It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Watch 2015-2021

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A tsunami waiting to happen. A collapse here could be bad news. The island is on the north side of New Guinea so with a major collapse the tsunami could make it out into the Pacific although some of that would be contained within the Bismark Sea.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 8-1-2018 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I ran across this article today:

Yellowstone NP employees report Steamboat Geyser eruption

Searching it up shows multiple other articles about Steamboat Geyser's eruption on March 15th. Is this a sign of more serious things to come, I wonder?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

A small team of researchers from the U.K and France has found evidence indicating that Sicily's Mt. Etna is sliding very slowly downhill toward the sea. In their paper published in Bulletin of Volcanology, the group describes their 11-year study of the volcano and the evidence they found for its movement.

Such movement by a volcano is known in the field as basement sliding. The team reports that their observations of Mt. Etna's sliding are the first ever for an entire active volcano. They report also that the movement they noted is not an imminent threat to people in the vicinity, but they do suggest it should be taken into account in the future. Prior research by other teams has shown that volcanos that move can suffer massive failure as the part of the mountain in front eventually gives way under pressure. More importantly, monitoring of the mountain for tell-tale signs of an imminent eruption need account for the movement of the mountain to offer reasonably accurate estimates of volcanic activity.

phys.org, Marh 28, 2018 - Mt. Etna found to be sliding downhill towards the sea.

That is pretty amazing that the volcano is sliding downhill towards the sea (The article says 14 mm per year). If it does erupt and collapse into the sea, that would be just as devastating. They use the term "megatsunami" to describe such an event. They have discovered evidence that some 70,000 years ago one happened. There is an island in the Canary Islands called La Palma, that seems to be doing just this.

I've been reading about Pompeii and 79 AD eruption over the past couple days. I hope we have learned from the past.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Activity on the Big Island of Hawaii the last few days.
Over 600 quakes now.

www.hawaiitribune-herald.com...

www.hawaiitribune-herald.com...

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Webcam: volcanoes.usgs.gov...

WOQ
edit on 2-5-2018 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hopefully the Great Crack doesn't get irritated by all the quakes on the Big Island.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Note Sulfur is being smelled around Sólheimajökull and Jökulsá á Sólheimasandur. More
thats very close to katla

en.vedur.is
edit on 21-11-2018 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
4 little quakes in the last four hours.

en.vedur.is...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

here we are on December 5th, 2018...

it seems that the Volcano Kilauea has 'Officially' been declared as Not Active

see the link:

USGS: Volcano Hazards Program HVO Kilauea
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

KILAUEA VOLCANO (VNUM #332010) 19°25'16" N 155°17'13" W, Summit Elevation 4091 ft (1247 m) Current Volcano Alert Level: ADVISORY Current Aviation Color Code: YELLOW Activity Summary: Kīlauea Volcano is not erupting. Rates of seismicity, deformation, and gas release have not changed significantly over the past week. …

something fishy !

just a few days after the deep sea anomaly between Africa-Madagasgar that rang-the-earth-like-a-bell

keep on your toes is my suggestion...the activity will not stay silent for long, as it just moves to new weak spots (my non scientific analysis/prognosis)

edit on th31154402264005102018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31154402270905112018 by St Udio because: accent typos

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Apparently there has been minimal posts added to this thread in several years, despite current volcanic activity globally, so therefore there is no need to begin a new thread this year either. Im still around, Ive been and am very depressed. meh meh. anyway I have not forgotten ats , i just honestly forget to log in for extended periods of time. that may or may not change. who knows . anyway it is now 2019 and its been a full 10 years since i first signed up as a member with ats. cheers everyone, ill check around as i still got everything bookmarked and see what needs tp be added and updated.

happy new year everyone.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Popocatepetl volcano explodes violently during LARGEST eruption in years in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since the major 7.1 quake in southern california, i think its a good idea to keep a close on Coso Volcano which is now in the middle of earthquake warm, thanks to the 7.1 and the 6.4 .

at the moment there is no ground deformation, but as we all know volcano despite all of the fancy monitoring, can still be very unpredictable.

volcanoes.usgs.gov... c_field/coso_volcanic_field_monitoring_13.html

for the moment its at normal back ground levels . but we need to keep a close eye on it anyway

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
hmm stromboli act strange….becoming moore explosiv… next santorini ??????????

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
hmm stromboli act strange….becoming moore explosiv… next santorini ??????????

You could have added;

The level of activity at the volcano remains very high, with little significant changes during the past days:
Strong degassing and strombolian explosions occur from several vents at average intervals of approx. 2 minutes (yesterday, the average was 28 events per hour).
The strongest originate from the Central / SW cluster of vents, which eject glowing lava scoria to up to 300 m high. Spattering (near-constant, pulsating degassing with mild lava ejections) mostly from the NE vents reached 150 m ejection height.
The lava flows in the SW area of the Sciara del Fuoco continue to be active, but confined to the upper slopes, but with frequent rockfalls tumbling down to the shore.
Tremor has been fluctuating between high and very high levels.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Mount Lli Lewotolok has erupted.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

JAKARTA, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- The Ili Lewotolok volcano in Lembata district in Indonesia's East Nusa Tenggara province erupted, spewing a column of ash 4,000 meters to the sky on Sunday at 10:45 a.m. local time, an agency said.

The ash column is thick and gray, moving to the east and the west, according to the Indonesian Agency for Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation on Sunday.

Seismograph records showed that the eruption occurred for 600 seconds, with a maximum amplitude of 35 mm.

The agency has recommended that residents or tourists do not carry out any activity in the danger zone within a radius of two km from the summit.

The volcano with a height of 1,018 meters above sea level is now under alert status.

link

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Hellmutt

JAKARTA, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- The Ili Lewotolok volcano in Lembata district in Indonesia's East Nusa Tenggara province erupted, spewing a column of ash 4,000 meters to the sky on Sunday at 10:45 a.m. local time, an agency said.

The ash column is thick and gray, moving to the east and the west, according to the Indonesian Agency for Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation on Sunday.

Seismograph records showed that the eruption occurred for 600 seconds, with a maximum amplitude of 35 mm.

The agency has recommended that residents or tourists do not carry out any activity in the danger zone within a radius of two km from the summit.

The volcano with a height of 1,018 meters above sea level is now under alert status.

link

Peace

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-11-2020 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Coming Soon (January) for your Volcano loving enjoyment:

SkyFire a movie about staying at a Volcano Resort. What could possibly go wrong??

Here is a real Volcano Resort
costarica.org...#:~:text=Whats%20offered%20at%20your%20Costa%20Rica%20Volcano%20Resort,Monteverde%20Hotel.%20...%208%20Hotel%20K okoro%20Arenal.%20

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Volcano Resort?

I guess even volcanoes need to blow off a little steam once in a while...

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Greetings, watchmen! I've been AWOL for a year or two. Where the heck is quake watch?

I sure miss the old days-puterman, muzzy and all you other interesting characters

What say you?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join