It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia heading into economic disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Great! Lets back the Bear into a corner an poke him with a sharp stick. Jeez what da yah thinks gonna happen? MORONS!

For twenty years we have been feeding the bear and now its getting greedy and stupid. Let's hope we don't have to put it down.

Put it down? I wouldn't be so cavalier about the potential of "noookler whar" (ala dubyah).

Do you really believe that Russia is capable of delivering on its nuclear threats?

No doubt. They are as capable as the U.S, Israel and Britain. It is a political option. Israel even call it the Samson Option.

This is real folks. The nuclear option is a military option with all the nuclear nations. It is the last resort when all hope of withstanding invasion and attack is lost.

The emphasis being on "political option." The oligarchs and apparatchiks surrounding Putin do not want to see their power base destroyed in a global holocaust. Putin can be replaced.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is nothing more dangerous than a wounded Animal!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Very astute. I guess that is a real enough scenario.

Judas is everyman when the rewards are high enough in the world of politics and business.

Sometimes I wonder if is a case that Mr Putin has fallen out with the Rothschilds, lol, just like Tsar Nicholas II. just like Hitler...and so on.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the OP is way off base on his post.

originally posted by: Thebel
Today Russia's Central Bank has raised interest rates by 6,5 to 17% in hopes of preventing rouble collapse.

This happened several days ago

The rouble is currenly in steep freefall because of western sanctions and plummeting oil prices.

The past couple days huge loss in the Ruble has nothing to do with Oil prices or sanctions which haven't changed over the couple days in question.

Higher interest rates usually attract foreign investors.

No, higher rates attract citizens to save money in banks. Foreign investors are attracted by government policies making investment more profitable. Foreign investors don't open accounts in Russian banks to get higher interest rates.

Obama signed more sanctions to Russia, but there is huge risk that it will hurt western countries too.

The bill in question does NOT apply new sanctions. it AUTHORIZES the president to apply sanctions in the future given certain conditions. Those sanctions will not impact western countries while a Russian response to them might.

By these sanctions its hoped that Putin is overthrown, but if not, it will be disaster for the whole World.

No sanction has ever targeted Putin directly or demanded his removal from government. There is no 'disaster' for the whole World because another sanction has been authorized by Congress.

Moscow will probably pump more and more money to military industrial complex to keep employment high artificially and to prepare for further confrontation.

Moscow will have the option to spend it's limited resources how it feels best, as always. If it believes a military confrontation is best then that's how they'll spend their money.

This could lead to deadly implications, the oil rich regions of Russia may decide that they are better off going alone.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any region of Russia is considering breaking away from the central government. This is pure fantasy talk.

It shouldn't take long before people realize how bad the situation is and revolt against Putin.

There are ZERO signs of Russians revolting against Putin. In fact, his popularity is extraordinarily high right now despite the recent trouble in the Russian economy.

This OP is wildly posting fanciful thoughts. I'd suggest readers consider other sources of information.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Putin may control all of the media but I am sure that many Russians have access to the western msm and have a better understanding about their own borders and history so are probably making up their own minds . Now as it seems that the USD was going to be the world currency or at least that was the hope it now seems that it will have to be one of many currencies because of what is and has been happening with other countries not wanting to be subjected to currency manipulation that has been shown to have happened under the present regimes in the west .

Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski has stated that because of the worlds populaces becoming politically aware this past century it is no longer possible . I think that China as well as Russia understands this and have worked together with others to bring about a economy that they can work within . For instance " The latest, spectacular "Exit South Stream, Enter Turk Stream" Pipelinistan gambit will be sending big geopolitical shockwaves all across Eurasia for quite some time. This is what the New Great Game in Eurasia is all about."http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/CEN-01-081214.html

Or we might want to think about some news that we don't see in western msm such as . "Besides the nicely packaged Kathmandu Declaration, the summit's only achievement appears to have been an agreement
signed by the eight member states on power generation, transmission and trade projects, while two other agreements on roads and railway infrastructures could not be signed. Historically the perennial friction between the two nuclear powers - India and Pakistan - has been the main obstacle in making SAARC an effective organization and this summit was no different." www.atimes.com...

This is another small but piece of a larger puzzle . "On the morning of November 29, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi began a tour of the northeastern region of India, he tweeted of how he was eagerly looking forward to attending a wide variety of programs and connecting with the people. InvokingVaastushastra (the Indian traditional system of harmonizing energies for architecture) to highlight the importance of the northeast wing of a house for the prosperity of its occupants, Modi dreamt big for the region as India's gateway to Asia in the 21st 'Asian Century".

In a whirlwind tour covering Assam, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura, the prime minister coined a new acronym: NEZ, or Natural Economic Zone, and called for the region to be developed through economic corridors to Southeast Asia. Modi announced a slew of much needed projects including scholarships for students, a national sports university, agricultural colleges, upgraded power and digital connectivity and new railway lines." www.atimes.com...

But this piece will show what the plan is and who will be involved if they choose to and I believe that Russia will be a important player for the plan to work . "November 18, 2014: it's a day that should live forever in history. On that day, in the city of Yiwu in China's Zhejiang province, 300 kilometers south of Shanghai, the first train carrying 82 containers of export goods weighing more than 1,000 tons left a massive warehouse complex heading for Madrid. It arrived on December 9.

Welcome to the new trans-Eurasia choo-choo train. At over 13,000 kilometers, it will regularly traverse the longest freight train route in the world, 40% farther than the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway. Its cargo will cross China from East to West, then Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, France, and finally Spain.

