It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Life starts, one life ends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hello People, hopefully this is the right section for such things, i mainly wanted some opinions from all of you fine people, something happened and part of me feels like i should learn something from this, and the other part is just chucking it up to cosmic coincidence.
The story is very simple:
My ex girlfriend's father just died today. i got the call about 2 hours ago.
My current girlfriend just told me it's her father's birthday today.

Maybe it's just that the sad news hits me on a personal level, (me and the ex had our problems, but her dad was always nice to me, so no beef there) but it all feels...too strange.
What studies have you people read on this kind of odd coincidence?
thanks to all in advance.

also, i don't know if it matters at all, but numerology fans might want to know, me and my girlfriend share the same birthday, 4th of march. just me in 84 and her in 86
edit on 18/12/2014 by IShotMyLastMuse because: added the Bday bit at the end, it might not matter, or it might make all the difference

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

The same day my dog died, I had the most vivid and best dream with my dog welcoming me in a place that looks like paradise and licked me all over my face.

To top things, I have no idea my dog got sick and quickly died. I was thousands of miles away from home. I only heard the news three days later.

It's my conviction that if we love someone, a part of us lives in that person and if that person loves us back, lives in us too.

When that person dies, the part of us that lived in them returns to us and the part of them that lives in goes, goes on.

That is why after a death of a loved one, we will never be the same because your consciousness would have become the complete melding of the person you loved. In fact, we are also not the same, the moment we love someone anew.

Only the body dies but our consciousness continues to live on the people we loved and loved us.

Dreams offer a fleeting glimpse of the former lives of all the consciousness that lived in us.
edit on 18-12-2014 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

a friend of mine. who is a girl of that same age. her father just died like 5 hours before you posted this thread. shes from oregon but this happend in hawaii.

so here it is coincidende that i also know a girl who just lost her father but the coincidence ends when more specific such as where shes from and where he died at.

or maybe im being presumptious and we both know the same girl?!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

No not the case, The girl i am talking about is hungarian, her family still lives in Budapest.
Who knows how these things work buddy, i'm looking for a sign in a stack of gibberish i think!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I haven't read much about the phenomenon, but I have experienced it.

While I gave birth to my first son, the family got the phone call that my grandma was in the hospital for the final stages of cancer that had returned. She hadn't even told us she was sick again. I spoke with her on the phone and she promised to see me and that baby soon. She died within 24 hours. Later that same day my two day old son lifted his head a bit and actually focused his eyes and cooed. I know she was there.

When my second and youngest son was born, my husband's parents came to visit when he was about a week and a half old to visit. They spent the day with us and some of the conversation made me wonder later, it almost seemed as if they were ready to go. My mother in law pointedly asked if this was her last grand baby. I told her yes, and she said she could die a happy woman. The day they were going to head home they pulled out of a parking lot and were struck by a semi without his trailer. He lost control and we lost them both.

People actually referenced this phenomenon to me several times and each time I heard it, it made me angry at the time. Especially after my second son was born, I had asked them to wait a few days so I could recover a bit before we had guests.

I know it's only anecdotal, but this concept has literally redefined my life. I love my boys more than anything in the world, but I never realized I would have to trade my children for other loved ones in my life. I will never give birth again. Ever.
edit on 18-12-2014 by woodsmom because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

You have to remember folks, if you're trying to literally connect the deaths and births between people, you have to realize that the "transference" doesn't always follow linear time....

For example, the consciousness of a person who died today, might be transferred to a child who was born two years earlier - the consciousness traveled two years back in time from the person - or is already aware of his of her pending death and transferred to a newly conceived life form.

This is why a person that is nearing death (even without their knowledge, including deaths that involve accidents with the person in perfect health before the fatal incident) may begin to experience a host of paranormal/supernatural experiences they never had before and may begin to see visions. Their personality could even change and begin to see the world in a different light from an enlightened perspective. Their consciousness is beginning to find a new host which is not necessarily a newly conceived life form but can also be to the people who loved them dearly.

