It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Retaliate Against the US Over Sanctions, Troops and Warheads Ready

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So all deaths in Ukraine are from the gov't...care to back that up with facts, because I guarantee that you can't?

So tell me, when was the last time the separatists attacked Kiev? Maybe show us a few photos of apartment buildings and schools destroyed by artillery in the west? Shouldn't be too hard as apparently you're the "go to" guy when it comes to facts...

Not at all, but it is funny that when you and a few others can't supply evidence to back your claims it automatically goes to Syria all the while dismissing the hypocrisy coming from Russia themselves.

My claim is that Washington is being hypocritical...care to refute that? Or should I just expect another dodge?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

In 1989 the USSR made the official state language Russian. Even before that though Russian was required to be used in a number of situations including scientific papers. To deny that the USSR was pushing towards making Russian the official language of all it's territories ignores the facts.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

In 1989 the USSR made the official state language Russian.

I wouldn't deny the fact that it was almost impossible to live in USSR without knowing Russian language. Can you live in USA without English ?

USSR ended in 1985 when Gorbachev come to power. Many strange legislations were made in last years. As for this specific issue I don't remember anything special. Probably Russian didn't had official state recognition lol. It is possible since USSR was a bit strange country, many things worked without proper legislation like in West.
But national languages were used in local parliaments, press, TV, schools etc all the "dark years" of USSR.

You are welcomed to point the source of your claim about USSR law from 1989 about Russian language.
edit on 20-12-2014 by kitzik because: addition

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

In 1989 the USSR made the official state language Russian. Even before that though Russian was required to be used in a number of situations including scientific papers. To deny that the USSR was pushing towards making Russian the official language of all it's territories ignores the facts.

Try and go to Germany and speak English. Tray and go to France and speak English. Hardly anyone understands it.

Some do but they dont want to use it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

My claim is that Washington is being hypocritical...care to refute that? Or should I just expect another dodge?

Washington is drunk in power and more drunk because it wants to forgets its economic woes like hyper debt and crumbling internal social structures.

However, being offensive, intrusive and interruptive is an age old AngloSaxon trait. It is in their DNA to poke their noses into affairs of others and feel paranoid of any power that they deem to be threatening. This is because their hands in history are smeared with blood and sinful crimes committed against the humanity all across the globe.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

So tell me, when was the last time the separatists attacked Kiev? Maybe show us a few photos of apartment buildings and schools destroyed by artillery in the west?

Well if they had the ability to do so they would have.

And if the separatists weren't hiding behind human shields in those places they wouldn't have been hit...

www.themoscowtimes.com...

A top separatist commander in eastern Ukraine admitted Thursday that rebels have mounted rocket attacks against government troops from within residential areas but says the practice is being halted.

townhall.com...

So it is okay to fire from those areas, yet it isn't okay to return fire towards the people that are firing at them...because that is the only reason they were shelled in the first place.

My claim is that Washington is being hypocritical...care to refute that?

And I never said they can't be...so your point is what?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

This is because their hands in history are smeared with blood and sinful crimes committed against the humanity all across the globe.

Care to show me where Russia isn't just as guilty, but of course it's only okay to bring up the past of the bad, bad USA as everything is their fault and everybody else is just innocent bystanders...is that about right?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

When you lose the arguments then start asking for the proofs and documents and facts that are known to everyone as a part of the bad history. When facts are presented, your types start to refute the numbers etc. Just for the sake of standing on own position and arguing.

Do your own research man! This is not some debate competition in High School.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

At least Russia never sanctioned American bikers individually.

The US has expanded Russian sanctions to a massive biker gang known as the "Night Wolves," which took part in armed fighting in Ukraine,
www.businessinsider.com...

And here is the chronicle how Night wolves "took part in armed fighting in Ukraine"
youtu.be...

His nickname is "surgeon" and he is one of the named enemies of great USA in the latest sanctions.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Can you live in USA without English ?

Yes you can...drive to certain Home Depots and your question will be answered.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

When you lose the arguments then start asking for the proofs and documents and facts that are known to everyone as a part of the bad history.

No when their is nothing that backs a claim is when I ask for proof, because without proof all we have is your word...And I as do most people on ATS would rather see hard proof than to take someones word about things.

When facts are presented, your types start to refute the numbers etc. Just for the sake of standing on own position and arguing.

