It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

-nods- ..my man...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I was confused about that too. You can pay with a normal card if you hit "Donate".

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

yeah
i wonder if all those credit card logo's by the donate button gave it away

domo arigato mr robato

domo

domo

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I didn't expect to see this situation during a quick browse tonight, though now that it has befallen us, I find myself unsurprised. I have been offline a long time (no I am not new) but I was prompted to come on and voice support for the push to continue moving forward. There is a place for ATS and its collective voice continues to grow - obviously a little too much for some - I say take that as a compliment. You are all doing something right.

edit on 17-12-2014 by CoaterieSlips because: wonky format

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I don't think those were there initially but were added because some idiot asked if there were other options to pay on the first or second page of this thread. (It was me shhh).

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
I'm just catching up on this thread and haven't read all the posts yet, but, after reading page one I'd like to say thanks for the support and YES, Google is full of it.

Firefox Ditches Google

The Mozilla Foundation has opted to replace Google as the default search engine for its Firefox browser in US, China and Russia, choosing instead Yahoo, Baidu and Yandex respectively, ending its 10-year partnership with Google.

-
OBSERVATION: Giggity Giggity Giggity ... Goo-Poo ???

edit on 17-12-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Thanks Domo1. I must seem like a complete idiot, but I only see a pay now button, which takes me to the page with paypal, and a lot of credit card icons which can't be used, plus a learn more link which brings me back to the thread. :/

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You don't at all.

Can you give us a screenshot of what you see?

When I click donate the first thing that pops up are fields for entering in debit card information. Is that not happening for you?
edit on 1720141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Ohhhh.

Are you saying when you click the individual icons for the credit cards they don't do anything? I don't think they do anything. If you hit Pay Now when you're filling out the CC number it automatically chooses between them.
edit on 1720141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Done Deal

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
I have mentioned it in some of my older threads and might do a new one connecting a lot of dots - but one thing to consider is that some years back a program called InfraGard that essentially made private corporations equal to Federal law enforcement agencies was created - a partnership between big business and the FBI.

Some tidbits here

What we could be watching is a Corporate sponsored cyberwar with government agencies acting as contractors - rather than the usual paradigm of it being the other way around.

You are talking about cyber criminal profiteers. It's like doing the pools already knowing the results/AKA what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think Google and THEM!
have played a bad hand with this.
this will make more people wake up to whats going one.

this is a government attack on freedom.
using site attacks DOS and puling adds.

if you google ATS.
this site is ninth on the list.
No way are Tyres fitters and the
Auxiliary Territorial Service.
oh! its gone up 3 in the last hour?
they must be watching ATS!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes I get that, but it is a huge field that asks for me to make a password?

It is when I choose to pay by card, then it opens up below and has the heading create a new paypal account...I don't want a paypal account :/

edit on 17-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: incorrect information

edit on 17-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I promised to help when you asked earlier, and I did keep that promise.
Just not under my username or email address you have.
Just wanted to let you know I kept my earlier promise.

Good riddance to advertisers who want to dictate your/our content.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: soficrow

Sadly Google is already a monopoly and just as strong and getting stronger. I knew that when one of my favorite software that used to keep track of many searching engines in the net. suddenly was shut down and all the engines only showed google links, then I found out that they had bought most of big ones and the rest were killed.

This happen early this year, the internet will never be the same ever again when only one big name controls everything.

Ahhh. Now I understand. [Bad swear words.] ....Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Huh. Give me like 30 minutes if no one else responds. I'm running to the store and will pick up a card to donate with. I'm weird about my debit card after some recent issues. OK maybe 40 minutes.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Any help you can give is appreciated, that goes for anyone else who can help .

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In the big picture of ATS, I'm not much - just a member who was asked to, and accepted to help keep the boards sane. I love to write and do so frequently - sometimes well and sometimes tragically NOT well. ATS has given me a place to vent that urge and for that I am forever and eternally thankful.

This thread seems the proper place to say the things I wish to say.

Some of you reading this have become very good friends here and even in less anonymouse places on the 'Net. Some of you are people who I have debated with to the point where I wanted to pull teeth from my head. Over the years most of you have also become highly respected friends.

Many of you are people I know in a way without you even realizing it. I've read your stories and your posts. I've shared your pains and your victories - all mostly in silence and from the other side of a screen. I'm guessing that is a two way street.

What I am getting at is that this is a community like no other. I've been online for decades and have never had a place like this - where the people and the site itself meant so much to me. This is my home. This is our home.

So on a personal level I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for the incredible journey you've allowed me to have here. ATS will survive and flourish. I am positive of this. And, as it does, I am sure I will still be here, writing threads that are about a thousand words too long and will still be trying to compensate for that by adding banners and pictures in hopes that I can keep a readers interest long enough for them to reach the end of my OP. ( An arduous task with my verbosity, I know ).

You are amazing people - all of you - whether you donate or not is irrelevant to my feelings and sentiment. I've just had a couple of days to realize how much all of this means to me - and you're all directly the reason it does.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you ATS - for being you.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Dammit man, somebody pass the kleenex.

Very well said sir, very well said.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

To you Heff, & all the other Mods & Admin who make this possible...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I hope that you, and the very many others just like you, continue to have a home. I for one need a place to get in from the storm, and ATS has been that for me, for many years longer than my profile may suggest. Thank you, and all those like you, for giving people like me a place in the world where we can learn, and teach what we know or even think we know. A place where people will LISTEN!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join