It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Question - How can Deceased People Vocalize Speech without a Biological Body with their Unique Vocal Cords ?

Answer - They Cannot .

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Cambot

I'm probably only going to respond to one or two of you once but if you don't believe in the after life, then why are you in the forum? Only a skeptic would immediately say hoax.

What do you call a person who automatically believes it's not a hoax?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Robin was on everyone's mind

Yah kay, I see you just want to believe, regardless.

Yowzers!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

After making this thread I decided to see what other recordings of RW may be out there and DID come across an idiot asking real stupid questions for ratings. It made me mad. And there was another trying to plug her 4 hour session claiming Robin was in there too. So, in hindsight I can understand where they are coming from. However, I too don't feel this Huff character displayed any of that and is sincere about what he does. After all, the proof is in the pudding and man, that sure sounds a hell of a lot like him. No denying that part.

Well, that may not be the most compelling evidence for some, but my God, that made me weep. I believe that is the real deal.

Yeah, I can't imagine what purgatory must be like for someone who just arrived. Guess we'll find out...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My opinions are based upon what I've personally experienced. EVP's are definitely real, in that they are capturing "something." Often times these are voices, and it could not be argued that they were anything else, as this is how clear and understandable they are. It is not enough to say that such things are not scientifically accepted, because obviously science cannot even study such a thing, because the results are not reproducable in the manner required by science. Just because science cannot study it does not mean it cannot be occurring. I've had a handful of paranormal experiences, and have heard one EVP firsthand. I've heard others that have been captured by paranormal groups, and many of these truly are genuine, as opposed to being hoaxes. So I am convinced the phenomenon is occurring. No doubt whatsoever. Now whether these are caused by dead people, some other form of intelligence, some wacky kind of recording impressed upon natural objects or energy sources, etc., I cannot say. They cannot be tested because there is too much randomness, and it is not possible for one scientist to reproduce the exact same results as another. Plus, there can be no proposed mechanism of action at this point. So it is out of the question, reaching a scientifically valid conclusion I mean.

I do not believe in "psychics" as many people understand them. Such as those individuals on television who can communicate with the dead. However I do know that certain individuals can pick up on things, whether it is energy or something else, that eludes most of us. In some of these cases the impressions made upon the medium are strong enough for them to have a good idea as to the intention of the impression. For instance, a mental picture, a name, etc., but they are not having a dialogue with a dead person. Those people who claim that they are speaking to a dead relative or to this or that person, and can ask questions and get answers are, in my opinion, frauds. I will not say it is impossible, considering that it would be the natural progression from picking up on energies and feelings, but at this point I do not believe it.

Now what some paranormal researchers do is ask questions and give the "spirit" some way to respond. Often times the results are quite striking, and the only viable explanations are that these are outright hoaxes, or there is some form of communication occurring. This goes only for those cases in which chance obviously plays no part. For instance, if you've ever seen researchers loosen the contact on a flashlight and place it down, where the slightest movement will cause the connection to close and the bulb to light, you would think that the light could easily turn on via a natural explanation. I would have to agree with you. But, when this occurs in direct response to a question, over a lengthy period of time, especially when the pace is non-linear, one would be hard-pressed to claim that there is a natural explanation. It could be claimed, but the chances of a natural explanation become smaller and smaller the more times the bulb lights up in response to a question.

Evidence of this nature abounds where the paranormal is concerned, but such evidence, while convincing, is not definitive. Even though there are cases where the available scientific explanations are exhausted, this does not constitute proof, and will convince no extremely objective person unless that person was present, and was convinced that no tampering had occurred. One of the best ways to convince a person of paranormal activity is to take them to an extremely active place. They will soon see, once the activity begins, that there is no possible way for it to be a setup. There are no physical mechanisms in place to cause the occurrences, and thus they are convinced. Many people have been convinced in such a manner, but this will not be enough to bring credence to the field where scientists are concerned, unless one were to take all scientists and convince them individually. If they knew such things were happening, then they would devise a way to study these phenomena.

