It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009 I went crazy, OR had immense spiritual experience of an alternate reality....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Im a Marty

originally posted by: Im a Marty
a reply to: Xtraeme

Hey Xtraeme, my wife said it was in June of 2009.

Thanks for asking.
It is probably too specific, but does she recall if happened smack middle in the month or was it late May / early June or late June / early July?

It wasn't a sudden stop, the experienced went in a sine wave... So to a positive reality, back to normal, then to a negative reality, then back to normal - all gradual.

Sounds familiar, do you remember any other changes besides seeing things differently? Anything physiological or other "abilities" or experiences in that time frame?

And yes, the meditation is supposed to make you go into alternate realities....... funny that huh.

Quite the coincidence, that's for sure. I am curious, do you remember where you found the meditation? Does this image remind you of anything by chance?

imgur.com...

First time I didn't expect something like that to work,

I expect that's true for most people. I don't think anyone is prepared for it.

what I didn't anticipate was that I would appear different to those around me, specifically looking 'sick' in the positive reality, and looking really well, in the negative reality...

Do you think you appeared different because of the things you were (or weren't) saying or was it purely because of your physical appearance? Did you have any bizarre new ideas during the experience that seemed foreign to you?

Thanks for again for being so open about what happened.
You are alright in my book.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

In my 20s for a few weeks I used some cheap oil paints that were toxic, I didn't realise until afterwards. I was painting for hours on end, not eating much drinking tea with lots of sugar. I was sleep deprived and probably anorexic as well as experiencing toxification from the oil paints. I started seeing things in brighter colours and as if they were a painting, everything I seen I imagined how I would paint it, and it looked like it was, even with brush marks. That lasted a few days until I started sleeping properly, eating and ditched those oil paints.

Another similar incident was when I was feeling allergic / intolerant to most foods and decided on the elimination process to determine if there were any reactions, until it got to all I felt okay eating was green beans. I ate those and practically nothing else for months, with olive oil, chilli, herbs but always those. Eventually I started seeing thing glowing green, especially people, the whites of their eyes glowed the most, as if they were radioactive, the tv also glowed green. That lasted a few months until I started eating other things.

Basically you might have been affected by a toxin and weren't aware of it.

YOu know, I swear I've read about nutrition changing what/how we see. Wish I could remember what it was. Either way, I do think there's a possibility we have hidden talents which are not known to us because of dietary changes. Admittedly, experimenting with diet is not something I'd want to do unless I had a much deeper knowledge.

Anyway, I think the OP should stay on the meds. I have a family friend who has schizophrenia and .... 10x better on the meds. Becomes paranoid and life is destroyed and hopeless now.. /sigh.

I'm not saying there's no possibility of detecting alternative realities or something worthwhile in all of it, but for most if not all people experiencing this they're going to be better on meds.

Also I want to add this. OP, do you see the mask or the face:
www.newscientist.com - Schizophrenics see through hollow-mask illusion...

You said Schizoaffective, so it might not be the same thing.

Wish you the best. keep on truckin!
edit on 17-12-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Over the 2 weeks I was in the psych ward, people started to look unwell again, the equipment went back to where they were before, and looked 'normal' not futuristic - nor were they toys, and my wifes hair looked normal again, no glowing of peoples eyes, and that was that. I was let go as now being stable, and have been on the same medications since.

I'm seeing this as a clue. I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I wouldn't advocate that he didn't continue taking his medication as prescribed. Just mentioning the effects toxicity could have caused.

I worked in a place for 4 years where people had all sorts of issues including mental health. I have seen and heard of things that prove that they should keep taking their medication.

There are some instances where people have been negatively affected by certain medications, some are well known from media for causing reactions but that is another matter. The correct medication under the correct circumstances is the aim for good medical practice.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Im definately not coming off my medication, its been good for the last 5 years, it is what is keeping me grounded!!!

Xtraeme,

It was after the 23rd specifically of June.... so last week of june into July.

I did not experience anything other than what I've stated, just specifics, I recall coming onto ATS and the board was looking far more advanced than what it does today.... so yep, quite odd.

The meditation is actually one developed by 'Stewart Swerdlow'. He's a supposed Montauk Boy, who has stated he's time travelled etc.... He's always called the visualisation an 'Octahedron' i found it was interesting that the images looked like the Delta T. I don't want to derail the convo discussing him, we used to be friends, but no longer.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I saw a face, then i looked again and saw a mask, then i realised it could be both/neither.

But at first glance its a face.

