It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy It's all just like the script of a crappy Hollywood movie!

spot on. all the world's a stage etc...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

pretty crappy times we live in if a movie puts everyone in danger
would you agree?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Honestly the only reason I wanted to see this movie is because Seth Rogan and Franco are hilarious. This movie looks hilarious. I could care less about Kim Jong whatever. #...half the people that would see this movie probably dont even know that he is a real person of NK. In reality there are multiple failures.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

pretty crappy times we live in if a movie puts everyone in danger

would you agree?

It is a matter of perspective. When we see the powers that have guided us to these days begin to pull stunts like portraying the attempted killing of a national leader that is when i say that those powers that lead us are steering us into shat. All they would have had to do is change the names a bit in the film. If you search and you may already be aware but our gov. does and has for a long time had serious say in content matters in the film industry. I take this film as a statment from our gov to nk.

take the hbo series vice for instance. They are strictly bound by certain policy guidelines in their documenteries and manage to give some good real world reporting and now this film will hurt their ability to report in parts of the world because other leaders view hollywood as a group and not individuals. The truth is that we know nothing of nk true weaponry but that they can produce electric on levels that are eaqual to our nuclear program. There is no other originization that we know less about than nk. Yes it is dangerous now.

We view all their way of life through our modern eyes and label them as crazy. If their is one thing i know about it is crazy and their is much ignored reality that the world can not explain in the land of crazy.

eta
It should be noted that NK does not have internet. Iran does have internet and has much reason to attack the internet because of the stuxnet virus. It would not take much to get the two on the same side.
edit on 17-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Maybe we're being led to believe that the new supposed axis power is evil and thus our own beloved powers are trying to use that as an excuse to get us under tighter, international "rights to corporate profit" laws.
- Er. No sorry, I mean "Measures to protect infrastructure from terroristic hackers"

Could we be seeing a false flag and a patriot act 2.0 if the U.S. credibility, occupying corporates and dollar loses stability? Are we seeing the stage set for laws that can silence and remove any critics to an empire be it copyright claims or financial, but one in shambles?

Sure is interesting times in world events right now. The very "rights" to corporations are being questioned, and the legitimacy of such a thing as "international law".

What's their goal?

Defame hackers, glorify the right to hypocrisy in secrecy. &
Enact tighter controls on the free flow of information on the net?

Or is Russia/China playing through North Korea as a sock puppet to entertain their new BRICS threat to the Dollar Empire and all the corporations who suckle on western finance as well? Russian intelligence might be saying, well, if you're going to isolate and sanction us, then your laws mean nothing to us and so we'll make a mockery of those corporations. It's so very possible that Russia may be responsible for the Sony hacks as well.

But the great big playbook of world elite is to never waste a good opportunity. Sony has been lobbying to push new legislation for a while now as well. U.S. intelligence of course wants to justify spying and massive controls on information as any good intelligence agency would, this could also be a temporary alliance with Sony and U.S. to push for a similar goal.

There are some of my thoughts and theories on these events
My synopsis might be wrong, but I'm interested to find out what's behind these world events

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

And with that the terrorist have won.

Yep, that is pretty much how I feel about it.
By not showing the film they are giving in, that sucks.

I say mass produce the movie for free and give the world a copy, just out of spite...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

And with that the terrorist have won.

Yep, that is pretty much how I feel about it.

By not showing the film they are giving in, that sucks.

I say mass produce the movie for free and give the world a copy, just out of spite...lol

Giving in to what exactly?
Do you really believe that there is nothing we can't say or do to other countries that will not provoke a response?
We have to have lines when dealing with everyone even if we do not agree with them or are their enemies.
In order to maintain the status que we have certain responsibilities and when we upset the balance then it has always cost human lives.
Just do not pretend as if they started anything here. Clearly this is not part of sop for either side.
Hollywood is looking to gain more ground over what they can do and say in films and it is niave to think they will not get a response.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I guess you could read that into the movie or whatever. I just see it as a few movie makers and actors making a comedy while using their freedom of speech to create something that may upset some people in the world. Believe it or not such actions still DO happen.

ETA: I think it is nice that there are still comedians who are willing to push the envelope of what is considered acceptable. Some of the best comedy is stuff that go against societal norms (most notably satire).
edit on 17-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There used to be tons of movies just like that during WWII.

Modern movies related to this subject re WWII: Valkyrie, Inglorious Basterds, to name a few

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

There used to be tons of movies just like that during WWII.

I do not know if you ment to but you hit the nail. It is pure WAR PROPAGANDA and only brings us closer to a ww.
Personally i love to watch rogan and crews films but that is because i supported mj legalization in some areas. I do not support ww3 yet.
Let's be honest those films influence society much and alphabet agencies could only wish to have such effect. That is if they do not already via such means.

I just thought of a movie that killed off a sitting world leader (at the time) in the pursuit of comedy.

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut killed off Sadam Hussein.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Personally, regardless of the arguments for or against free speech, I think it is very bad form to make a movie about killing a real life living person. Dictator or not. They could have used a fictional dictator and then it may have been funny, but the fact they made it about a fictional attempt to kill a real living person makes the entire concept of the movie unfunny and unwatchable, to me. I wouldn't go see it and I am glad that some theatres are choosing not to show it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I guess you could read that into the movie or whatever. I just see it as a few movie makers and actors making a comedy while using their freedom of speech to create something that may upset some people in the world. Believe it or not such actions still DO happen.

So are you aware that the gov. has been having much say in what hollywood can and can not put in their movies and now all the sudden something that has been forbidden for years is allowed. It is a regulated industry and the regulations were just changed or someone decided to look the other way. Freedom of speech has not been unregulated in the movie industry in yrs so that argument is false.

