It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A whole heap of moral questions to be considered in this unusual news article.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The post was entirley about the complex context of the situation.

The point I was trying to make amongst many was that it was ok for the the lady in question to be married and have children, then social services become involved. then at the age of 39 it be deemed illigal for her to have sexual relations with her husband because a judge deemed it inapporpriate even though she did not have a problem with it.

As I stated earlier this was not about anything other than the complex questions of the morality of the article and the disscusion of it.

a reply to: OrphanApology

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Right off the bat I saw that there were incidents of domestic violence. That's enough to turn my views against him. I hate it and if I ever saw it, said abuser wouldn't be walking. He'd have to relearn a lot of things once I was done with him. Another thing, like it's been pointed out multiple times here, she's got the mental capacity of a kid. It's wrong. I doubt if she really understood what they were doing. Also, as far as the second marriage goes, it's illegal under the law in the country where he lives. If he wants to live under Islamic law, he can go back to Bangladesh where such things are socially and legally acceptable. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

She has the mind of a four year old, she doesn't have the ability to be okay or not okay with it. No more than a four-eight year old would be able to consent to having sex with someone.

There is no gray moral area here. If you # someone who doesn't understand what sex is, or that they can say yes or no...you are raping them. Not that complicated.

Consent is when you give permission for something to happen. She didn't, nor does she have the ability to. Non-consensual sex= rape. No moral gray area there.

In terms of why they waited 39 years, I have no idea. Why isn't he in jail for rape? Why was he not arrested upon the first pregnancy? I don't know anything about the U.K., but the whole situation is just one big failure in regard to protecting this disabled person from a sexual predator.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This was one one of the questions I was asking. How does someone get to 39 years old but has the mind of a child and this is not an issue,

Or are they an adult with 39 years worth of experience that has a very low IQ that is explained as that of a child which then creates a distorted view of there status as an adult but makes us think of them as a child therefore changing our own view of them as an individual?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The article stated that the social workers tried to educate this individual on sex and consent and were unable to. It appears that she is severely mentally handicapped and just simply has the mind of a child. While there are some mentally handicapped people who are able to function and learn about sex and consent, this doesn't appear to be the case. The guy is a sexual predator who has been screwing a disabled woman with the mind of a four year old. The article stated that she didn't even know how the babies got inside her. Forced non-consensual sex with a mentally retarded woman. No jail time? Very sad.

edit on 18-12-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I agree It is very sad but you seem to have missed some of the points I was trying to make on ths issue.

The obvious is plain to see but I was looking at the more subtle issues in this issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You stated that you think the judge is taking away this woman's right to have sex because she stated she enjoyed it.

Some children enjoy being molested. It's a physical response to sexual stimuli. She still has the mind of a four year old and was raped because she is unable to give consent. Just as a four year old being touched by their uncle is being raped even if they enjoyed some of the stimulation. She now has four children who are wards of the state and she doesn't even have the mental capacity to know how they came out of her. There is no moral gray area here, the judge should have put the man in jail. The same as if someone has sex with a child or an elderly adult with dementia. They cannot consent.

If you cannot consent you are being raped. That is all.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Please do not get me wrong and re read my posts in this thread, if I have stepped out of line then please let me know.

I posted this because to me it created so many questions of morality.

So many questions that I felt the need to discuss it. I appologise if it has upset you.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Very tricky one this.
I look after people like the lady and we do an a assessment to see if they understand what sex is and if they understand the implications of having sex.
Some do and we encourage them if they want to find a partner and have a healthy relationship.
Has she the capability to say no though?
It could be easy for the man to manipulate her and he shouldn't have that power.
Give her a safe place so she can recover and find her own life.
But then again if they love each other?
Like I said tricky one I will bring up at work tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just read more and yes send that guy to jail.
How it went on for so long bewilders me.
After the first child nothing was done?.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Agreed in full. I never intended to create a thread that would create discourse or anger.

As someone that has no real understanding I was simply looking to discuss a very complex situation.

Again I offer my appologies.

a reply to: boymonkey74

top topics

<< 1   >>

join