It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2015-2021

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I didn't intend to write unless something bigger happened. I've already mentioned the USGS people are in the area. There's no tremor at the moment. A couple of explosions with small earthquakes. At the moment it looks menacing. Smoke sits in the caldera and the mountain is black. Smoke is rising up from all around due to the brush fires. The grass looks dry and ready to blaze.

I'll post a couple of pics, I don't think I have time to add extra news articles. SEARCH...

From last night, I got shot from news article.

edit on 19-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Nice screen Shots.

If you look at CERI, It seems the whole North American Plate is vibrating.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

two or three focus points--- Cascadia/Yellowstone/new Madrid...

bring to mind the hot activity at Kamchatka peninsula-Russia...

the whole Earth Interior is in a heated-up flux kind of status with long dormant volcanos coming back to life--- all in a very concentrated time-frame...

the prophecy where ~every island fled away & mountains disappear~ is getting prepared to happen...

the cause for islands & mountains getting relocated will be due to the sudden break-up of much of the tectonic plates upon which the crust (outer shell) sits upon...
the extra hot magma layers will cause very accelerated crustal movement/earthquakes/volcanoes with millions of cubic miles of new land to pour out from the molten rock/minerals/metals/basalts under our feet....

the people will cry out that Planet X is upon us--- which is really the Earth's Interior Sun doing all the prophesied damage & pole shift

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just in case someone wants to catch Mombotombo in action, I think it's getting ready again. There's some periodic tremor that appears to be slowly intensifying. Also, it's been quiet since one explosion yesterday afternoon.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Philippines: Bulusan Volcano Phreatic Eruption

thestandard.com.ph...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dang nab it. I got busy and decided to do something productive and I missed the main picture. Oh, well. Oh, nice video of the phreatic eruption.

Here's a shot of the latter pictures and the graph with the explosion from Mombotombo.

I have a whole hypothesis going on regarding the other squiggly lines. At first I was ignoring them thinking they were cultural noise. Like traffic maybe. But then I swear they were happening at night and that it was tremor. Now, I'm thinking they were happening at mid-day and that they were traffic. But no, because they stopped. And when they had for some time, we had an explosion. Hmmm. The moon will be out later and I'm waiting to see what happens. One geologist who was interviewed in one of the articles I posted earlier, stated that when tremor stopped you got an eruption. I think he was talking about Telica. He also stated Mombotombo erupted when there was ongoing tremor. I may have that backward. Anyhow, it seems the tremor stopped for a bit, then we got an explosion. HHMMMM. I don't know. Just observing.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Mombotombo is acting up tonight. It was a big explosion that showed up on the webicorder. There was no build up to the eruption. No tremor. It seemed quiet and then boom

I'll get graph.

edit on 25-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I figured out why I'm in love with Mombotombo. Clear skies. Mostly. For example, Colima was voted coolest hot mountain of lava last year in an article by Erik K of Wired. Momtombo got second.

Tunguaharau. Is that how you spell it? It erupted "espectacular". However, whenever, I try to watch and see the fireworks, it's mostly shrouded in cloudeded. Since I have raging ADHD, I get distracted and frustrated, and then forget it even exists.

When I go and look at Mombotombo, the view is usually great even if nothing is going on. Or, even if the only thing that is going on is a solitary vulture high in the sky. I wonder if the smelly volcano is making harder to find it's supper. Last night, I freaked myself out and thought I saw ghosts. Its was just two shots. Haunting. However, I soon realized it was headlights illuminating the bushes along the fence. The camera is remote, so it took some thinking because there are usually no artificial light at night. Even when Mombotombo is just smoldering, it is pretty.

Adding. I had to get off line and take a phone call. When I finished my call, I look at my computer screen and Mombotombo is having a small eruption as we speak. The wind is blowing the other way so much of it is being blown behind the mountain. And as usual, the sky is very clear.

And even if there's clouds, it's not like the other cams which are in the deep jungle and are surrounded by rainforest. This area seems to be a mix of dry lands and jungles further away. The ground must still be very hard from lava flows and only brush and shrubs and get into the cracks and grow. Farther away the jungle can take hold the the futile soils nearby but not too near. The ash feeds the nearby jungles...

