It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That's cool. Though, I don't take anything NK says or does seriously. They wouldn't be able to threaten mainland America in any conceivable sense regardless of what Kimmy thinks or does. The only place they could lash out against would be South Korea, and if they did that, they'd restart the Korean War, which would pretty much guarantee that North Korea wouldn't exist anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Let's hope your OPINION is correct. I will not bother to ask for sources since any means that they have to attack us would be unknown to us givin that we seem to be banking on things we think we know. imo The fuse has been lit and most are not aware of the potential that is at play here. They seem to be taking it very seriously.

As far as you asking for sources erlier of gov. influence in the movie industry i feel that you are smart enough to realize that under current laws enacted since 911 such info will not be avaidable to the public unless it serves the betterment of the nation as a whole. The evidnce is overwhelming though. I cited the example of chuck and the dating game and ask you now why the us would not continue to have such influence in hollywood. i think we can both agree that agencies of the gov. that are doing their job well would have deep roots in such and would not be known unless they were done. By thinking the gov. does not monitor and influence holywood you are point toward them agencies being ineffective and overall that does not seem to be the case.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Let's hope your OPINION is correct. I will not bother to ask for sources since any means that they have to attack us would be unknown to us givin that we seem to be banking on things we think we know. imo The fuse has been lit and most are not aware of the potential that is at play here. They seem to be taking it very seriously.

I find that most of what we "know" about the enemy is a lie and that most of the time aren't doing anything we think they are doing. Look at the USSR during the Cold War. All this propaganda about the Iron Curtain and what they will do and are capable of, then it turns out they were leaking money like a sieve and ended up bankrupt and a shattered country. All without our help.

As far as you asking for sources erlier of gov. influence in the movie industry i feel that you are smart enough to realize that under current laws enacted since 911 such info will not be avaidable to the public unless it serves the betterment of the nation as a whole. The evidnce is overwhelming though. I cited the example of chuck and the dating game and ask you now why the us would not continue to have such influence in hollywood. i think we can both agree that agencies of the gov. that are doing their job well would have deep roots in such and would not be known unless they were done. By thinking the gov. does not monitor and influence holywood you are point toward them agencies being ineffective and overall that does not seem to be the case.

This sounds like a cop out. For one I never gave my opinion on if I believed you or not. I just demanded to see these sources that make you so sure it is true. But if these sources don't exist, then you aren't sure at all. You have just convinced yourself that your suspicions are true. Your suspicions may yet be the case, but it certainly doesn't mean you should be saying it is without the evidence.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear the theater capitulated to this group.They just caved so easily.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
heard on the news on the way home that all 5 of the major theater chains are not going to show the movie or are putting if off for a later date. that is pretty sad.

also during the same news the FBI said that they did not think the threat to be credible.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I find that most of what we "know" about the enemy is a lie and that most of the time aren't doing anything we think they are doing. Look at the USSR during the Cold War. All this propaganda about the Iron Curtain and what they will do and are capable of, then it turns out they were leaking money like a sieve and ended up bankrupt and a shattered country. All without our help.

This sounds like a cop out. For one I never gave my opinion on if I believed you or not. I just demanded to see these sources that make you so sure it is true. But if these sources don't exist, then you aren't sure at all. You have just convinced yourself that your suspicions are true. Your suspicions may yet be the case, but it certainly doesn't mean you should be saying it is without the evidence.

You claim a cop out because i will not provide sources for such. You are being intellectually dishonest to ats and dragging everyone down a notch by ignoring reality.

The claim that hollywood is seperate from gov. influence in movies is absurd.

i hate to be so rude here but come on man

The fcc is just one example of the influence

They have not ever been totally free to put whatever they choose in films and in this day and age everything has to be approved.

The gov. even tells us what terms we can call things.

Now it should not be too hard to see that a current leader being specifically named in a real film and being killed is something new and the assumption that they have kept such out of movies till now is not hard to see for most. By your own examples it looks like they opened the door with cartoons depicting such.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
News alert right now saying IT WAS NORTH KOREA.

Stay tuned to the news.

CNN: U.S. to Name North Korea as Source of Sony Hack
edit on 17-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
Thanks for your words of encouragement. Approx 50% of us think this way still, but we the idiots keep electing boot lickers. Our gubment should have encouraged the showing of the movies and issued a statement to NK that if anything happens they will be the next country we bomb back to the stone age. Getting sick of my wimpy leaders who lack the huevos to stand up to anyone. We have become just like France. At least if I were there I could get a decent cup of coffee and enjoy some scenery.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

my money was on iran being hired

it is odd how a country that denies to it's brightest collage students that the internet exist could pull it off.

however even though they do not use the internet they still study computers much

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The second they made it about a movie.

And that warning about 'greed'.

The 9-11 style threats.

it was only North Korea.

You don't see 'terrorist's coming.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
this will nonetheless do wonders for the DVD sales. silver linings and all that

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sony Pictures has cancelled the planned US release on 25 December of the film The Interview, after major cinema chains decided not to screen it.

The film is about a fictional plot to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Hackers have already carried out a cyber attack on Sony and warned the public to stay away from cinemas screening the film.

Earlier, the New York premiere of The Interview was cancelled. Sony says it understands its partners' decision.

However, in a statement it said it was "deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie".

"In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release," it said.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

My husband said the exact thing.

Too bad they didn't think before they made the movie....just a bad idea from the start.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one (seems I spend a lot of time on this fence).

There's a reason fictional works don't often use real names. Sure, he's a public figure and the butt of a lot of jokes anyway, but the blowback we've seen so far, even before it's official release, could be only the tip of the iceberg. Heaven forbid if some of these threats were carried out or someone were to really assassinate him.

So I think they were kind of dumb of them to make the movie using a real person as the target. And while I don't like the fact that we caved to the threats, what if they were carried out and people got killed?

This is another one of those no-win situations where all we can do now is mitigate the risk, and if that means looking weak, oh well. Looking weak doesn't always mean you are weak.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I honesty don't get the beef with Sony.

Between the Red Dawn remake, and the Australian flick Tomorrow When the War Began.

North Korea was the belligerent in both,and who the hell can forget Team America.
edit on 17-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

and again, there used to be films depicting the killing of hitler, when he was still alive, and south park was a while back, and didn't they go after kim jong il in "team america"?

it's nothing new, or unprecedented...but most importantly of all, it's SATIRE...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

COMMONERS don't use the internet....the ruling class though.....that's another story..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

i don't see a problem with them making it though...honestly, what's the big deal? it's a movie...it's a comedy..

the only reason these morons have their panties in a bunch over it, is because they're under the mistaken impression that doughboy is some kind of living god....

the whole goddamn country is delusional..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Looking weak doesn't always mean you are weak.

in this case, it means exactly that...

if we are going to allow a handful of deluded morons from another country dictate to us what movies we can and can't watch, IN THIS COUNTRY, then we are UBER weak...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

and again, there used to be films depicting the killing of hitler, when he was still alive, and south park was a while back, and didn't they go after kim jong il in "team america"?

it's nothing new, or unprecedented...but most importantly of all, it's SATIRE...

As i stated in another post when you look at every single leader depicted as being killed on film now they are all dead.

If you watch such films with the volume off then words like satire go out the window.

That is all the rational a person such as nk's leader would need to consider nuking the world his last action.
edit on 17-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join