It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotic movies get snubbed by Hollywood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Of course there is an agenda for any awards show, especially Hollywood.

American Sniper should be amazing, but not get any awards.

Unbroken is an amazing novel and I hope the movie does it justice (Jolie, stop making it about the fact that you're directing and focus on the individual the movie is honoring!)

Lone Survivor was awesome, but it won an award for sound effects.

Give it up for Gravity! The movie with terrible physics and lots of loud breathing!!!

Lone Survivor was terrible. The high point of the film occurred in the second act not the third act where it belongs. It was all anti-climactic after that.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

I thought the movie was about Angelina Jolie directing a movie. Wow, that is all people have talked about.
edit on 17-12-2014 by fendi because: (no reason given)

But seriously, hollywood has an agenda. They are the propaganda machine. If the film isn't about what they want it to be then it will not be given a second look. Hollywood doesn't care about heroes, well...unless they were in a comic.
edit on 17-12-2014 by fendi because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by fendi because: I suck at grammer

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It just seems par for the coarse that they would ignore films that seek to honor those that protect us

Ever stopped to think they ignore those movies as most are just crap?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

It just seems par for the coarse that they would ignore films that seek to honor those that protect us

Ever stopped to think they ignore those movies as most are just crap?

Do you, hellobruce, understand that the film industry is a business? It exists to make money. IF people would pay to see a film about slugs racing they would make films about slugs racing.

Awards are supposed to be given for excellence not for political agenda. Which films do you think were award-worthy that didn't get nominated? Be specific. Tell us why they were award-worthy.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

What makes you think it is beneficial to quote an entire op just below itself?

Did you bother to read the link?

It tells of a trend where such films never have a chance.

How about backing up your claim of a trend by listing the high quality films that were not nominated in specific categories that you feel deserve to have been nominated and why?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I have found that i enjoy many movies that were never popular. Hype is a hell of a feeling and often i have rewatched movies that were popular and found that they were not as good as i thought. You are right about the agenda in that place and even on the premium channels and what they choose to rehash.

I remember the night of the furguson mess there was a one hr comic on hbo that was highlighting former such events. I was left admiring the timing in a strange way it was unbelievible.

The thing with nominiations is that one is hardpressed to find many movies that have not been up for some type of award and very often you can judge that after a certain dollar amount is spent in production then they usually get some type of nomination at the least.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hollywood is loaded with MOSSAD AGENTS, why should they do American patriotic?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Patriotic films are boring films.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I have found that i enjoy many movies that were never popular. Hype is a hell of a feeling and often i have rewatched movies that were popular and found that they were not as good as i thought. You are right about the agenda in that place and even on the premium channels and what they choose to rehash.

I remember the night of the furguson mess there was a one hr comic on hbo that was highlighting former such events. I was left admiring the timing in a strange way it was unbelievible.

The thing with nominiations is that one is hardpressed to find many movies that have not been up for some type of award and very often you can judge that after a certain dollar amount is spent in production then they usually get some type of nomination at the least.

What? I was right about what agenda? I said they don't have a political agenda. Their concern is moola. The subject was films not television. Let's stick with that. The film industry doesn't control the television industry. And let's limit award discussions to the Academy Awards because they're the biggest. Lots of money put into a film generally means good costumes, special effects, sound, etc., but does not necessarily translate to good screenplays, directing, acting or overall quality. No, most films don't get any nominations. You still haven't backed up your allegation with a list of these great patriotic films that should have won awards over the years and haven't. Please do so. Don't forget to indicate the category in which they should have won.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Ooooo who's a Mossad agent?!? I do love me a good bit of quality information so please share!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

steven spielburg of course...
thats why munich was so popular

and it was an awesome flick

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Patriotism. Governmental and dogmatic spew. And so conveniently is it wrapped in shiny bows and ribbons for mass consumption by the cloven-hooved masses by Hollywood, when they play ball with the powers.

I have no problems with the stories, if they are true, and delivered through good story telling and acting.

I do have a problem with high fiber ignorance, poorly disguised as "entertainment".

-NF

edit on 17-12-2014 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Patriotism. Governmental and dogmatic spew. And so conveniently is it wrapped in shiny bows and ribbons for mass consumption by the cloven-hooved grazers by Hollywood, when they play ball with the powers.

I have no problems with the stories, if they are true, and delivered through good story telling and acting.

I do have a problem with high fiber ignorance, poorly disguised as "entertainment".