**opinion** the gov has used the tele to steer us for generations and now are blatently stirring the pot. Such films lke rosewater by stewart are poking the enemies in the face. Their is no reason that an effective letter agency would not use shows to gather and spread info. I believe it started with the dating game. It would be highly ignorrant not to use the likes of rogan and crew to push an agenda.

eta south is very funny indeed. it is a cartoon but did hit the box office.
Are you trying to say that hollywood is not controlled and that this new movie did not cross unwritten but enforced lines? I believe the reason for not crossing lines is to not cause trouble.

In the case of obl they knew that he died in o1 and his double lived in the same two story house for yrs prior to his doubles death and the need for national attention garnered by hi death. Also most of all he was not a real leader of a country. The example you raise shows a clear path of gov. intervention in tv. Just look how they had to black out big mo in that one episode.

eta
lol i pulled a reverse cheney
Yes hussian was killed in a movie prior to his death. Not long after that we had the worst terror attack in modern history on us soil. it was a cartoon and not as serious as this movie. imo

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
So are you aware that the gov. has been having much say in what hollywood can and can not put in their movies and now all the sudden something that has been forbidden for years is allowed. It is a regulated industry and the regulations were just changed or someone decided to look the other way. Freedom of speech has not been unregulated in the movie industry in yrs so that argument is false.

Source?

**opinion** the gov has used the tele to steer us for generations and now are blatently stirring the pot. Such films lke rosewater by stewart are poking the enemies in the face. Their is no reason that an effective letter agency would not use shows to gather and spread info. I believe it started with the dating game. It would be highly ignorrant not to use the likes of rogan and crew to push an agenda.

OR and this may be just crazy, but I'm going to put it out there anyways, a duck is just a duck.

ETA:

eta south is very funny indeed. it is a cartoon but did hit the box office.
Are you trying to say that hollywood is not controlled and that this new movie did not cross unwritten but enforced lines? I believe the reason for not crossing lines is to not cause trouble.

I'm not saying anything. YOU are saying these things, though I haven't seen you post any evidence to back it up.

In the case of obl they knew that he died in o1 and his double lived in the same two story house for yrs prior to his doubles death and the need for national attention garnered by hi death. Also most of all he was not a real leader of a country. The example you raise shows a clear path of gov. intervention in tv. Just look how they had to black out big mo in that one episode.

They weren't forced to black out Mohammad, the network did it to them without their consent and Matt Stone and Trey Parker were justifiably pissed. While on the subject of Trey and Matt, they also made Team America: World Police which painted Kimmy's father as a cockroach.

eta
lol i pulled a reverse cheney
Yes hussian was killed in a movie prior to his death. Not long after that we had the worst terror attack in modern history on us soil. it was a cartoon and not as serious as this movie. imo

Are you seriously trying to say that the South Park movie caused 9/11? Because that is ridiculous. 9/11 was planned out YEARS before the movie came out.

And this movie is a comedy as well. It isn't serious either. Have you SEEN Rogan's films before? They are ALL absurd. They are pretty much all about putting two slacker, stoner types (usually Rogan and Franco) into extremely dangerous situations with a lot of slapstick and violence. The only thing separating them from being a cartoon is that they are live action, but all the elements of cartoonishness are there.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Now here's a long shot hypothesis-Someone inside Sony is doing this to clear out some of the management they don't like,wind up a few actors,and make "the interview" break box office records.

I'm not sure that theory is such a long shot. Been thinking that way myself. Could be someone from animation/cgi who has access to their system.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bunch of pansies.

Seriously ?

They need to grow a backbone.

Anyone remember that ATS thread with that video made by North Korea nuking US?

I forgot it's name.

Here it is:

GD HYPOCRITES!
edit on 17-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I just thought of a movie that killed off a sitting world leader (at the time) in the pursuit of comedy.

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut killed off Sadam Hussein.

In the movie King Ralph, the entire royal family (as in ALL of them) get electrocuted to death in a freak accident brought about by negligence on the part of a Photographer...

I didnt see Britain get pissy about it to America, I personally find this particular news story funny... is it good taste, not really, but the one thing ive always considered sacred to our way of life is the ability to mock (even to the point of doing stuff like in this film) our leaders.

Just goes to show NK doesnt understand that... then again there leadership is purely held together by a lie and fear, anything even something stupid can be a threat to the stability for them.

Sad really, wont see the film myself, but I think they have every right to make the film and they have every right to have it played.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Exactly. Artists like to push people's buttons. That is how some of the best and most timeless art is created (though, unfortunately for them, it tends to make them unpopular in life).

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Guys, guys. We're thinking about this all wrong. These are literally empty threats. 9/11 style attacks on EVERY theatre that plays the movie? That sounds absurd.

There are thousands of theatres across the States. No terrorist organization is going to get away with stealing thousands of PLANES. Planes are REQUIRED, as they threatened 9/11 style attacks.

I'm also pretty sure the amount of theatres outnumbers the amount of members in the GOP.

This is fear mongering at its finest and people without common sense are falling for it.
edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01412k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I highly doubt there was any real existing threat to anybodies security.... but if you are in the position to deicde wether you want to risk it or not, how would you react?
The problem, if something happens, you are screwed.
Everybody will point at you and say that there was a warning and you should have listened.
I guess the threat is non-existent, but you never now which psychos might want to jump on that and really do something?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think all of you agree that the leader of nk is crazy.

Now look at it from the pov of someone who you believe is crazy.

from all the examples you all have provided of living leaders being killed in films they are all dead now.

To a crazy person that tells them that their fate is sealed inside a film.

That puts their back against the wall and forces their hand to stop it or accept their percieved fate.

Just because you write it off does not mean they do.

Just because you think hollywood is not monitered and steered does not make it so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join