It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney Stones (no conspiracy)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think I have kidney stones... anyone here able to offer any advice?

I was/am a heavy drinker, however on Sunday I had to stop due to excruciating pain which is in the lower left of my back. It gets worse at night, when I say worse I mean incredible pain... It wakes me up around 4am and from then I have to walk around the house looking for various positions which make me feel comfortable for a minute or so until the pain increases.

When I cough it really hurts, when I breathe in the kidney area hurts.

I can handle this pain, even though it is pretty god damn intense. However... I have read that passing these babies is WORSE than giving birth? Please, no. I am a man, I was not meant to experience this.

So Doctor's appointment in a couple of hours I think he will confirm what I think.

Can anyone offer natural remedies which they have had experience of?
edit on 17-12-2014 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It sure sounds like stones. Starts in the lower back then moves to the front just before you pass them. I'm not going to lie, passing them sucks badly. But it's such a quick pain, and immediately after, your other pain is gone. If you can save the stones, you can take the with you to the doctor and they can analyze them to see what caused you to have them. With me it was sweet tea.

I now get them a few times a year, and passing them is old hat. I hear others aren't so lucky.

Go see the doc though. He will give you some stuff to make it all not hurt so much and once you pass them, you will feel like a new man. (but you will be a bit gun shy at the pisser for a few weeks)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I don't have any personal experience with kidney stones, but I have heard that Dr. Miller's Holy Tea can make a huge difference. Just look up what other people have said, and give it a try if you think it might help. It is expensive. 8 gallons worth costs about $30. You only need to drink a couple of cups a day, and more will make you run to the toilet. That is the only natural thing I've ever heard of that might work. I use the tea for other reasons, but I can say that it is good stuff. Contrary to the thread that said the human body cannot be detoxified, you try this tea and it will detoxify you. It might not make you feel very good when you are detoxing, but I will vouch for it and say that it helps. Like I said, see what people say online about that tea and kidney stones. Good luck.
edit on 12/17/2014 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Cheers guys. Some wise words well put.

Oh God I am not looking forward to this!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the worst pain you can get.
Passing them is a nightmare and once you get them you get them for the rest of your life.
A tip olive oil and plenty of lemon juice...helps break them down and pass them.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
monitor your blood pressure if you have kidney pains

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Last thing though pnce you pass them it is the best feeling of relief. ..from great pain to none instantly.
But it is getting them out....

link   
Drink lots of coke, it can dissolve them. I had kidney stones in the past, the star shaped ones which are the worst, I spent time researching options- destroying them with ultrasound etc and found that drinking loads of coke Can get rid of them.
Good luck. Mine hurt like hell!

link   

What if I'm at work when I pass them? I'll just have to scream my b***s off and let people wonder what's going on? lol. Oh I'm laughing now and it really hurts.

Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... hhhmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You will pass out due to the pain....work will not be an option if you pass them naturally.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic
Won't the coke thing cause more of a problem in the long run?
kidneystones.uchicago.edu...

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You will pass out due to the pain....work will not be an option if you pass them naturally.

For God's sake lol. I keep laughing but know I won't be soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

A quick trip to a&e will save you a lot of pain....I do it as soon as I feel tge kidney pain.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Morning.,i know how ya feel, im going through thd same, ive suffered from them on and off for the last 10yrs, side effect from meds. Theres a over the counter drug called buscopan(do know if i spelt that right!) That gives some releif. I normally take dihydrocodeine and paracetamol and drink plenty of cranberry juice, and yes its bloody painfull, the worst, infact more pain than when i broke my back!. Hope ya can some relief from it soon.
All the best.
B.V.Ha reply to: and14263

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Oh and drink lots of fluid lots and lots because you will feel like you need to go to the loo all the time and the pushing made me pass blood the furst time
Oh man good luck..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

As Boymonkey said,drink lots of fluids. When you start to pass them, you want them out. If they stop half way, you will walk around for hours holding your wanker. (not a good look if you are in public)

And as was also said, on the bright side, once you pass them, the pain will be gone.

The stream will be flowing and all of the sudden it stops for a second and then continues. That brief pause was the stones finding their way to the outlet. First one is the worst.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: SoEpic
Won't the coke thing cause more of a problem in the long run?
kidneystones.uchicago.edu...

originally posted by: boymonkey74

For God's sake lol. I keep laughing but know I won't be soon.

It's true, and people at work will find you passed out on the floor in the toilet with your doodle out laying in a puddle of pee. Then the crowd will gather and workmates will start taking pics and you'll end up on Liveleak or 4chan. Then when you walk your dog down the street, the neighbourhood children will point and laugh saying "Hey, there's that guy!"

With that though I'll leave you a picture of waterfalls.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Cheers man. I think I will give the urology department a ring now and see what they advise. 4am last night I almost went to A&E too but thought I was being pansy.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

This is exactly what I don't need! LOL

F*** Liveleak I'm gonna ring the quack now.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If the pain gets to an extreme level, dont bother with a&e, call an ambulance, i was advised that by a doctor, ive been taken to a&e before for stones pain, there was a long wait, i ended up passed out on the floor of the waiting room before i was seen, they do take kidney stone pain seriously, my friend compares the pain to child birth with no meds!!a reply to: and14263

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I had to have kidney stones removed twice now.

One was stuck in a ureter and removed by crushing it with a laser.
The other one never left the pelvis of my right kidney and it was an inch in diameter. They had to go through my back and the kidney itself surgically to remove that one.
If you have calcium oxalate kidney stones, be prepared for a restrictive diet that sucks. No potatoes, chocolate or peanuts/peanut butter.... that's just for starters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join