It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator Tom Coburn blocks veteran suicide prevention bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

How the hell do you know?

Are you a psychologist?

22 human beings are killing themselves EVERY DAY means that whatever they are doing it ain't working

I guess you want it to get to 100 a day then maybe they might get a few dollars more?

What price do you put on a human life?

How much is one of these poor guys or gals who blow their brains out worth to you?

come on give me figure?

your so smug with human life... young brave Americans

give me a break

edit on 17-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeaay!! way to go GOP wear your patriotism on your sleeves do a photo op with the troops,talk trash about boots on the ground freedom ,democracy blah blah blah etc,but when or if they come back home mental and physically wounded,do the right thing and fukem.
Btw this remind me of them blocking funds to treat 911 first responders but were shamed by Jon Stewart and the only decent guy on FOX Shep waddever his last name is.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yet still 22 veterans kill themselves every day.

people are groping in the dark man

Some sincere people are trying to do something about it...

That's all, they aren't perfect people but to do nothing but scream orders at a bureaucracy that’s has already failed probably won't do much.

If 22 million dollars can save one human being then it’s worth it.

Yea but you got to wonder what other little add on's were on that bill. Instead of wasting 22 mil on yet another program, how about they fix the problems with the V.A.? Otherwise what is really the point? Looking like you are doing something productive is not necessarily being productive, you know? I agree something needs to be done but lets face it, a new program that overlaps with another is useless. More misspent money. Let's be honest here, it's not like Democrats are doing things out of the kindness of their hearts. A new system means more bureaucratic nonsense. More jobs for their favored donors ya know?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Willtell

Im for doing anything to help fellow vets........

But honestly what we need isnt more bills.........although I dont see whats wrong with implementing a hotline targeted for people who have been in a damn warzone......thats a whole different beast then your normal depressed teen....

What we need is to fix the damn broken VA........

Half the issue is because vets cant get the care they need when they come back because of the VA system.......

That hotline wouldnt be needed so much if we were actually taking care of them.......

That's the only thing that makes sense...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join