It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
I would prefer ATS did something about the horrific emoticons rather than produce videos and radios.

Oh no, zazzafrazz wont agree with you there, she loves the current emoticons, don't you zazzafrazz...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

lol LF8
I know when to stop wasting my time....

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: qmantoo

Excuse you.

I pay ALL of the costs for the radio set up out of my own pocket, at a loss and have done so for the past two years nearly. Semper has also contributed to the running as well.

It is entirely seperate from ATS

Before you sound off about things, maybe you ought to ascertain the facts.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This thread is not for complaints or what one wishes ATS to be. If you have a complaint, file one. And this thread is for what you would like to see on ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

You are 100% wrong about ATS radio and video.........It is the key to success. Look at companies like Vice news. This is what ATS needs to become to some degree.

I believe ATS needs documentary style news shows that are serious in nature. No comedy bits or jumping around all over the place. The radio shows need to find the target audience. Politics and PTB are the things many people are talking about. Keep it simple and honest.

I will give you a few good ideas for a documentary videos......Take a few ATS members out into the city by area 51 and interview the residents of the town. Or head over and interview the people protesting in Ferguson.
edit on 27-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I will give you a few good ideas for a documentary videos......Take a few ATS members out into the city by area 51 and interview the residents of the town. Or head over and interview the people protesting in Ferguson.

Who has the time and money to do such things? The media folks here all have regular jobs, and families. They volunteer the time and effort for the shows. Why don't you do such interviews and post them here, I'm sure people would watch.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Troublemaker. LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

Who has the time and money to do such things? The media folks here all have regular jobs, and families. They volunteer the time and effort for the shows. Why don't you do such interviews and post them here, I'm sure people would watch.

You are right about the money part.......Start small and build on that. Use members willing to donate some time and talents.

A Youtube series that is serious and informing. Do not go the comedy route this is not the answer. It can be added later on but if you want to be taken seriously you have to act serious. This would work and I bet investors would come a knocking if they really tried this.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm with you on the fact that ATS could be much bigger than it is.
There is a lot of potential with what ATS is and has created.

But you have to start somewhere, and well, while the site is going through financial difficulty is probably not the best time to enact such endeavors .

But I hear ya.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

ATS is a goldmine waiting to happen.

Imagine a series of well thought out video documentaries about many topics. A syndicated radio show transmitting globally. Online video debate chat groups.

A group of investigative reporters digging out stories across the globe. ATS reporters uncovering stories and others having to sight them as the source.

ATS already has reporters around the globe lying in wait. You pay them for video based stories based on hit counts. It is the future the future should be now. Also if you use this last one I would love to involved somehow. It is always good to reward ideas you profit from.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
This thread is not for complaints or what one wishes ATS to be. If you have a complaint, file one. And this thread is for what you would like to see on ATS.

That is an interesting viewpoint since it was SO who started this thread and asked for contributions, so when in your view, does a comment or an opinion become a complaint? Whoever said we are not allowed to criticise or make adverse comments about the service we are subscribing to? I am amused that some replies appear to be getting their knickers bunched-up over my comment too.

You cannot expect a request for contributions to be welcomed by everyone and those who do not welcome it are likely to have an opinion about it too. This is the whole point of a discussion forum, to discuss and debate and express opinions which do not attack the personalities involved but address the issues instead.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am using these mod tags to make it clear that I am posting as a member and not as a moderator. I don't do so often.

I don't think anyone is trying to repress your opinion. You are welcome to state what you think; in many ways that is the crux of the ATS experience.

It just all seems so basic to me. This is what I believe: Those that wish to contribute to the enhancement of the ATS experience are welcome to do so. Those that cannot or don't wish to are not considered to be lesser members. Those that think it's a bunch of BS to contribute to ATS are welcome to express their views. Life goes on. The site will prevail during future attacks, or it will not. Those who love this site hope it prevails. That's it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I don't think anyone is trying to repress your opinion. You are welcome to state what you think; in many ways that is the crux of the ATS experience.
Unfortunately, that is not true. First I had a controversial thread locked... and then after I posted another pointing to it and commenting that no-one could reply (as well as receiving private messages from others who could not) - it was deleted and moved to Trash along with a not very solid reason why it was deleted. (That companies are composed of individuals and it is against the T & Cs to attack individuals - which I did not)

I like ATS and I have posted many threads here, and generally receive useful answers and discussion so I dont have a problem with the site as such. It is a good example of an interesting set of forums. Some of the mods decisions to delete stuff I dont necessarily agree with but hey.. it is their site not mine.

However, as I said, I just questioned whether they should go to the banks for money rather then their members due to the checks and 'controls' which are needed when borrowing money from financial institutions. I also recognise that it is up to them how they run it and so I was just commenting on some things to bear in mind for those contributing, of doing it that way. As I said, I would love people to fund my playtime etc. but since not many agree with me, I guess the contribution route is OK with everyone. I have said my piece.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hows the contributor update going , also percentage raised .

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

yes, inquiring minds would like to know!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I had my AdSense account closed for clicking on my own adverts, only problem being I was in a coma when I was supposedly doing this, google didn't care. I will contribute in next few days, google are thieving scumbags.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm sure ATS will get back on it's feet, the site serves as a very active collection point.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I'm sure ATS will get back on it's feet, the site serves as a very active collection point.

You are correct ATS is getting a ton of views daily and yearly. With a little retooling and tweaking ATS could rule the internet news world. I really believe the owners have the know how and integrity to pull this off.

Imagine an event happens and you have a reporters on the ground in minutes or hours after it happens. The person who uploads the video and news story gets paid a percentage by hit count. ATS instead of CNN/FOX would be the go to place for instant reporting.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I also wanted to ask you guys did we reach the goal of paying for the new software? Last I heard we still had a little way to go.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Yeah that seems to be their favourite excuse. They shut me down for the same thing. I didn't touch them but Google's word is final.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join