-NF
edit on 17-12-2014 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

What makes you think it is beneficial to quote an entire op just below itself?

Did you bother to read the link?

It tells of a trend where such films never have a chance.

If I remember correctly Band of Brothers and The Pacific got wide critical acclaim. I haven't seen this movie yet so I can't offer an opinion on it, though I admit it looks good from the trailers. Flag waving with no substance doesn't make a movie worthy of awards.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Ooooo who's a Mossad agent?!? I do love me a good bit of quality information so please share![/quote

Mossad is a SECRET organization, they don't wear badges! But you can figure out what I'm saying, can't you?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

If Mossad is a secret organization, how do you know Hollywood is full of Mossad agents?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

What? I was right about what agenda? I said they don't have a political agenda. Their concern is moola. The subject was films not television. Let's stick with that. The film industry doesn't control the television industry. And let's limit award discussions to the Academy Awards because they're the biggest. Lots of money put into a film generally means good costumes, special effects, sound, etc., but does not necessarily translate to good screenplays, directing, acting or overall quality. No, most films don't get any nominations. You still haven't backed up your allegation with a list of these great patriotic films that should have won awards over the years and haven't. Please do so. Don't forget to indicate the category in which they should have won.

lol are you thick?

I said you were right about them having an agenda of money.

You highly need to put more effort in understanding people instead of going around looking for fault everywhere look for the opposite. It gets very tiresome seeing you question single parts of every post while ignoring the majority of a post.

on the previous page i admitted my bias because of Mr. Kyle being the subject of the film. Read the thread before going on about this and that. SOOOOO many posters have already pointed out that even though the movie place is left leaning many heroic films have gotten many awards.

You can take your recommendations of telling me what subjects my threads should stick too and go make an imaginary award with them. Truely it is gotten very old and tiresome having you show up on every thread acting as if you are the final say in anything. If you do not like the article linked take it up with the new york times. It has been somewhat debunked here and my part in the op certainly has been debunked.

Now we will all get a first hand account of the quality of these films when they come out and we see them for ourselves then we can truely say one way or the other if we feel they were snubbed for the wrong reasons.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot
Maybe it was just a # movie. Besides, awards and honors don't make movies good or bad.

THIS.

I don't care if a movie wins every award out there or not, it's not what makes one good. A good movie is very much subjective, and some of these award winners over the years I personally thought sucked.

Out of the entire list of Golden Globe winners, the only ones I actually thought were really good are Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Mrs Doubtfire. Of the rest, I've yet to see some, and others are either one-timers for me (no interest in seeing again) or I didn't finish because I disliked it or fell asleep during it. Just because something won an award does not make it superior.

That said, I have no interest in seeing Unbroken. Sorry, it looks like a dull stinker to me, as most bio-flicks do.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I do not know if it got an award but i seen a movie called South of Heaven West of Hell and i thought it was pretty cool

There was another movie i seen yrs ago about some guys that came into contact with some drug from another diminsion it is called John Dies at the End. I think it is a must see for ats.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

lol are you thick?

I said you were right about them having an agenda of money.

You highly need to put more effort in understanding people instead of going around looking for fault everywhere look for the opposite. It gets very tiresome seeing you question single parts of every post while ignoring the majority of a post.

on the previous page i admitted my bias because of Mr. Kyle being the subject of the film. Read the thread before going on about this and that. SOOOOO many posters have already pointed out that even though the movie place is left leaning many heroic films have gotten many awards.

You can take your recommendations of telling me what subjects my threads should stick too and go make an imaginary award with them. Truely it is gotten very old and tiresome having you show up on every thread acting as if you are the final say in anything. If you do not like the article linked take it up with the new york times. It has been somewhat debunked here and my part in the op certainly has been debunked.

Now we will all get a first hand account of the quality of these films when they come out and we see them for ourselves then we can truely say one way or the other if we feel they were snubbed for the wrong reasons.

You started this thread by making a bold claim. You posted the link and supported it. Your subsequent posts, as many of your posts are, were not very clear. Perhaps you notice me challenging a number of your ATS posts because you frequently start hit and run threads in which you make some claim you can't support. I'm not the only one who challenges your claims nor would it matter if I were. It's gotten tiresome from my point of view, too: tiresome reading posts by someone who doesn't bother to do any research or carefully formulate a position before starting a thread. If you don't want your OPs discussed and challenged,there's a way to avoid it.

edit on 18-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join