The inside of the mask doesn't fit because of the way the reflection is off the nose and lips, thats a giveaway that its looking at the front of a face. If the glows were different, or more shadows, then it would indicate a mask.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi Im A Marty

I am new to ATS and I came across your thread in the flagged section. I was very moved and thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience that you have bravely shared for all to read. Thank you

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I am familiar with a great deal of occult information I just chose to vector myself to defend since I'm so pissed existentially.

For instance if a psychic is near me that are bothered by what they find,not sure why ,just a knuckle dragger fot the country.

Some souls can only handle the light side of things and cannot handle the darkness that sometimes comes out as a mirror of what is around them. It is easy being in control of the self on the higher levels where the insanity of the lower levels do not exist. It is on levels like this that having control is harder when the wolves are at your heel.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The OP was quite interesting. It made me recall something i read about the Pineal Gland being capable of releasing '___' (Dimethyltryptamine). '___' is an extremely powerful hallucinogenic drug that can be much more "trippy" than '___' or Psilocybin.

Maybe your visualization caused a chronic release of '___' that lasted weeks.

ETA:
Why did the forum delete my references to D-M-T and L-S-D?
edit on 18-12-2014 by ArJunaBug because: Why did the forum delete my references to D-M-T and L-S-D?

Here is a rewrite:

The OP was quite interesting. It made me recall something i read about the Pineal Gland being capable of releasing D-M-T (Dimethyltryptamine). D-M-T is an extremely powerful hallucinogenic drug that can be much more "trippy" than L-S-D or Psilocybin.

Maybe your visualization caused a chronic release of D-M-T that lasted weeks.
edit on 18-12-2014 by ArJunaBug because: Added a rewrite

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starangel
Hi Im A Marty

I am new to ATS and I came across your thread in the flagged section. I was very moved and thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience that you have bravely shared for all to read. Thank you

You are most welcome

Its not the only experience I've shared, I've had quite the interesting experiences, some I've written in the short story section and used the basis of what I've been through as the main plot. I started an auto bio in 2006 and compiled most of my experiences in there, slowly adding as time goes. Being 35 I'm sure my life has yet to begin, so I will keep putting in there time permitting.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ArJunaBug

ArJuna,

T&C's stipulate discussion of substances is not allowed, so that is why the forum will not allow you to mention certain acronyms.

I understand what you wrote though, although but I'm not one to want to try chemically induced hallucinations, if anything it was naturally occurring from the visualization - yes.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Thats an interesting song - I know what it meant to me, but thats it, it had meaning to me, and I am sure it has meaning to others, it depends on the perspective and what emotion the listener is currently in.

For example, someone who recently had issues with their relationships - would feel a wounded heart about breaking up with their partner - something that their partner perhaps did to make them 'lose the trust'.

For me was about trusting friends, and being let down, all to know that the only people you can trust are (for me) your partner in life, which is my wife, but lacking trust of anyone else around me.... the song is constructed in such a way that it targets a wide audience, and people see what they want to see, or are closely emotionally connected to certain situations. A lot of people are going through tough breakups right now, so perhaps they would read into this.

I love Coldplay, and so does my wife, but first time I've heard this track.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarxMarvellous

Glad you're 'well'. I can't help but feel like your wife and daughter are a waste of a beautiful gift. I mean it's great that you fit in, but isn't there part of you that aches to experience something else?

You know everything that will happen in your life on meds will fall in the 0-10 range, that same range that 99.9999% of the western world experience. You could have a 0-1000000 experience or something. I mean socially accepted behavior is a joke anyway, glorified slavery. That same society you're expected to be part of condones torture, condones all sorts of other terrible things.

If you feel fine, ditch the meds, forget conforming to brainwashed standards. Be a visionary!

Hey MarxMarvellous,

Apologies I didn't address your post earlier as I want to do so now....

First off, I have gone off my medications in the last 5 years a few times, everytime I started to experience a form of agorophobia and extreme social anxiety. I couldn't step outside because I would experience a sensation of panic, for no good reason. The medication stop this, and allow me to function in normality. Because of these sorts of side effects without medications, I cannot risk putting my wife and daughter through the trauma I had done so in the past. I hope you understand what I'm saying here, its too risky.

