It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of a small Kazakhstan town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.news.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http ://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/residents-of-kalachi-keep-falling-asleep-and-no-one-knows-why/story-e6frfqbr-1227159898812

Found this article: Mods please delete if it's already been posted or if it's in the wrong forum.

THERE’S something really strange happening in a Kazakhstan town, residents keep falling asleep, sometimes for up to six days at a time.
Since Spring of 2013, one in 10 of the 600 villagers of Kalachi are falling asleep in broad daylight and no one seems to know why. They’ve called it a sleep epidemic with symptoms including hallucinations, dizziness, weakness and memory loss.

This town is near an old disused Uranium mine. There's speculation that water has seeped from the mine into the local water supply.
There is however, a small town that is closer to the mine with no residents reporting the phenomenon...

Interesting what could it be?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is very interesting. It almost has to be environmental, like from the water, gases, or possibly some kind of mild pathogen like could be transmitted similar to flu with various effects and durations but minimal "illness" symptoms.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There's another thread at home page

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-12-2014 by Indigent because: Evil ipad

new topics

join