Pentagon was scared sh**less that the Nazis might still win, since the Nazi rockets kept getting better and achieving longer ranges. The Pentagon knew that if we delayed D-Day even by 6 months (or landing massive ground troops for a Terrestrial push to Berlin), the Nazis might first achieve rockets that could reach New York City - and that would be a game-changer.

So what do you think? Is the U.S. capable of fighting and winning a war on 4 or 5 different levels right now? Could we effectively counter a massive Terrestrial war by Russia? A massive Underwater/Surface war by China's Navy in the Pacific?

Or will everyone start with a proxy Satellite War, and then see who is the least damaged - and most vulnerable - before initiating diplomacy toward a truce?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
They can boast all they want but the US spends more on gas than the Russian military spends on everything.......Think about what that means.

In 2006 the US military spend about 13 billion on 'energy' (including gas)
www.resilience.org...

In 2014 Russia's defense budget was estimated to be 78 Billion
press.ihs.com...

Sorry for the differing years but I hate to waste too much time on BS.

I think exaggerations like 'the US military spends more on gas than their whole military spends' don't stand up to any scrutiny and are blatantly misleading. The Russian military is highly capable in almost every way.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Reread your reply twice.

6 Levels, Cyberwar?

All the cool kids are doing it these days..

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

"6 Levels, Cyberwar?"

Cyber systems is still just an electronic "enabling system" for real weaponry and related equipment, and possibly some value as a "training device". And as the "ghost in the machine," it has no combat capabilities by itself, although hackers could and do wreck havoc on civilian corporations, utilities and financial systems, and have even briefly taken military weapons off-line. But, again, "cyber" capabilities are still mostly central "enabling systems," with plenty of safeguards before "triggering" weaponry.

Although, if AI (Artificial Intelligence) is ever given control over these "enabling and training systems" connected to real weaponry, we could have a SkyNet/Terminator situation, God Forbid. But that is still in the future.

The other possible route for a future Cyberwar level, is a "virtual war." Like the Classic "Star Trek" episode, where neighboring planets had been at war so long, that they'd arrived at a way to still have casualties but preserve their culture and environment: "Computer-only bombings" were randomly carried out, and everyone within the bombed-zone had to report to a killing center to die.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RustyNailer
Oh yeah?! Well the U.S. has lvl. 67 super-duper secret mega super weapons...saber rattling and war means we're still moronic humans.

After being around Russian equipment since 1980 I have yet been impressed with the vast majority of it as it is actually deployed and used compared to what is on paper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join