I am however, under psychiatrist supervision able to be weened off the medication at a later date, which I think is not too far off to start to be honest, as I'm only supposed to be on these sorts of medications for 5 years straight 'max'. Again, it will be through doctors supervision, and it won't be too much of a shock to the system because I'm currently on a low dose for abilify (10mg) and pristiq (150mg). The worst part is going through depression without anti-depressants, I can deal with psychosis as usually I know I am not 100% functioning as my speech becomes slurred and feel somewhat drunk in structure of thoughts. When that occurs, I immediately seek medical help - but again, its been smooth sailing last 5 years.

Depression is the worst because it overrides my logic thinking, unfortunately how I feel matters a lot to me, I consider myself an emotionally sensitive guy, so I would rather experience a loss of reality, and emotionally sound, than a normal reality and hating it/feeling depressed about it.

Schizaffective is emotionally unstable with signs of schizophrenia, which for me was Psychosis (coming in form of delusions). I did not hear or see things that weren't there (Unless you call what I experienced in 2009 a form of this), but delusions of grandeur plus being emotionally unstable is not fun.

Medications work for me, but each to their own.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experience, your very brave to do so. In my past experience with certain chemicals that affect the brain I have also experienced the crisp vision, more vibrant colors, clear but somewhat morphed objects, and things just looking more pretty. I think, through your visualizations you may have released some chemicals that are usually regulated by our body as to not usually have this experience, such as an overload of serotonin or other chemical. And maybe why you looked so sick is because your body was in overdrive. Glad you're doing better, trust your instincts.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I do love them to.
. I like reading their lyrics. From my point of view they are filled with information.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

I do love them to.
. I like reading their lyrics. From my point of view they are filled with information.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

Yes, although I'm into EDM mostly (Electronic Dance Music), I do like the odd ballad. Wife and I enjoy 'Magic' and 'Yellow' by Coldplay. My favourite rock artist is Ed Kowalczyk from a band that used to be around in the 90's called 'Live'. Their music used to be amazing.

I like making my own music now, using software such as Ableton Live and hardware like Native Instruments Maschine MKII. For beat management etc...

Here's my most recent remix I did for a competition...

Like a Butterfly - Remixed by SiriusAnkh

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: Im a Marty
Yes its accurate, in 2001 I was drugged, and had a 3 month psychotic break.... the result was psychosis, altered beliefs, delusions of granduer etc... I am not anti-medical establishment, quite the opposite, I work well within the system, although this specific event was a little different to the previous episodes...

Do you believe that you had some sort of paranormal experience?

I do appreciate your responses. I am not judging you, far from it, I am simply intrigued.

Agent - I believe I had an experience of sorts, I don't know what sort exactly it was. It was definately un-natural to me, and I had not experienced this form before. I have had actual experiences when I did go off the rail, and I can recognise those to be different to the norm, as well as logically unsound and literally I was 'unwell'. However this particular experience, I was (or believed to) behaving like I would normally, what was disturbing for me, was no one was experiencing the 'altered' state that I was experiencing of my reality. For example my wife having her hair a little longer, she'd say it was always that length, and that she'd wear her hair differently, again, saying she regularly has her hair that way.

If by paranormal you mean 'not normal' then yes. However if its by its standard definition, then most likely no.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
A little off topic, anti-depressants have caused me to go in the opposite direction as mentioned in this article... However after getting over that hump, I look forward to waking every morning

Scientists discover why antidepressants ‘make people worse’

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Very brave to post somehing so private

As others said, could you please teach us how to access our body drugs? I'd only want it for #ahem* research.
But actually, I've experienced something similiar, just had a less loving and caring environment and no seriously altered reality, but I get the sentence with the brighter and more intense colours. Altered perception of reality and it felt and sounds a lot like the pinal gland rewards one with fancy chemicals fom time to time...
If I were you, I'd try to get rid off the medication, nothing is a solution if it's just surpression of the symptons. Not saying you should start to provoce your gland again, but maybe your "normal balance" would be back if you'd let it?
I didn't take the meds, I got over it, by focusing on books and you know, reality. Make the brain work in other parts instead of always just imagination. The hospital I was in was truly # though, bad doctors horribly dirty and overstrained carers. So if you're ever in Germany and feel the need of psychological advice or help, DON'T go to the clinicum in Taufkirchen. Unless you're looking for inspiration for a horror-thriller movie...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hey Peeple,

I hear what you're saying, and as I've said previously, its too risky to do this without doctors supervision, I've done it over the last 5 years and I experience fear in the form of anxiety and panic attacks (For no real reason other than just feeling it).

However I also stated that the medication is only meant to be used for a maximum of 5 years where the doctors recommend a tapering off and trying the 'real world' without medications.

I will look into that in the new year.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join