It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic Matter Found On Mars...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subterranean13
a reply to: wildespace

Because it is from the university of Hong Kong, which despite links to western counterparts, does not work in english.

These two papers are from joint European (and one including American) institutes:

rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org...
journals.cambridge.org...

You can preach about the "official" definition all you want, but you can't deny that scientists use the term "organic matter" in relation to organic molecules all the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I dont understand why the OP would use the headline "Organic matter found on Mars " and then in his opening post, copy and paste a statement that completely contradicts it.

I really wish people would give their threads some thought before posting.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
I dont understand why the OP would use the headline "Organic matter found on Mars " and then in his opening post, copy and paste a statement that completely contradicts it.

I really wish people would give their threads some thought before posting.

What statement? I don't see any copy&paste statements in the original post, nor anything that would contradict the thread headline.

NASA are saying Curiosity has detected organic matter, so how is this misleading? www.nasa.gov...

I really wish people would give their posts some thought before posting.

P.S. so sad that instead of discussing the actual scientific findings from Curiosity, people got hooked up on semantics.
edit on 11-2-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

First off , I was referring to the copy and pasted link .
If you had bothered click it and read the statement , you may have better grasp of what I was trying to put across.

You then post a link to back up your arguement .
And you have the nerve to complain about semantics ?

Did we really need to send a rover all that way to tell that there is organic matter on Mars ?

Its a goddam planet . What the hell did they think they were gonna find .. Swiss cheese ???? Lol

edit on 11-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

First off , I was referring to the copy and pasted link .
If you had bothered click it and read the statement , you may have better grasp of what I was trying to put across.

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding. I have looked at the article now, and still don't see how it contradicts the headline (apart from sematic arguments that "organic matter" is something different from "organic molecules").

Did we really need to send a rover all that way to tell that there is organic matter on Mars ?

Its a goddam planet . What the hell did they think they were gonna find .. Swiss cheese ???? Lol

Yes, we need rovers or other scientific equipment to establish what is present and what is not present on other bodies in the Solar System. Basing our whole knowledge on assumptions wouldn't let us get very far in learning about the universe.
edit on 12-2-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join