This last shot is Colima. It is almost always erupting. But it's also often Gray. Gloomy. Spooky. Like Lord of the Rings scary. But I still like it.

edit on 27-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
www.wired.com...

read

Yesterday, I declared that Mombotombo wasn't so ominous, well, I may change my mind after today.

Ug, last night there was a big explosion at Mombotombo. You can see it on Volcano Disovery on the archived webcams. But, when I tried to pulled the photos I was too late. I don't know where they keep previous days. Oh well, it was slightly bigger than the previous nights.

Oh, and in that article Erik K. says that this is all coincidental. Well, everything is coincidental until it isn't in retrospect. The reason I love Mombotombo is because it's clear and sunny, and espectacular. However, I am in dread because of what I think is happen deep in the earth. I think the plate is applying the pressure which is causing the steam for all volcanoes rumblings. I even think the Mexican volcanoes are part of this process. I've already explained the gap and what I think is happening so I'll cut this short.

Oh, the reason to add more was really to tell you to watch Mombo now because there's tremor again. However, don't blame me if it takes several hours. Also, the larger eruptions are all happening at night. There are exhalations during the day, but they pale in comparison to those at night.

COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE
COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE COINCIDENCE

until it isn't...

dagnabbit

I walked away and missed this one. I still don't think they are as big as at night. And I don't think it's just that you can see stuff glowing.

Also, to amuse myself I've been trying to track the sun and moon to find their positions in relationship to the eruptions. At that moment the sun was high over head as it was nearly noon and the moon was on the other side of the world and near apogee at 405 000 km away.

we got a nudder eruption just now

edit on 28-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
At this moment, Mombotombo is quiet. I'll post graph and you'll see it wasn't just in recent hours. Right now there is something which makes me wonder. There's a wisp of steam coming from the caldera. Occasionally, it will puff and send out a "smoke signal". This make me think things could get really interesting. I'll not bother you with my total obsession with water at the moment, I'll just state the following. The white wisp means water. Steam. You can check out the eruption video and stuff on Volcano Discovery and youtube, so I won't repeat about the eruptions so far, only to say that I think we'll get even more explosive. In the graph I'll post, you'll see an earthquake that wasn't at Mombotombo. It was offshore and it's 5.2M or 4.something to the USGS and all I care about it that I think it's connect. If we have a big push underneath, trapped water in the crust could be released by melting and the water is making it's way----- up.

Steamy, means steam engine means pressure and explosion.

Phreatic.

HHM. I could be wrong.

This was smallish eruption earlier today.

Okay, last shot of steam. This one almost looked like it could turned into a smoke ring. Whatever, the point is it's steamy.

I have to add this one. The other night I missed the biggest one. An article had this shot of webcam. I love how the light is a perfect circle.

edit on 29-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's still blowing up. Maybe these sights will get boring. But now for me not yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, I was going to sit back and watch and just shut my mouth. Mombo blew up good and I ignored it. Even when Telica blew up I said to myself, coincidence. Volcano Discovery wrote that Telica has a new fissure in the caldera. So what I thought, that's not exactly new. And so what that Mombotombo is regaining strength and Telica is now spewing ash on my screen.

Then Mombotombo didn't stop erupting. It's been constant all day. There is no tremor and it is exhausting ash in a free flow. It's like a value that's open fully. Of course this may just release much of Mombo's pressure and it will go quiet again. Lot's of the other Nicaraguan volcanoes are steamy.

I'll post some shots. The one big explosion before the constant eruption of ash this morning. Then Telcia. Then cows. Then a shot I just like.

This shot is Telica from far away.

The following link is all the webcams for Nicaragua.

web-geofisica.ineter.gob.ni...

This last shot I think is dust a bit of dust. If you look near the lower right corner, there's a triangular brown thing. It's not on any other shots. I want to say it's dust, but it's almost looks like a rock that has maybe flown out of the volcano. I don't think so. But I haven't seen anything else that resembles it on the camera. It's hard to see. It's not on the foreground. It's covering the tip of one of the far off peak of a mountain.