So you would rather someone just take the word of an anonymous person without asking for something to back those claims?

Do your own research man! This is not some debate competition in High School.

Seriously you think your in a position to tell someone to do research?

HS really?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The US has expanded Russian sanctions to a massive biker gang known as the "Night Wolves," which took part in armed fighting in Ukraine,

And they are also very close to Putin, so why would they be any different than others that have had certain sanctions held against them?

Those sanctions will prevent members of that gang — whose leader is tight with Vladimir Putin — from traveling to the US or doing business with people and businesses tied to the US, according to the Journal.

His nickname is "surgeon" and he is one of the named enemies of great USA in the latest sanctions.

Maybe they should have thought of that before buddying up to Vlad.

And here is the chronicle how Night wolves "took part in armed fighting in Ukraine"
youtu.be...

No it isn't...here let me embed that for you.

Nowhere does it talk about them fighting in Ukraine.

In fact this is from the description for the video, and if you consider riding motorcycles through East Ukraine fighting you may want to check out what fighting consists of...

The Night Wolves drove through Ukraine to Sebastopol earlier this year, officially to deliver aid to pro-Russian rebels.

www.youtube.com...

So are many other's, so he isn't special.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

In fact this is from the description for the video, and if you consider riding motorcycles through East Ukraine fighting you may want to check out what fighting consists of...

It is not what I consider, it is that your media reporting

First sentence
The US has expanded Russian sanctions to a massive biker gang known as the "Night Wolves," which took part in armed fighting in Ukraine

Essentially he was sanctioned for showing support and riding to Sevastopol, is it what America calls the right of free speech expression ?

So are many other's, so he isn't special

No, he is not very special, except that he is kinda pal of Putin. And no, not many others are named individually.

Frankly speaking , this guy is very American (as much as Russian can be) and not even some clever intellectual propagandist. Just a guy, just a somewhat charismatic biker.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The 1st amendment does not apply outside the US. Secondly this would not fall under freedom of speech inside the US as the actions are linked to a military action.

There are plenty of biker gangs in the US whose members have been charged tried and convicted for criminal actions.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The 1st amendment does not apply outside the US. Secondly this would not fall under freedom of speech inside the US as the actions are linked to a military action.

I know that 1st amendment is not for the second class citizens of planet Earth lol

But if there was such a thing as 1st amendment in Russia, there is nothing criminal in riding on the bike and staging show in Sevastopol, since Sevastopol at this time was legally part of Russian Federation, approved by Crimean Parlament and RF legislative bodies etc. It is a crime from American point of view.

But if this case, when reporting that this bikers are kinda militants in USA eyes doesn't make you wonder what are principles of American society and the level of hypocrisy, I hope there are other people that will see that something is rotten in American kingdom.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is not what I consider, it is that your media reporting

Good try, but it was the blatant lie about the youtube video you posted is where I have the problem, as it has nothing to do with them fighting in Ukraine.

Essentially he was sanctioned for showing support and riding to Sevastopol, is it what America calls the right of free speech expression ?

And this isn't new, as the US has said it would sanction individuals that back the separatists in Ukraine, and by fighting in Ukraine meet that criteria.

No, he is not very special, except that he is kinda pal of Putin. And no, not many others are named individually.

Yes they are...

www.bbc.com...

And he is more than just kinda a pal of Putin...

Mr. Putin has been close with the group since 2009 and gave “The Surgeon” an “Order of Honor” for “active work in the patriotic upbringing of the young.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

Just a guy, just a somewhat charismatic biker.

Ted Bundy was charismatic and look at what he did.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

as it has nothing to do with them fighting in Ukraine.

Well, there are some people that don't understand sarcasm, what can I do.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

But if this case, when reporting that this bikers are kinda militants

Kind of militants...they fought in an armed conflict in another country against that countries gov't. that makes them full militants.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well, there are some people that don't understand sarcasm, what can I do.

Sorry but this isn't sarcasm...

youtu.be...

It is a blatant lie. as the video does not portray what you say it does.

What you can do is not try and pass off blatant lies as something that it isn't.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

they fought in an armed conflict in another country against that countries gov't. that makes them full militants.

And there are some people that really want to believe what their MSM writing even after watching the short movie about this gang. People riding on the bike and making show is it what you call "armed conflict" ?

Ok, I'm off from this topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join