It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Establishment's "Damage control".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A quick summary of the 'gains' the Republican Establishment have made by putting their stamp on this Budget.

They feel they've avoided a potential Gov't shutdown by agreeing.

They've given big business the longest predictable period of Federal spending since Obama took office.

They've financed amnesty via this budget which was supported by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and also appeasing the Latino vote.

They've given Corporations an increase in political donations. ( Apparently, to overwhelm the Tea Party's finances which has little Corporate support.)

The price they've paid for this strategy is ranges from disappointment to feelings of outright betrayal by Conservatives and those voting for a change in direction for the country. It has invoked an increased discussion for a third party and general contempt for the Republican leaders in both houses.

Here a guess on how the damage control plays out.

Almost immediately after the new members are sworn in, bills will be passed which force Obama to veto. These bills will be deliberately tough enough to 'force' Obama's vetoing them. This places Obama in a blocking role and sets up the Democrat party as the blockers of progress which can only be fixed by electing a Republican President. All these vetos also have the benefit of having no chance of shutting down the Federal Gov't.

These will range from Obamacare funding cuts, XL Pipeline, IRS defunding. DHS defunding and reform. It could include blocking Common core...the list is potentially huge.

All the while knowing those bills will go nowhere!

This will, at first, mollify Republicans and ease the vitriol within the ranks. They will, after all. be "trying". Many of the bills will be Tea Party-like in nature to further appease the right wing of the party.

They will recover good-will and last, but not least, it will take the wind out of the sails of those promoting a third party! After all, the Republicans ARE addressing those issues-whether it was intended to succeed or not- so what good will it do to split the vote??

There's a full two years before the Presidential elections. Plenty of time for damage control especially if started quickly before any major backlash from the right.

It may actually work. This is nothing but an uneducated guess.

Any holes I've missed in this?
edit on 16-12-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammatical

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I tend to agree. I listened to my senator pat toomey(pa.) Try and justify his vote for this debacle, done with him. The homeland security is only funded for 9 weeks(I think) thus preventing Obama's amnesty. Maybe when the new congress convenes.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

I just read on Facebook, that Obama plans to announce a big refugee program for 10's of thousands of people from Syria.

Of course they'd qualify for all the freebies as well....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It was obvious the Reps would give the Corporate masters a bigger chance to influence politics...
It's Capitalism 2.0...

& defunding the DHS is as suicidal as it gets.

Both of these points prove that having the citizens best interests at heart is a thankless task.

It's like certain people have something to gain from the fall of what could be such a great nation.

That aside...

Doing anything they can to destroy the chances of a 3rd party becoming part of the zeitgeist is mandatory for the old fashioned...
Which pretty much includes a vast percentage of Congress.

edit on 16-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: mugger

I just read on Facebook, that Obama plans to announce a big refugee program for 10's of thousands of people from Syria.

Of course they'd qualify for all the freebies as well....

Glad you backed that up with credible sources, otherwise I'd have suggested it's Bravo Sierra.....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Could very well be. But, if true, would it surprise you?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Hmmm, couldn't find it on my home page. Googled it and it looks like a recycled item from mid-2013...my bad.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Your post might easily be voted "Best OP" in the 2017 "ATS I Told You So " voting.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Myself I can see a new gang of senators and reps breaking from the established GOP throwing a giant monkey wrench into these best laid plans to keep the tea party down.
a reply to: nwtrucker

edit on 16-12-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hmmph. I don't know if that would be a good thing or not.

Trouble is Obama isn't going to be sitting around doing nothing during that 'two years'......

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

That's the only out I can see. A VERY quick move while everyone is pissed. Maybe a Trey Gowdy for House majority Leader. That would be a major monkey wrench in the GOP's plans-if I have it right....

What a pit-bull that guy would be.....

(post by redcoffe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join