It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bitcoin powered board

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
A micro payments system is a good plan but sorry I don't trust BTC because it's value acts like a share price and is not stable like it needs to be a currency

there are mecanisms that allow for "locking" the value of a bitcoin to insulate the coin at its "locked" value in USD.
in this way the coin suffers not change in value in USD and could be locked untill its entire value is spent.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxriIkGaY60

and I have read that something like 35% of people buying coins are geting scammed.

i dont believe that, i beleive that if you use the correct software you can only be scammed by making poor choices,
something that happens in USD or Yen or any currency

Model that into your profit and loss account if you are new to BTC

BITCOIN IS AN EXPERIMENT and is still in pre 1.0 release,
there are already solutions to all the problems rased so far.

Hate them as i do, Paypal would get my money first

paypal is currently in the process of intergrating bitcoin for their merchants,
i would expect that in the future they will intergrate P2P between account holders.
so if paypal is using it does that change your mind?

xploder
edit on 18/12/14 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
You might want to see where bitcoin goes in th near future first....

Bitcoin market

yeah its dropping... 300 bucks a coin, down from 1300 bucks, and up from 2 bucks.

pretty sure.. you have no idea..

You're right I don't, and neither does anybody at this point. Bitcoin could go anywhere in the near future, from complete failure to the new world standard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the OP's idea and I support Bitcoin, have kept up with it closely and have invested in it handsomely. But it is complete speculation for anyone to say where it is going from this point forward. I'm concerned that if it is used for something like this and it flops completely, it will get pretty messy on ATS.

I really hope Bitcoin works out. I've handed out a lot of Bitcoin wallets for Christmas presents this year and last.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
It is quite wise to be careful of Bitcoins progress, it has been attacked and crashed a few times. I got caught up in the latest mtgox.com crash. It did provide an easy way to transact between the bank and bitcoins. Looking at their website sounds like they are looking for creditors. Not really sure what to do to make a claim so if anyone has some information about it that would be good.

i have seen a group on pay.reddit.com...
i would ask them about their group who is monitering the situation,
i know people that lost money in Bear Stearns when it collapsed,

indipendant institutions are a source of failure for any currency,
i feel 4 ya

I am not sure how it has been progressing doing all the back accounting through the Bitcoins ledger. Some unknown account owners making all the tracking and accountability difficult, otherwise appears like there is some good progress.

i hear craken has been bought in to help with liquidation and forensics.
it might take a while but you may get some answers.

i hope you recovered from your losses.

xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: XPLodER

The investigation with mtgox is still ongoing. Around April 2015 they are planning to start accepting proof of claims from the public. Currently all the bitcoin addresses are being withheld while the investigation is ongoing. url]http://qntra.net/2014/12/mtgox-bankruptcy-trustee-answers-some-questions/[/url]

Thanks for the other link, helped in finding what is going on. The investment was not a lot and can afford to lose it, I done it more for the long term. Nice to know my chance is not dead yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join