You may not have the faintest idea where Yiwu is, but businessmen plying their trades across Eurasia, especially from the Arab world, are already hooked on the city "where amazing happens!" We're talking about the largest wholesale center for small-sized consumer goods - from clothes to toys - possibly anywhere on Earth. www.atimes.com...

You see ,the US is in decline and really doesn't have anywhere to take their way of doing business but to the bottom .Oh and any economies that are fully in bed with them will eventually collapse because it's not about free markets but it is one that is controlled and manipulated to go along with . I think Russians know this and are willing to tighten their belts and figure a way out of that system .I think that the US is only going to speed the process up is all . a reply to: DJW001

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I cannot... Saying that... I CAN...

Believe that some people here just LOVE to think that we are still in the first cold war,,,!

"Sighs"

I have the feeling that "certain" people do not want a change?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Saudis are all set to sit back in the red with mountains of cash while they tank the price of oil. This is payback for Russia"s support of those trying to facilitate regime change in the Royal Kingdom. Tit for tat, poor poor Putin is getting out maneuvered. He wasted his reserve cash reviving old Cold War bomber runs and other expensive military feints that are useless.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Doesn't this mean Russia has the ability to now sell its foreign currency for a higher amount of its own?

Not long ago it was all about how they were selling dollars, well now they can get a lot of roubles for those dollars right? Might work out well if they're switching away from Western Reserve currencies.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Surely the price drop in oil is the major problem for russia with its oil based economy, which everyone knows, hHowever russia has been busily buying up gold for some time and may well be in a better condition than the west knows (according to Max Kaiser's programme) which also pointed out that the usa sanctions will probably mean that the upset with the euro traders and russia is going to be a problem that could well filter straight back into the Usa.

Today its like if someone sneezes in one country the next few also catch cold. There is no point is laughing or crowing about the russian economy because whose economy is doing that well today? If one tumbles then its likely to drag a lot of others with it - and none of this will help the world economy. I just wish obama would stop his meddling in russia and go gamble or play golf. Funnily enough its easier to hear russians speaking well of putin and amerricans speaking badly of obama. I suspect he will go down in history as the peace prize winner who started the most wars.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is payback for Russia"s support of those trying to facilitate regime change in the Royal Kingdom.

I never heard of any Russian links in the very limited and small internal movement against the Saudi Royals. If you have some links to support that I'd love to read.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Russia has seen this play happen before in the 80s and 90s with lowering oil prices and trying to drain them with Afghanistan and Chechen Wars. They also were preparing themselves for it.

It`s the West which has gone all-in with this ultimate grasp to protect the Petrodollar at all cost with this risky replay.

If it fails to subdue Russia its power and its power in Central Asia, it will mean the end of US World hegemony and the Petrodollar will erode thus brining US down in the not so near future.

The likelihood of contagion to other parts of the World is however substantial leaving not only Russia being hurt, but other parts maybe even more so, including The West. And if that happens, even the ordinary Westerns can expect serious consequences in the form of a good deal of inflation.

No telling in how the Russians (and China) will react, but don`t expect them to not have been talking through the plans on how to react when this was going to happen. Be sure they were expecting this and have plans ready.

My best guess is they are willing to back their currencies with gold.

So, will Putin play the ‘Gold Card’?

Source

And as I have said then, "If he does this we can except global economic fireworks."

edit on 17 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Today Russia's Central Bank has raised interest rates by 6,5 to 17% in hopes of preventing rouble collapse. The rouble is currenly in steep free fall because of western sanctions and plummeting oil prices.

Emphasis added.

Siege Measures are taking effect. That'll teach you Russia (for vetoing the US call for No fly zones in Syria in the UN Security Council, three goddamn times) not to mess with the biggest assholes on the planet.

USA!USA!USA!

pfft…

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nyet! Russia vill never be number two! Ros-si-yah! Ros-si-yah! Ros-si-yah! reply to: intrptr

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Pay-per-view cage match. Obama vs. Putin. One must die.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Gee, maybe those darned evil Western sanctions would go away if Putin stopped acting like he was the villain in a James Bond movie. DO any of you even care about how your hero Vladimir Putin staged bomb attacks in hi own Country to get or hold office? And please, don't respond with any 9/11 Truther nonsense. Putin is a genuinely evil man and HE is the reason Russia is having problems right now both at home and abroad...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Maybe watch some more real news instead of James Bond movies to know what`s been going on.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nyet! Russia vill never be number two! Ros-si-yah! Ros-si-yah! Ros-si-yah! reply to: intrptr

No, you're supposed to say,

"Nyet - Nyet - Soveeyet!"

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
Gee, maybe those darned evil Western sanctions would go away if Putin stopped acting like he was the villain in a James Bond movie. DO any of you even care about how your hero Vladimir Putin staged bomb attacks in hi own Country to get or hold office? And please, don't respond with any 9/11 Truther nonsense. Putin is a genuinely evil man and HE is the reason Russia is having problems right now both at home and abroad...

Someone's been reading 'Blowing up Russia' I see! Good book and worth the time. Of course the ending turned me off tea forever...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I believe this action hurts everybody more than it helps anyone. It's a lose-lose across the board.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: jaffo

Someone's been reading 'Blowing up Russia' I see! Good book and worth the time. Of course the ending turned me off tea forever...

But why take fiction into a serious discussion beats me...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join