It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Retaliate Against the US Over Sanctions, Troops and Warheads Ready

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

When has the US or Allies [Allies which often act on their own but the US get's blamed anway] Have bombed Iran or Syria back to the stone age?

Iran has only just escaped by the skin of their teeth a number of times, and you seem to have forgotten about the US funded rebels in Syria.

How does pointing out the fact that those countries you've mentioned are not as white as the driven snow mean it's ok to bomb them back to the stone age anyways?

Just pointing out Washington's rank hypocrisy with this whole "Big Bad Russians" BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Sorry, I must have missed the part where Russia dropped a heaping load of "Shock and Awe" on Kiev. Chalk and cheese mate.

And you missed the part where they backed the separatists in that sovereign country with weapons and troops, and annexed part of the same sovereign country...so that makes it okay because they didn't bomb the crap out of them?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Iran has only just escaped by the skin of their teeth a number of times, and you seem to have forgotten about the US funded rebels in Syria.

And many other countries are helping with that funding, so your argument is not as strong as you think.

Just pointing out Washington's rank hypocrisy with this whole "Big Bad Russians" BS.

Ah but the hypocrisy coming from Russia is just fine with you, and the Big Bad Russia has made that comment true with it's actions as of late involving Ukraine and it's former countries that are now free of their reign.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

The Iranians are many things but stupid isnt one of them. They knew it was time to give "Imawearingpajams" the political boot before his mouth got them in hot water.

Agreed

Russia is doing just fine demonstrating the whole "Big Bad Russians" BS all on their own.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
The fact that its NATO the one whose surrounding Europe and Russia building up bases and placing American forces there as alleged bringing peace stability is nothing but a joke.

I am not nor would i be surprised, America really shouldn't made the bear angry.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oh look the usual anti-Russian crowd control.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Agreed

Russia is doing just fine demonstrating the whole "Big Bad Russians" BS all on their own.

So you agree that Washington should shut it's cakehole with regards to this whole Ukraine thing then?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And you missed the part where they backed the separatists in that sovereign country with weapons and troops

At least Putin has the excuse of protecting ethnic Russians. Who was the US protecting by funding those Syrian madmen?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I think EVERYBODY, including Moscow and Washington and any other non Ukrainian, should pack up their toys and go home and leave the Ukraine to be governed by Ukrainians.

Who or which side they chose to join, support of follow is their choice, not some talking head whether in the oval office or bare chested former KGB agent riding a bear.

edit on 20-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Alright we have been graced by Putin's top cheerleader.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Do you mind?

The Adults are talking.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I think EVERYBODY, including Moscow and Washington and any other non Ukrainian, should pack up their toys and go home and leave the Ukraine to be governed by Ukrainians.

Who or which side they chose to join, support of follow is their choice, not some talking head whether in the oval office or bare chested former KGB agent riding a bear.

Well, at least we can agree on that.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

At least Putin has the excuse of protecting ethnic Russians.

Protecting them from what, because that was his excuse to take Crimea and there was no fear of harm coming to any ethnic Russian in Ukraine...a fact that doesn't seem to register on some.

Who was the US protecting by funding those Syrian madmen?

And what exactly does this thread have to do with the events in Syria, because the last time I checked Syria was not located in Ukraine...which is what this thread is about or did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Do you mind?

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Protecting them from what, because that was his excuse to take Crimea and there was no fear of harm coming to any ethnic Russian in Ukraine...a fact that doesn't seem to register on some.

Well, at least the Crimeans are alive to talk about it, huh? Pity the same can't said for the 4000+ civilians killed by the Ukranian army. Oh, and where did those million or so refugees chased out of their homes go? Kiev or Russia? Who do you think they fear the most?

And what exactly does this thread have to do with the events in Syria, because the last time I checked Syria was not located in Ukraine...which is what this thread is about or did I miss something?

It has to do with Washington's Hypocrisy, or did that part go straight over your head?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There was many threats towards Eastern Ukraine and Crimea immediately after Kiev Putch in Ukranian media and on the streets.

Watch 3 videos about special forces "Berkut"

1. Berkut in Kiev 18/02/2014 youtu.be...
2. Berkut in Crimea 22/02 2014 youtu.be...
3. Berkut in Donetzk 23/02/2014 youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well, at least the Crimeans are alive to talk about it, huh? Pity the same can't said for the 4000+ civilians killed by the Ukranian army.

So all deaths in Ukraine are from the gov't...care to back that up with facts, because I guarantee that you can't?

. Oh, and where did those million or so refugees chased out of their homes go? Kiev or Russia? Who do you think they fear the most?

Making up numbers I see...

Vincent Cochetel, director of UNHCR's Europe Bureau, told journalists in Geneva that the number of people displaced inside Ukraine had more than doubled in the past four weeks. UNHCR estimates that 260,000 people were displaced as of Monday, compared to 117,000 in the first week of August.

www.unhcr.org...

They also couldn't go to Kiev as that is much further to travel than it was to go to Russia.

It has to do with Washington's Hypocrisy, or did that part go straight over your head?

Not at all, but it is funny that when you and a few others can't supply evidence to back your claims it automatically goes to Syria all the while dismissing the hypocrisy coming from Russia themselves.

Now care to back your claims without having to interject the ME into the thread, or is that not possible?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Except there was no threat to the ethnic Russians. The only "attack" against them was that Russian was not going to be allowed as an official language in a country that's not Russia. And let's be fair under the USSR Russian was the official language and all other regional languages were discouraged albeit not officially. So it's a bit hypocritical of Russia to be mad about the suppression of their language (in a country that's not theirs mind you) when they did the exact same thing to Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

They also couldn't go to Kiev as that is much further to travel than it was to go to Russia.

I don't think that people from Alaska would run to Russia even it is much closer to Washington.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And let's be fair under the USSR Russian was the official language and all other regional languages were discouraged albeit not officially.

They weren't discouraged per se and in each Republic there was official first language like Latvian or Kazakh etc.
But how would communicate Latvians with Kazaks in English ? -no. In USSR the common language was Russian.

Before you speak about hypocrisy, check your info about language policy in USSR, and don't presume, that just to say "let's be fair" makes you right.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join