We have our "other self" or soul if you wish that we don't have control of in most cases and seems to have a mind of its own.

This is the mystery of life. Don't miss a moment to love one another, play with your kids and pets, take your wife out on a date, help your neighbor. Do it now because we'll never know which day will be our last! Because it is love which saves us!
edit on 18-12-2014 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
From a purely statistical standpoint, there is a 1 in 365 chance that any event can coincide with someone's birthday. That's better odds than scoring 50 dollars off a one dollar lottery scratcher.

When traumatic things occur, we look for patterns, and more importantly, answers. The death of a loved one can (even someone as far removed as an Ex's parent) be pretty jarring. What's important is that we hold those we care for today, because they may not be with us tomorrow.

Someone once said "People die twice. Once, when they stop breathing. And second, a bit later on, when someone mentions their name for the last time." So live in a way that will keep people talking for a long time to come.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

That's interesting what you have to say about transference. I wonder sometimes about my youngest son and his uncanny likenesses to my father in law. It's his mannerisms and the way he talks to me sometimes. It's hard to describe.

The way things work out is incredible sometimes. I am a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. I agree that all we can do is love each other. I actually homeschool my boys, for many reasons, but one is so that we can do it together. Life is precious.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: johndeere2020

That's interesting what you have to say about transference. I wonder sometimes about my youngest son and his uncanny likenesses to my father in law. It's his mannerisms and the way he talks to me sometimes. It's hard to describe.

The way things work out is incredible sometimes. I am a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. I agree that all we can do is love each other. I actually homeschool my boys, for many reasons, but one is so that we can do it together. Life is precious.

Yep, that's it. We also live in each other, not just the ones we directly love but also ones we have so many similarities with even if completely strangers.

This is why we should show love and compassion even to strangers. We are not individuals but rather a collective of like-minded people. This is why in some dreams, we have distinct memories of an alternate life we never lived.

We should be careful not to hate anyone for they may be a part of ones we used to love dearly and have lost.

I'm still not encouraging indiscriminate trust of strangers. Much discernment is still required because some people are just hopelessly evil that prey on the weak. I'm not saying they are doomed not to change, it just isn't their time yet. But people do come around.

I sincerely hope that you and your boys will not lose the love for each other and to spread that love to other people. It's the only thing in this world that has value. Money is an abomination compared to love.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It can all be monitered on the earth quake websites. There is a theory that when one leaves this reality then there is a sonic boom when the door opens up to the other side. It is also a wide belief that we are our own grandpa and such. That thought really makes women special to go through such pains over and over

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It can all be monitered on the earth quake websites. There is a theory that when one leaves this reality then there is a sonic boom when the door opens up to the other side. It is also a wide belief that we are our own grandpa and such. That thought really makes women special to go through such pains over and over

That maybe true.

I used to work for a company that monitors power usage of more than a hundred large electric consumers around the country.

At around the same month my dog was born, historical data showed severe power fluctuations for a couple of weeks around the same time my dog was born on most consumers!

Thinking it was just a coincidence, these power fluctuations are strongest near my home!

Unfortunately, I cannot share these info due to the rules of confidentiality with our clients, I could be sued if I did.

These powerful manifestation of birth and death, did not end there. When my dog was dying, we were struck by a week of severe thunderstorms in a desert! You don't expect this kind of weather in a desert do you?

My dog reminded me of Nikola Tesla since Nikola Tesla's birth was also manifested with electrical disturbances - severe thunderstorm. My dog was exceptionally intelligent, she figured out how to open a door locked with both a barrel bolt and a door knob with flip lock - all by herself!! And among many other complex things. I'm an inventor as one of my hobbies and one of her favorite things to do is watch me work, showing intense curiousity as a child would but without getting in my way. She would sometimes carefully try to manipulate my stuff as if studying it but never damaged a single one! I never trained her to do anything because she learns everything all by herself and is well behaved. I sometimes think she is a person in a dog's body. Never gave me any problems. Losing her felt like I lost a child so painful at first.

top topics

join