And just because I can be overwhelming and stupid, in the following picture, you'll see a man. Who is this man? USGS, Nicaraguan GOV., Cowboy, random local? I wonder...

edit on 2-3-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Smoke continues to spew from Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador after activity on Wednesday night

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

I noticed this as well. I like this volcano but it is terrible viewing on webcam. Constant clouds. If you're lucky you can view it uninterrupted for awhile. I'm glad I don't rely solely on the USGS for my earthquake information. This morning I saw that there was an earthquake above 4.5M as well. I don't think it's a coincidence. There's also another one somewhere near there at just 4+.

I'm going to use this one reply box to rant further about the connections between earthquakes in a region, and the volcanoes that follow. Nicaragua had earthquakes the USGS missed as well. Earthquakes increase in the region just before the recent uptick in volcanic activity. The activity was all kicked off last year when there was a big one and other ones in the area. The activity lead to the speculation that Mombotombo was going to blow after a 100 year sleep. I agreed and that's why I was watching the area. So far, the earthquakes are telling which story to watch.

Yesterday, I resisted writing. Mombotombo was erupting very actively. Telica was roaring right along and there was lots of tremor to watch. The tremor in Telica and Mombotombo was matching. They were both active. Masaya was along active but during the day it's much harder to tell what's going on. I won't even mention much about this nightmare of molten maddness. I'll let you watch a video that looks right the throat. Just watch this video. Watch it with an open mind. Let your mind wander and let go of where you are. Transport yourself to the vantage point and really understand what you are seeing. When I did that, I got frightened. The power. It's. It's. The most overused word today is awesome.

It's the only word that fits.

I got to find video. I wish I knew how to embed.

www.youtube.com...

At night Masaya glow and with the escaping steam and gas it look evil. So, yesterday, oh wait, I also noticed another one of those Volcanoes steaming. It didn't explode but is still hot tomatoes. No tamalees. The point is yesterday they were all every active and angry. Today, if I was the substitute teacher, I'd say today, everybody is in a much more behaved manner. No one is acting out. Even Mombotombo is only managing to let of steam and smoke in a disciplined and regulated way. From the act of simply watching, I'm stating these volcanoes are all being influenced by something bigger than each volcano independently. Once all the children had a nap, order is restored. I just went back and realized that after watching Mombo, it's quieter than I thought and it's not really erupting. There is some tremor. And the tremor at Telica is not there.

These people are lucky they went today when things are calm. Yesterday, it was very dangerous. I'm not sure I'd go up there or not. Yeah. sure..

They're having a picnic on an active volcano. hmmm

I don't have the information handy, but I thought there were warnings at Telica and etc about eruption danger. Even Cerro Negro was supposed to be closed. This is dangerous.

edit on 4-3-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

To embed a youtube video, click on post then above the box, far right is a youtube button, click it then ONLY post the youtube numbers and letters AFTER the = sign.

Example: watch?v=A9VqXtzEoxs

Only the bit in bold should be pasted into the youtube box.

Edit: Forgot the bloody video.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm just going to post on photo. I knew yesterday that Mombotombo was experiencing lots of tremor but I was too busy with my two suns. We visited a jungle far away from Nicaragua in Niagara Falls. At Bird Kingdom. This morning I knew what I'd find when I looked at the webcams archives. Wow. This shot looks like an atom bomb at night. Just adding more photos won't do it justice. I'm going to look for video and if I can't find some I'm taking photos and posting on you tube. Impressive. I'd even say larger than those in the past, because I know 'cause I'be been watching real close. Even the tremor looked angrier. This after the other volcanoes chimed in. The pressure was restrained for that moment, until finally, the magma found it's way back through Mombotombo plumbing and found a weak point. The tremor and earthquake just beforehand opened up the valve and last night we got the goop pooping out at the top. I want to say in a sense of fear, that this is just the start.

