It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Henge et al.......copying of ancient crop circles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Firstly, im not sure of this should perhaps be in the grey area or worse the "bin".....
Recent study of crop circles, which I hope I needn't explain to the erudite ATS crowd,....has given me a flash of inspiration id like to hear some input on......so let us get to the meat of my speculations.....

Fact...90% of crop circles WORLD WIDE.....appear within forty miles of Stonehenge.......
Fact....There have been crop circles recorded for as far back as the 1600s possibly further....
Fact....Europe as well as the UK is dotted with circles of standing stones.....these are dated back many centuries.....

Though 90% of these things, appear there...the rest are spread world wide and seemingly randomly in ice or sand, or other crops as well as even conifers....many of them verified to have appeared in far too short of a time span, to have been hoaxed by people....
The structure of the crop medium is altered physically,and other strange properties have been attributed to the seeds of the ripened crop.

Such seeds are said to grow far more abundantly than control seed from other parts of the fields in question.......

Let us imagine that these crop circles have possibly been appearing for thousands of years.....
Immediately one can see that there are possible reasons for all the stone circles across the continent......

Perhaps primitive though they were.....ancient men recently turned farmers, recovered and planted seeds from such a circle.....
The resultant bounty perhaps would be reason enough for them to construct their own circles in awe of the gift the crop circles bestowed???
I include a link to a lecture which began this train of thought......its a very good lecture, quite unlike the popular fare offered by hacks.....

www.youtube.com...

At any rate, what think thee of the idea crop circles may be the root of the stone circles which acheologists still ponder to this day....
And the idea that we are being engaged by non huiman intelligence through them......huh?

edit on 17-12-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I have had this thought as well.
Going to your link now. Star and Flag
And Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

You make a very good point, there have been a few crop circles dotted around Wiltshire over the years. I even remember a story about a crop cirlcle being formed in Nice, France. Right by a circular megolithic complex.

The only Issue I have with it, is that many 'stone circles' in Europe are what we see now on the surface. Many were built as part of a comunity with other buildings and sites such as Stone Henge being in the center.

As far as I am aware, there isnt a single site across Europe where there is a 'Henge' without more evidence of a primitive village/tribe. Still they may have built the circle because of 'crop circles' then the Settlement grew around it.

But I doubt it, for one main reason....Many crop circles we aknowlege today are nearly impossible to see at ground level. With arial footage or a good view from a hillside we can see the pattern at work. Stonehenge for example is actually on relativley high ground. It would be hard for me to imagine they simulated the idea of Stonehenge because they saw Crop circles.

Sorry one thing to add, I think it is just the English being bored..... the first crop circles were supossedly in England and it isnt the first time people of the island started making patterns in the ground.

White Horse

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oddly enough the white horse isn't far from where the circles appear either.....
There are eye witnesses to these things being constructed by forces unkown in seconds....
Primitive peoples could have also witnessed the creation of circles......to them it would be no less majick than for us today.....

Balls of plasma hover over the field and the design appears in light of day.....
No, I think it is still a worthy contention yet.....

The accelerated growth of the offspring of the plants involved....their changes in CELLULAR STRUCTURE (check the video)
Make the think it not unlikely ancient men would note the difference and perhaps explain the phenomena in their terms....building the stone circles in awe and perhaps worship......
Not that the circles would compose their whole diety family....but may be recognised in terms of a ceremonial replica.....a location for other worship as well.....perhaps.....

Another peculiarity of these circles....they appear in close proximity to water....either ground or surface....
primitive men may have also known that and made use of the connection....
For farming and maybe travelling....even constructing their settlement at such a location....

Oh and im sure ive mentioned there being circles created in conifers, sand, ice etc....primitive farmers would soon recognise a circle of bent over corn or wheat or rye in their fields....they are farmers...and do what all farmers do....pay attention to nature....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It seems to me....we mostly live in denial of things which we cannot explain or which do not quite fit in our personal paradigm......
The crop circle phenomena is real in the sense that there are circles which are not man made of a surety.....
The facts speak for themselves.....
Regardless of any hoaxing...genuine cellular changes etc have been recorded in the bona fide ones....
This is beyond dispute, ......
It is what it is.........we need to deal with the phenomena , not the hoaxes.....
Again you could watch the lecture...the speaker is no dummy....the information is pretty breathtaking ........

