It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2015-2021

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
La Palma in Canary Islands volcanic eruption live.

edit on 19-9-2021 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Not sure why this volcano isn't getting more attention here. It's an amazing site. Going pretty wild since mid day today (monday) and lava is going to hit the sea pretty soon

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Not sure why this volcano isn't getting more attention here.

Maybe they don't realize that it's the Cumbre Vieja volcano that is erupting. Those who don't know, google "Cumbre Vieja mega tsunami".

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Kilauea Volcano Eruption Update

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
its been a minute since i have been here....everyone watching whats going on in a few places? Been watching the live feed for a week now on La Palma and saw some cool video of the hawaii one starting to reactivate also not to mention few others. Pretty cool stuff

edit on 1-10-2021 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

I really doubt it will generate a tsunami that could hit the east coast but it's destroyed so many homes already and it's not over. If there is a really big landslide it would affect the island coasts. It's going on 14 days and not slowing down a bit. They are now talking about the lava that has gone out into the ocean to form a new peninsula possibly breaking off... that would generate some tsunamis too.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looks like Stromboli had an eruption on 10/06/21

Stromboli volcano (Eolian Islands, Italy): pyroclastic flow followed major explosion

The National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, Etneo Observatory (INGV) reported that a sudden, powerful explosion occurred at 14:18 local time yesterday from the NE crater.
The height of an ash plume is unknown and was not reported yet as visibility was partially limited due to dense clouds, but from the observatory's bulletin it dissipated towards the NE direction.
Partial collapse of the eruption column caused a pyroclastic flow that descended on the Sciara del Fuoco and reached the sea.
A small lava overflowed the north crater rim that has reached approx. 750 m elevation. It now appears cooling.
A sharp peak in tremor accompanied the event approx. one minute before the explosion and later decreased again to medium-low values.

[url]https://geology.com/volcanoes/stromboli" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.volcanodiscovery.com...[/url ]

Stromboli volcano (Eolian Islands, Italy): pyroclastic flow followed major explosion

The National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, Etneo Observatory (INGV) reported that a sudden, powerful explosion occurred at 14:18 local time yesterday from the NE crater.
The height of an ash plume is unknown and was not reported yet as visibility was partially limited due to dense clouds, but from the observatory's bulletin it dissipated towards the NE direction.
Partial collapse of the eruption column caused a pyroclastic flow that descended on the Sciara del Fuoco and reached the sea.
A small lava overflowed the north crater rim that has reached approx. 750 m elevation. It now appears cooling.
A sharp peak in tremor accompanied the event approx. one minute before the explosion and later decreased again to medium-low values.

[url]https://geology.com/volcanoes/stromboli

Stromboli: Plate Tectonic Setting
Like Mount Etna on the island of Sicily, Stromboli is a part of the Calabrian volcanic arc. The volcanoes of the Calabrian arc are associated with the subduction of the African tectonic plate under the Eurasian plate. Stromboli is located on a NE-SW trending fault system, but the mechanisms which feed the volcano's magma chamber, and their relationship to the fault system, are poorly understood.

edit on 7-10-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: .

edit on 7-10-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: .

edit on 7-10-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
According to this La Palma is a strata volcano, which would mean it can blow. I'm surprised TA isn't around.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Huge eruption from underwater Volcano, Tsunami warnings!!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The eruption from space!! I think we were lucky the wave wasn't bigger!!

twitter.com...

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am seeing rhythmic tremors on Mt Hood today. Anyone know if there are human activities in the are that could be a cause?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
I am seeing rhythmic tremors on Mt Hood today. Anyone know if there are human activities in the are that could be a cause?

Pac norwest
hope Cascadia is not about to go
thx for posting, I hadn't heard.

rhythmic? odd.
is that a (live) volcano?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Iceland is opening up again. Reykjanes Peninsula

www.visir.is...

icelandmonitor.mbl.is...

edit on 3-8-2022 by SeekingDepth because: Added additional link

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Ubinas, Peru

Peru will declare emergency status in the area around the Ubinas volcano in the southern region of Moquegua, the prime minister said on Monday, as the country's most active volcano has been spewing ash for several days.

The National Institute of Civil Defense (Indeci) said in a statement that the area's status alert has been raised to "orange" from yellow according to national standards after the volcano showed ash spill that reached 1,700 meters in height.

I know nothing about this one.
hope its not too bad.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join