Anyway, researchers sometimes will ask questions while using an audio recorder, and immediately after the question they will play back the digital audio and listen for any EVP's. The benefit to this method as opposed to leaving a static recording device running all night is that there is purported interaction going on. So someone asks a yes or no question, and upon playing back the EVP they get a yes or no answer. If the playback contains a voice clearly saying something, in direct response to a question, that is significant. I know that paranormal phenomena exist. The experiences I've had leave no other explanation. It is a fact where I'm concerned. With that said, it is also possible for a "spirit," or whatever is causing the paranormal phenomenon, to basically lie. Seemingly intelligent interactions of the nature described above would imply that something with intelligence is on the other side. It also appears that these "entities" have varying degrees of morals, just like people. So if some of these things lie, capturing an EVP that answers "yes" to the question of being a specific individual must be taken with a huge grain of salt. So all of the above would be my answer to your question where believers in the paranormal are concerned. For those who do not believe in the paranormal, my answer would be "stick your head back in the sand...nothing to see here." Because that will get about the same reaction as attempting to prove my point. I will say it again, that even if ghosts exist, there is no scientific way to prove this existence, at least at this point in time. Ghosts would not behave in such a linear fashion that any results could be reproduced. And not being physical matter that we can pick up and study, obviously science cannot study them at present. So the argument that ghosts don't exist because science hasn't proven their existence is not a good one. It is hard to prove something, even if it exists, when you cannot apply your tools to the problem. We can capture all the EVP's we want, all the video and photo evidence we want, but this is not proof either. So to the naysayers, how would you suggest one goes about studying and proving the existence of something of such a nature?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Robin was on everyone's mind

Yah kay, I see you just want to believe, regardless.

Yowzers!

What does this have to do with me "wanting" to believe?? It has nothing to do with that at all; it's a freakishly weird uncanny resemblance to Robin William's voice during an EVP session. You can't deny that doesn't sound like RW? Instead, make it about me. I see. Discredit me, discredit my post instead of objectively looking at the evidence. Nice. Not going to work though. I don't have to want to believe anything, I can hear. Can you?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm exceptionally skeptical of most things and usually avoid commenting in threads regarding the unknown. But I honestly have to say that this video, fake or real, was emotionally compelling enough to suck me in. Just like the man who made the video, I grew up watching Mork and Mindy and always had a deep regard for Robin Williams - The Fisher King, to this day, is one of my favorite movies - so is What Dreams May Come.

If you pay attention to the "messages" they seem to tell a story too. A journey from sadness, to confusion, to fear, to joy. And maybe that is why it sucked me in - my hope that Mr Williams is out there, somewhere, happy. He deserves to be. He made a lot of us happy while he was here.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Man, you are on a roll today! I think this is about the second or third time today you've almost made me well up with tears!

Those are two of my favorite movies too. I was shocked when he wasn't nominated for an award for The Fisher King.
He was the most awesome schizophrenic I've ever seen!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What does this have to do with me "wanting" to believe?? It has nothing to do with that at all; it's a freakishly weird uncanny resemblance to Robin William's voice during an EVP session.

Calm down. I think its a hoax. So what?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not certain its Robin, but it did sound like it was. Have watched his evp video's before and they're real. He's not hoaxing.

I don't personally believe Robin killed himself. However there is this slim chance that he did or was targetted in a way to do this, and perhaps he's in a bit of a timeout over this.

I don't believe he was an athiest, What Dreams May Come and the insights even in Hook are rather profound. But he would have been, in his position, rather knowledgeable and some of it would have been a bit like the mysteries. So wonder what he meant. There are just too many variables based on the fame and probably some of what is expected of them, or that they may buy into. Or its something to do with personal regrets.

If its not him, still makes one send some prayers. Thats the thing about evp's, seemed like people getting through are in need of help, but think praying and asking for the true Highest Love and Goodness in existence to send in those who can assist the other to remember and wake up more, and choose to be uplifted, to heal, to let go of pain and to take all who are negative and harming that person, away, to bring them to a place best suited for them to be safe and not under the pecking hierachies and punishment for separating from negativity and help them recover their sense too.

Really sad.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Calm down. I think its a hoax. So what?