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

With regards to Crop Circles, I am very new on this subject. I am going through a few different sources atm. Sorry I cannot watch yt videos at the moment, I will try later.

I find there is a good chance for people of the past to monitor and then attempt to recunstruct massive megoliths. But from my historical knowlege of some better sites across europe (stonehenge is very limited), there are still some questions I have.

If crop circles were being made and the ancients tried to copy them, why werent they done exactly?

As in the gaps in Stonehenge? Why not a constant circle of a wall? Or even the litteral interpretation of digging into the ground to make the indents like that of the crop circles?

Even the 'pillars' of henges across europe are not even rounded.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I refer to to a previous announcement of more stuff underground at the henge.....found by gpr....recently ...
Second guessing primitive civilisation is after all...a sort of fools errand in some ways.....there are things we cannot know.....
I think a stone circle because its as permanent as it gets....
Ditches or pathways of circular nature aren't unheard of either....
Nobody is sticking this to stone circles in Europe entirely as circular structures of all kinds abound.......world wide.....
The crop circle phemonena is also world wide.....Gobekli Tepe has circular houses as does the stone remains of African civilisation of 250,000 yrs ago....
The contention is the possibility that the phenomena pre dates the circular edifices.....perhaps inspires it.....
Theres another Stonehenge in the far north of the Scottish coastal islands of ancient construction as well......

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yeah I have found this link Pre Stone Henge Which does show finds of possible crop circles that pre date the site of Stone Henge.

Mind sorry to say but a Henge comes in many types.... Wood was the most common. Like you mentioned Anything other than stone doesnt last as long. There could be thousands across the UK alone.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"Other finds suggest the site remained an important focus for prehistoric farming communities well into the Bronze Age (roughly 2000 to 700 B.C. in Britain).

Near the tombs are two large, round, ditch-encircled structures—the largest circular enclosure being about 190 feet (57 meters) wide.

Nonintrusive electromagnetic surveys show signs of postholes, suggesting rings of upright timber once stood within the circles—further evidence of the Damerham site's ceremonial or sacred role.

Pollard, of the University of Bristol, likened the features to smaller versions of Woodhenge, a timber-circle temple at the Stonehenge World Heritage site. "

interesting link.....thanks.....

Reads like corroboration of a sort.......perhaps these mound builders also experienced crop circles....?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not gonna dis your points. Non of us were there so there is no real way of positively knowing but....

Stonehenge isn't the centre of anything. It's a single point in a star map that stretches across the whole of Britain. It's part of a complex that makes up the constellation ursa major. The size of each circle corresponds to the brightness of the stars with the Wiltshire circle being the biggest.

I wish for the life of me I could find the map I have. I'll keep searching for as it makes it as plain as day.
Where I live there is a stone circle called the nine ladies, it's very small but is part of the aquilla constellation.

The Uffington horse and the big guy with the schlong out on the side of the hill also represent pegasus and orion respectively.

The stars are the answer to understanding all this....

I'm not saying crop circles have nothing to do with it, maybe that's why they are round. But i believe, but don't quote me, Stonehenge is just a little tad older than reports of crop circles from the 1600s.
edit on 17-12-2014 by cArLoSCuBsTaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ever think that 90% of crop circles appearing near Stonehenge just suggests that the person making them lives within a 40 mile radius of the site?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yeah, the stars....and maps...
if I may
my siggy thread might have some relevant observations.

also new info here for you:

like why is King Arthor's "sword" Excaliber called eX caliber....
the 360 degree base 60 working Celtic cross, and its decimal equivalent or caliber ( hundreths or percents )
or multiply any reading on the 360 degree wheel ( circle) and get the answer in .00
.27 is the magic number which you get when you divide the 6into 6 into 6 into base ten
the antichrist here means reciprocal - its part of a linguistic code I discovered recently relating to amoung other things:

