It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posts #AskACop-Hillarity Ensues

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If we saw the real stats, where the police had X number of watches or patrols with no incidents or where they helped and protected and basically did the majority part of their jobs and never fired a shot compared to what the media has taken to shoving in our faces to rile people up, it would probably look something like this...

Where are these stats and why aren't the police unions and community liaisons putting those out there just as loudly?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: newsoul
My husband goes to training several times a year. I am sure other states send their officers just as frequently.

So then you do see the benefit of ongoing training.

I feel that any occupation can realize improved results in their performance by participating in continued training as new methods or techniques are developed.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: newsoul
a reply to: Monger

That's great. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you to respect a policeman for their "uniform" or their badge. I'm pretty sure my point was clear, maybe you should read it again.

When my husband gets home from his 12 hour shift I might just lick his boots, thanks for the suggestion.

21 years and this is the respect that they get for putting their lives on the line every day. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh boohoo. There is no law saying I have to respect or thank a police officer for what he is doing. Your husband signed up to be a police officer knowing full well what he was getting into, and if he didn't he damn well should now after 21 years on the force.

I used to be in the Army, I don't demand respect for that. It's nice when I receive it, but I knew what I was getting into when I signed up and I'm ok with that.

One more thing. As long as the war on drugs continues, the police don't get my thanks. How many people has your husband arrested for just using drugs?
edit on 22-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hey Al Sharpton I have a question.

why is it racist people always point to other racist on the other side of the fence for justification of their racism?

if i hear someone else say " well why doesn't AL sharpton-" WHO GIVES A # WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.

most black people are shot in predominately black communities just like most white people are shot in predominately white communities

Do you have a source for that or do you just repeat it cuz it sounds right? because last time i check there is no statistical data on who cops shoot and where, or how often.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

mostly because he is the nations most visible race baiter.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

...Is.. Is that a twerking gorilla...?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: newsoul

You can lick their boots if that makes you feel good. Personally, I respect those who earn it. A jaunty policeman costume and a shiny badge doesn't earn my respect.

I can't believe you posted this, to the wife of an officer.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

don't judge me.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: newsoul

You can lick their boots if that makes you feel good. Personally, I respect those who earn it. A jaunty policeman costume and a shiny badge doesn't earn my respect.

I can't believe you posted this, to the wife of an officer.
It seems concepts such common human decency are difficult to grasp when you're angry at something you don't have the power to change on your own.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

don't judge me.

I love it. I nearly spit coffee all over my monitor.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It'll probably okay. She is more familiar with the reality and the truth of it all than an ignorant poster is.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wish you a very Merry Christmas, and your loved one who is LOA a very safe shift always.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

They go out of their way to hire low IQ cops that is why.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join