It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posts #AskACop-Hillarity Ensues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The cycle of distrust pushes more and more good officers out of the force every day. So why then is this cycle perpetuated?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Because it is easier to point out the problem (which perpetuates it) than to actually address the underlining causes of why it is occurring and then try to fix it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Again, I agree with you. There are number of things that could be done to work on resolving the problem, on both sides of the issue. One would be more police accountability. Body cams being mandatory, etc. Another would be community programs in minority neighborhoods which would promote learning and development, while at the same time trying to marginalize those that perpetuate the culture of gangs and violence that seems prevalent among minority youth.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
yuk. these losers will be the first to cry for more cops when they get mugged and there's no one there to help them.

They already don't come

Starting this week, Chicago police are changing their responses to 911 calls. They’ll no longer come right away to reports of things like criminal damage to property, vehicle thefts, garage burglaries, or other crimes in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, and the victim isn’t in immediate danger.

Link

So No, I'll only #askacop if I need someone killed.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I'd rather just stop with the criminalizing of morality that causes gang culture and disrespect to the police in the first place. Why are all these extra measures necessary when the solution is obvious and staring everyone in the face?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I didn't see any blanket hatred...

I saw a group of people having a laugh at a few humerous tweets.

Maybe you should read the trend because a few of them should actually be discussed, such as all the "suicides" by people in handcuffs...

Or the woman cuffed sitting down receiving a kick to the face from an oh so helpful officer.

As a Muslim, everyday on this website some asshat says "why don't Muslims speak out and do something"...
Then the intelligent members of ATS attempt to enlighten people to the fact that we do condemn what is happening...

& the same is happening with the Police...
Silly fools say "why not speak up about it"...
Then people like myself come to your defence & say you cannot judge all by the minority...

With that said it doesn't change the fact there is extremist Muslims.
Nor does it change the fact that there is over-zealous extremist cops.

& to ignore either of these subjects because some people find it offensive is the next step to living in a society that is ruled & controlled by people of that Nature.
edit on 17-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
yuk. these losers will be the first to cry for more cops when they get mugged and there's no one there to help them.

So much THIS.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Because the obvious solution isn't easily attainable, or even wanted right now, sadly.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

ANNNNND we've come full circle.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Indeed we have. Funny, that.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I disagree.

You might think authoritarians are most afraid of violent opposition. They are not. What is the most damaging to an Authoritarian and their ego?

Public ridicule.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

History would show that public ridicule of an Authoritarian figure or group results not in change, but rather the swift and decisive movements of that figure or group to silence the voice. Look to North Korea for the most recent example, or the Nazi regime in it's infancy if you prefer a more historical bent.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

this man was drunk, disobedient, and was carrying a loaded weapon....police dealt with him accordingly.....result?...hint: he was white....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

History would show that public ridicule of an Authoritarian figure or group results not in change, but rather the swift and decisive movements of that figure or group to silence the voice. Look to North Korea for the most recent example, or the Nazi regime in it's infancy if you prefer a more historical bent.

Exactly right! In 10 years the US will be a fascist state, with private prisons filled to overflowing, political detainment camps and a population living in fear of the military force once known as law enforcement. All according to plan.

Soon look for video or recording any LEO to be a felony; coming under the catchall "interfering with an officer"...

Think I'm over reacting? Time will tell....
edit on 17-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I think that pretty soon there is going to be a civil war much like Whites & Blacks versus Whites for equal rights, only this time, it's going to be Civilians and Cops versus crooked cops/authority.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Maybe a little. People were predicting your "Prison America" Scenario when Bush Jr. took office, and that never came to fruition. A little dose of optimism is never a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
www.salon.com...

this man was drunk, disobedient, and was carrying a loaded weapon....police dealt with him accordingly.....result?...hint: he was white....

this woman was caught shoplifting............ police dealt with her accordingly.........result? hint:she was black
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Maybe a little. People were predicting your "Prison America" Scenario when Bush Jr. took office, and that never came to fruition. A little dose of optimism is never a bad thing.

Well, we now have the largest prison population of any developed nation. Seems the prediction of 'prison America' is here and thriving. That is one of the details I base my futurist predictions on; along with the militarization of law enforcement; this trend will only increase along with corporate prisons.... What do you think the ultimate conclusion will be? Safety and freedom or tyranny? welcome to 1984.

thinkprogress.org...

Optimism...or ignoring the obvious.

edit on 17-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What you say may be true.
Nevertheless, this tactic can be very effective at revealing their true nature and drawing them out of their comfort zone. I believe it was effective in this case. 21st century graffiti and it needs to continue all day every day. Not as sophisticated as Orwell and Huxley but who is to judge those that feel compelled to resist in their own small ways.

One of the predictable counter moves will be to target dissent by use of the illegal, illegitimate surveillance state and it's army of thugs. It's already starting. Local police with DHS/FBI supplied social media profiles in cruisers. Names, addresses, license#s' I'm a potential target and accept that.

Any comments by LEO's on this site about being so fed up, they will lay down their arms, is complete rubbish. This is a ruse. The idea that they get their feelings hurt when citizens withdraw consent is ridiculous. They are training to suppress dissent and equipping as occupiers. If more people would recognize this, total implosion of this society might be avoided.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It isn't the publics job to be thankful for them?? Really?? They pull people from burning cars that are smashed beyond recognition. They rush to help women who are being beaten half to death by their too drunk, too stoned, too stupid boyfriends/husbands/baby daddy's. They are the first one in the room when you call the police and tell them that you heard a gunshot from your childs bedroom. And you think that we shouldn't be thankful to them? Have you ever done CPR on a dead baby? Have you ever, ever scaped brains off of your clothes after leaving a suicide??

People like you are exactly what is wrong in this world today. No respect. No respect. No respect. If the police tell you to stop, STOP. Don't run from the police. Don't try to steal the policemans gun. Don't try to beat the policeman to death. Its really just common sense, and apparently no one has any left. We have no respect, no common sense. I just want to know who is going to help us when the police just walk away. I would walk away. Ungrateful bastards, that what we have become. And we deserve exactly what we get in the longrun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join