Then it would be reasonable to agree whomever would hoax something like that is a sack of #. Right?
This is where good EQ levels come in handy determining who's a sack of #. There's a lot more involved than just labeling someone a hoaxer just for the sheer ease of it. That's not how to objectively look at a phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank Goodness I listened again. Because I missed the ending. There is Light, There is Light, I'm here with Dad!

Thank You, God/Goodness!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've followed this guy for a while. The recordings he has are spectacular, in and of themselves. A cycling tuner button, randomly picking up radio voices, that make coherent sentences to (on the whole) specific questions. If this is a hoax, I'd like to know how it is done.

These specific recordings, are different from any of his others, as to my knowledge, it would be the first time he has asked for a 'personality', and gotten a voice which actually sounds like R.W., despite the method that is being used, described above...that, is incredible.

This is not an individual who is asking you to Believe, that he hears voices in his head...these are recorded sounds...reproduce-able and able to be heard by anyone who listens...so, his method could not be painted as a mental illness etc...and believing what you hear (if you want to extend the madness) will draw you to other conclusions, because, you could not be hearing, what you are hearing.

This leaves the issue of the radio itself. What explanation is there (and what are the odds) for coherent sentences (in answer to a question) being formed by a cycling radio tuner?

A99

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

yeah but he also says Fuuuuudge, if indeed that's what was said. Sounds more like an OH Fu this isn't good, so who knows. I think it's a waiting room.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Unity_99

yeah but he also says Fuuuuudge, if indeed that's what was said. Sounds more like an OH Fu this isn't good, so who knows. I think it's a waiting room.

The sound quality of his recordings have become better over time, although sometimes there is confusion about what exactly has been said...most of his recordings are distinct enough to make the determination that a question has been answered, with the correct words, syntax etc...all formed by disparate voices, on different radio stations, picked up by a digital tuner that is cycling very fast...what are the odds?

Interestingly, he has asked all the obvious questions, and gotten varied answers...but this seems to (me) to reflect a belief before death, being experienced (that's my short answer)...of note, is that many of the answers talk about a waiting room of sorts, some are in darkness, some are with others, some can see angels around them and around Huff, who is recording them...some say sentences to the effect of 'he can hear us' etc...

A99

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just relistened and at the end, didn't hear the fudge part, that was earlier, though more graphic version. And to me that is a natural progression. Ie, a soul that has to sift through distortions is in a time out, the abyss or void, the outer darkness, many names its called. It seems to be a place where you are lost in your thoughts and yet the Light is with you, and when you're ready, to remember happiness, healing, have faith in Good/God and Family, you are assisted out of there.

Many NDE's go through this process, especially suicides, or if you feel you've hurt others around you, and depict this as a normal one.

And in a sense, since the progression was given, to the Light and Presence or Dad, then this seems to be the natural outcome.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, that was awesome. Well said, man.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

0oh lol this guy's got some great EVPs haha, creepy. Watching his YT channel and his intro video. I can't believe how clear he's getting them, what kind of system is he using?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: akushla99

0oh lol this guy's got some great EVPs haha, creepy. Watching his YT channel and his intro video. I can't believe how clear he's getting them, what kind of system is he using?

Digital radio designed to operate on a cycle through the band,, continuously. A question is asked (sometimes not) and the radio stops cycling on the voices that produce the sentences you hear...I want to see it explained...

A99

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
www.near-death.com...

"Some people describe entering the void either through the tunnel or not through the tunnel. Once in the void, some people immediately return to their body and their NDE is over. Other people, such as Guenter Wagner, have an extended experience in the void and then return to their bodies. But in the map above, you can see that some people leave the void then enter heaven. Once in the void, the only way out of it is through the love you have cultivated within you during life. In the void, once a person begins to think, remember, feel and realize love, the tunnel opens and you enter toward the light. Some people, such as Linda Stewart, leave the void with the help of a Being of Light. The void is totally devoid of love and light and the only way you can be attracted to the light is by realizing the love within you.

"One of the best descriptions concerning the transition from the Earth to void to heaven is the near-death account of Rev. Howard Storm. Another near-death account involving a trip through the void on the way to heaven is the near-death account of Linda Stewart.

It almost sounded like this may have been what occurred as is a pattern reported in NDE's and it makes sense, that its all about a process of healing, a kind of time out. And then the Light.

www.near-death.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join