It's almost as if Mombotombo is finding a rhythm. And even if it gets really big, I don't think it will get out of control. If the pressure is released regularly, then this relieves stress over all. I guess the only really threat is if all the back and forth doesn't change the other neighbourhood volcanoes. Masaya is filling up like you'd fill up your pool, what happens if something stops up a pipe over there and the flow need to find another way out. Some relief is good. Too much relief and change can cause a chain reaction of reactions. Until you get a surge. hhhhhmmm

Let's just watch for now...

I made a video.... nah nah

edit on 7-3-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mexican volcano at high risk for exploding

Mexican authorities are warning of the potential for major activity at an active volcano just 50 miles southeast of Mexico City.

Experts on the Popocatepetl Volcano issued the warning Wednesday after observing an increased level of explosive activity in recent months.

In the last two weeks alone, the volcano has exploded on several occasions resulting in the expulsion of gases and smoking, fiery fragments.

Authorities are carrying out flyovers to inspect the crater with the support of the federal police, experts, and civil protection authorities.

Volcano experts have detected the presence of a lava dome of about a thousand feet across inside the inner crater of the volcano.

They set the alert level for the towering 17,900 foot volcano, often known as Popo, at yellow.

That's the fourth-highest warning on the center's seven-step scale.

Up to 50-thousand people are at risk from volcanic gases and lava flow from Popocatepetl, so locals are taking no chances with the volcano and are prepared to evacuate if necessary.

Source

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
With all the large earthquake's we have been having, I thought I would check out what was going on with

volcano's. I found this article about Nyamuragira volcano in the Congo of Africa. It's lava lake just disappeared.

Anyone with volcano expertise, can you explain this?

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

So it is an active volcano, and all of a sudden it empties out.????
edit on 16-4-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is what I was looking for.

It seems after the quake in Japan, Mt Aso erupted.

They are saying they do not know if it has anything to do with the earthquakes.

www.rt.com...

edit on 16-4-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

It's the pump. I pump two strokes. In and out. The heart pumps blood in, and pumps blood out. The world is convulsing and it's like the tides. Ebb and flow. This volcano was active, then it withdrawls. It can because it's connected to deep magma and if some magma is moving elsewhere, it will can the pressure. Also, more locally, the same kind of ebb and flow happens within the volcano. Inside the volcano there is lots of plumbing. Meaning, there's lots of pipe and chamber that have been bypassed from previous eruptions. A large inflow can punch holes in the walls which allow the magma to then fill a nearby empty chamber. Maybe, once it fills up a void, it will then again start backing up and emerging up near the surface. There's two choices. I know where I'll place my bet since I've ranted about this cycle and the moon this month. It's the lunar pump.

And, if the world is shifting and the magma is sloshing around, the pressure is not coming up at Mombotombo. Nope. But yippee, Popo has lots it's mind.
Mexico saw almost 60 earthquakes the other day. Coincidence. yeah.

edit on 19-4-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

Oh, and I'm so frustrated with this site and The USGS. According to the EMSC, Guatemala just had one at 4.5M. I saw it show up on Nicaragua. Looked big to be. Then nothing on USGS even though it's set to 4.5M. So, they must have graded it lower than 4.5M.

With the Yellowstone change and etc, I'm just posting randomly and I'll be last to know when Yellowstone blows Up. Gosh, I don't know why I wasn't watching Popo. Oh yearh, the smog. Sometimes, you couldn't see much.

Theis vido is better.

The USGS and EMSC don't make sense. The EMSC listed the Guatemala on at 4.5M but the USGS had it lower. Then the EMSC list China at 4.1M and the USGS lists it at 4.4M. What the hell, it doesn't even fit their own parameters.

They should just throw darts at a board or pull out number balls like bingo,

The pollution in Mexico is terrrrrrible.

Oh here's a good shot of the eruption height.

The story...

www.nydailynews.com...

There's no much news on it due to be overshadowed by the bigger disasters.

I like to admit when I'm wrong. I'm wrong. The USGS did find the Guatemala earthquake. I just took awhile.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Does anyone have any updated information on what is going on at Yellowstone? I saw this in my Facebook feed. Thought I would check out what ATS was saying. I'm not finding any recent posts in the old Yellowstone thread that was on here.

www.charismanews.com...

Thoughts??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join