It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new member need advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here, interested in UFOS, seen so much stuff, but never owned a camcorder.. I am thinking about buying one, can someone suggest a good one?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: newborn92

Best Buy.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I bought a camcorder way back in the 90's, it was the 'compact' version but still far too large and heavy to take anywhere without getting shoulder ache.

Better with a decent camera that does video. Most mobile phones have good video recording these days for any spur of the moment UFO capturing.
edit on 16-12-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hi newborn. Someone else will have to suggest the best camcorder. If you get one and record something, we want to see it.

Meanwhile, welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- Just got here and already asking for favors? hahaha Do You have a BigLots!™ or a Brookstone™ in Your ecological niche?

I'd also wait until the 26th or later to buy one. This way You'll apt to snag either a bargain OR somebody working a return for the gift card.. Never pay "retail" as this is for suckers..

Enjoy Your ride..

namaste

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes, been looking at one, and get many different opinions... there's many camcorders here.. that are converted to full spectrum

www.bestghosthunting.com...

and ebay as well...

www.ebay.co.uk...

quite older models, some say old is better for these types of things.. still very unsure, so hopefully someone can make me a suggestion, also I am in the UK, yeah I have seen many things, but never had anything to record with.
edit on 16-12-2014 by newborn92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Welcome to Thunderdome.

Get a decent Handycam with night vision, and a hard drive. That way, when you don't catch any UFO's, you can still use it for fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Welcome to Thunderdome.

Get a decent Handycam with night vision, and a hard drive. That way, when you don't catch any UFO's, you can still use it for fun.

would you also suggest using inferred lens? or is that going a step to far? and any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There are decent DSLR cameras with optional night vision adapters and some have it as a built in function. Ebay has used versions cheaper than camcorders.

multifunction DSLR is probably a better choice than a camcorder as it has much more uses and probably superior quality.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

There are decent DSLR cameras with optional night vision adapters and some have it as a built in function. Ebay has used versions cheaper than camcorders.

multifunction DSLR is probably a better choice than a camcorder as it has much more uses and probably superior quality.

thanks for the suggestion, but I like using camcorders (: I had a look at them though, I also looked for camcorders, but can't really find one.. .. that I can think would be good.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Check here before you go to Best Buy: www.resellerratings.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

also my price range can be about £200.. with a max around £279.

also thanks for the link, its in my price range (:

but I am in the UK, no best buys here.
edit on 16-12-2014 by newborn92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I looked around but can't find any camcorders, specially with night vision.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you're focusing on videos of possible sightings then low light capabilities are going to be critical. From my understanding Sony has one of the best low light commercial camcorder systems available.

You might also want a motion sensor switch to kick on and off your camera. Now that's getting fancy but sometimes things are going on while your asleep or away.
Good luck!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Welcome aboard the Mothership ATS!

As a member of the ATS community allow me to direct you to this excellent resource for new members.

A mod may be by later with a more thorough introduction, in the meantime, enjoy the site and remember,

Take this as well:

May it serve you well in your many adventures to come!

Kallisti[/color=yellow]

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WELCOME!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
was looking at this but dont know if its over kill lol

www.amazon.co.uk...=cm_cr_pr_product_top

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Hi newborn92, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join