.272 is the megalithic yard
1.6 one of the answers to 6 into 6into 6 into ten is the golden mean
and how this relates to things like turning lead into gold
so you can trade the two items for grain or beer or temple prostitutes
or whatever.....
ETA
oh yeah, the star map bit : this is why the cross; to "cross" the ocean for instance, is relevant:
its the measuring tool they used to navigate and build and measure everything back then...

edit on Wedam12b201412America/Chicago10 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I read that thread a while back....it seems the whole thing is a bit beyond my knowledge of ancient "stuff"....
The point of the op is merely that ancient crop circles could have been the inspiration for the stone circles we see today (and new ones still to be found IMHO)....as they seem a pervasive pass time of these olden peoples....and perhaps not too old as well......
Have you heard of the contention that the olden peoples used math based on RADIANS rather than our mathematical system ?
There is a math guy called Monk that has very detailed info on you tube that indicates the differing sites (stone henge, the giza pyramid, and other major sites) contain the info to determine where the other sites are regardless of the distance between them......
His contention leads one to the concept of a different past than we have been told.....
One where there was a world wide civilisation....of some description back then....or some oversight by someone, in the construction of megaliths world wide.....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
Ever think that 90% of crop circles appearing near Stonehenge just suggests that the person making them lives within a 40 mile radius of the site?

That was my first thought too, but not a person - persons.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Jeezus you skeptics will turn hand springs of logic to live in your little denial worlds.....
Have you any fact that deny the items already listed?
NO just ignorant comments which have no real weight but sound oh so smarmy to anyone who is not familiar with the subject but are meaningless to anyone with an iota of consciousness....
How can we discuss your dismissal of the subject when all you really got for us ,is a hollow one liner....and a fast check out.....duh....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Jeezus you skeptics will turn hand springs of logic to live in your little denial worlds.....
NO just ignorant comments which have no real weight but sound oh so smarmy to anyone who is not familiar with the subject but are meaningless to anyone with an iota of consciousness....
How can we discuss your dismissal of the subject when all you really got for us ,is a hollow one liner....and a fast check out.....duh....

So your view is that aliens coming to earth and drawing designs using plants is more logical than people doing it?

I would note that you are dismissing people doing it without evidence? Why is that?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That's pure BS...I am referring to the crop circles which appear far too swiftly and are far too subtly interwoven for human abilities to produce.....their properties are well documented.....the military,is heavily involved in investigations of these phenomena.....surely for good reasons.....something is and has been going on for a long time......
You merely wish them away without examining the facts, by mouthing a generality which is meaningless.....
YOU are arguing from inference............
The genuineness of many of these strange designs is indisputable....
NO HUMAN hoaxer has succeeded to copy the subtlety and the accuracy of the genuine thing.....
Perhaps if you could take time to attend the link you may find that your simplistic maundering is a very tiny argument ......
laughable really in the face of the facts...................
My own speculations are free to run far afield with the phenomena....but the facts remain....evidence which I stated and is contained in the link evidently you missed in the above.....

edit on 18-12-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

How about some facts and sources from your end?

All we have is a YouTube video, where's your sources backing up your claims? Such as the orbs creating circles, cellular changes etc etc.

Perhaps henges are round because their houses were round and defensive structures were round, hell, the only physical difference between a circular rampart and some henges is the bank and ditch configuration.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

That's pure BS...I am referring to the crop circles which appear far too swiftly and are far too subtly interwoven for human abilities to produce.....their properties are well documented.....the military,is heavily involved in investigations of these phenomena.....surely for good reasons.....something is and has been going on for a long time......

Do you have examples of any such crop circles, perhaps from a site that is not "niche", or not relying on a YouTube vid that is heavily weighted in not exploring the fact that humans do create complex crop circles. The narrator of your YouTube video (Colin Andrews) has many books on the subject that he is keen to sell and will not acknowledge the fact the people create crop circles...

www.cropcirclewisdom.com...

I live in rural Wiltshire.

Regards

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Tru dat.

Aha, a world of denial is not where I reside lad, instead it is one where you should not and cannot believe every half assed fantasy tale as truth. Especially when it comes to crop circles, the only thing linking these two pieces of art together is their geometrical name.

Also you will probably continue to receive joke comments because you yourself present facts without any evidence.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Sparta because: typa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join